Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 19:04   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
He himself told about not gaining any points during the initial part of the season. I liked that, in a way he is being optimistic to get the car into points - a car which has not seen the track yet.
True, the first time he will step in on the F1 at Bahrain and expecting a podium is a tough task, unless some miracle happens.
With the new points I hope he manages a point or two by the end of the season
Old 14th March 2010, 15:22   #47
BHPian

hmmm..

Karun Chandhok | Formula 1 drivers, live F1 | ESPN F1

Quote:
....In 2009 he stayed in GP2, but his season was dogged by retirements and mistakes and he finished a lowly 18th in the standings. Nevertheless, though a combination of sponsors' money, his father's contacts and his potentially lucrative nationality he became a serious contender for a F1 race seat in 2010. His dream finally came true just a week before the start of the season when he was announced as a race driver for HRT alongside his old sparring partner Senna....

...Chandhok's father, Vicky, is a former national rally champion and is a key player behind the introduction of an Indian Grand Prix in 2011. He named as a potential candidate for the FIA presidency in 2009 and is a friend of F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone...
Old 14th March 2010, 19:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

but sadly , karun's debut ended in a quagmire of sorts. 2 laps and out of the race. not the perfect debut.

I sincerely wish he emerges as the underdog.
Old 14th March 2010, 19:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

the HRT car was like 8 seconds off the pace. So there is not much you can ask for. If Chandhok manages to be close to senna's times in whatever opportunities he gets, that will be an achievement. If he doesn't do that, next year he may not be even in F1!
Old 14th March 2010, 22:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Too bad that Karun had to retire. He has to concentrate on finishing the race and not into crash testing cars.

No matter if the car doesn't have the pace. If you keep going without any events during the race, luckily you could still nick a point somewhere. Maybe in a wet race?
Old 15th March 2010, 17:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Too bad that Karun had to retire. He has to concentrate on finishing the race and not into crash testing cars.

No matter if the car doesn't have the pace. If you keep going without any events during the race, luckily you could still nick a point somewhere. Maybe in a wet race?
Think he was a bit unlucky this time. He hadn't done enough laps obviously and claimed he hit a bump. Its just one of those days.

I was quite impressed with how close he got to Senna's time in qualifying after five or six laps though. But then again, this Senna is no Ayrton.
Old 15th March 2010, 17:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Karun did what he could but the care just gave up on him. 2min 04.xx is not a bad qualifying time, considering Senna was doing 2min 03.xx

His first target for the season would be to finish races.

Shan2nu
Old 15th March 2010, 18:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Karun's accident/incident looked stupid to me! It looked like he was trying to over do it.

Its his first year in F1 and his first race. Not a bad thing to happen! There is lot of learning ahead for him. I would still wish him the best again
Old 16th March 2010, 23:54   #54
BHPian

cant really blame him for what happened... the guy had only done some 4 timed laps on that circuit yet before that and in the interviews he said he wasnt familiar with the whole track properly yet.. and he hit the bumps in the new section of the track... even other drivers had issues with the bumpy new area of the circuit..
but anyways i hope they get to do some proper running on free practice in australia so the drivers can get used to driving the car.. and be a little more ready for the race.. Good luck to him!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks