Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 22:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

Yeah, right. It was team orders that made him qualify at #5.

Oh Nitrous I didn't mean it that way.

But now after reading his comments, it is clear that he had trouble getting heat into his tires and couldn't setup a proper quali lap.

Hoping for a great race tomorrow. If Alonso can avoid the classic Webber defensive move, I think he can pose a challenge to Vettel.
Old 28th March 2010, 11:24   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
No doubts about RedBulls being the fastest car on the grid right now. And Alonso is driving crazy, good for him.

Yet again the same positions for the Mercedes GP, I am still surprised, what happened to the last year winners, the cars are not quick enough to beat the others on the grid.

Looks like Schumi's position will help him catapult 3 places further as the race starts The right corner is a bottleneck, so being in 7th position should help go up a few places.

Yeah right! you can expect shumaking king to be at 10th place by the end of the race. isnt it a little too optimistic to hope knocking out 3 guys in first corner! I guess even the guys qualifying above schumi are world class racers,and it would be very ridiculous to expect that those guys would have no idea about whats about the first corner. in fact if schumi tries his old habit stunts now, he might find himself sitting in the pit garage very soon with broken wings or suspension.
why do you think people ahead will give way !
Old 28th March 2010, 11:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

It is a wet race in Melbourne, The Rain Master should be in full flow now

Game on.

Alonso spins in the first corner:( Come on Nando come home blazing

Schumi has a damaged Font wing and is in for a early pitstop when the race is run behind safety car.
Nasty accident for Kamikaze Kamui and Nico Hulkenberg.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 28th March 2010 at 11:38.
Old 28th March 2010, 11:36   #34
BANNED

ya rain master is out with damaged car!! hehe....see my pridictions and time of posting them!!

Did i not tell u he will be a cute bird with damaged wing in first corner..

HAHAHA!!

Last edited by dustom_99 : 28th March 2010 at 11:36. Reason: addition
Old 28th March 2010, 13:10   #35
BHPian

Congrats Button! Unexpected result! Dont know what Ferrari where doing. Massa was slow and Alonso was behind him for half the race!
Old 28th March 2010, 13:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Brlliant race right from the start. Bad luck strikes Vettel yet again.
Awesome racing from Button, Alonso and Hamilton.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:18   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Yeah right! you can expect shumaking king to be at 10th place by the end of the race. isnt it a little too optimistic to hope knocking out 3 guys in first corner! I guess even the guys qualifying above schumi are world class racers,and it would be very ridiculous to expect that those guys would have no idea about whats about the first corner. in fact if schumi tries his old habit stunts now, he might find himself sitting in the pit garage very soon with broken wings or suspension.
why do you think people ahead will give way !

Hey look where schumaker finished!! exactly at 10th.see my race predictions in earlier posts!!...its amazing..i predicted he will have a damaged wind in first corner,..and he might end up 10th from misadventure!!

i ish i had asked for some billion dollar jackpot,instead of some stupid predictions!!...but still"" who is laughing now, haan! ""
Old 28th March 2010, 13:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Did someone say F1 was boring? What a race this was! Fantastic piece of wheel to wheel racing!! Amazing drive by Alonso who went last on the opening lap and managed to finish 4th! Bad luck for Vettel who lost out on the corner due to brake failure. He was driving superbly.
My bro in Melbourne had gone to watch the race. I'll upload pics soon once he sends them to me
Old 28th March 2010, 13:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

I think the star of the race was Kubica, his pace at the start was amazing, which helped him gain track positions at the start. Even in later parts, he managed to keep Lewis and Ferraris behind.

Bad luck for Vettel again. At this rate Red bulls will be losing ground very quickly.

Button's gamble of going to dry tires early worked beautifully to see him take the win after Vettel retired.

Schumacher's race was disappointing to to say the least, possibly he had some damage after the first lap, but he couldn't overtake Toro Rosso until the last lap of race.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

A very good race for Button and McLaren. Good strategy from Ferrari to get the maximum points possible. Great from Alonso to come from 20th to finish 4th in the race. King Schumi stuck behind traffic but came alive at last to claim 10th.

Hammy and Webber need to be a bit more matured. How many times has Webber destroyed his race like this?

And how come Hammy, if the race is brilliant, it is YOU who did it and if it is messed up, the TEAM is responsible?
Hammy could have denied going for a pit stop the second time and could have possibly had a 1-2 with Button. He thought it was a good strategy at that moment and when it didn't work out, the team is held responsible for it.

Great person to have in the team.

And what a race from Kubica. Saviour of Renault now after Alonso? I am sure. Karun manages to finish the race for HRT which by itself is an achievement.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 28th March 2010 at 13:46.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:04   #41
BHPian

A very eventful race indeed after watching the big bore that was bahrain. I doubt if people have started reconsidering whether they should actually be making changes to improve the show or not. A little bit rain here and there does improve it a lot i guess.

Brilliant performance by Robert Kubica for not just getting there but managing to keep his position till the end, even though his car was not the fastest among that lot.

Another great drive by Fernando and this really shows what the man is made of. From 3rd to 20th and all the way back up to 4th at the chequered flag.

Tonio Liuzzi seems to be doing a really good job for Force India having secured 8 championship points already. Their best season so far. Two races and they are already placed at 6th in the constructors points list.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Hammy and Webber need to be a bit more matured. How many times has Webber destroyed his race like this?

And how come Hammy, if the race is brilliant, it is YOU who did it and if it is messed up, the TEAM is responsible?
Hammy could have denied going for a pit stop the second time and could have possibly had a 1-2 with Button. He thought it was a good strategy at that moment and when it didn't work out, the team is held responsible for it.

Great person to have in the team.
When your race engineer calls you in for a fresh set of tires, you are expected to follow his directions. Looks like McLaren's strategists screwed up big time on Hamilton. At least he got some points for 6th place. That rendezvous with Alonso and Webber in the last few laps could've been avoided, but sometimes you have to fight to get ahead. I think he was absolutely flying in this race, especially that overtaking maneuver on Rosberg from the outside. That was simply brilliant and you could see Ross Brawn shaking his head in disbelief.

Vettel's brake failure was quite unfortunate for him, and it looks like a recurring reliability issue on the Red Bull, since they had a similar issue during Friday practice in Bahrain as well.

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 28th March 2010 at 14:15.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:10   #43
BANNED

Great race but dissapointed to see Button win. Was hoping for another Ferrari 1-2. Remarkable recovery from Alonso.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:16   #44
BANNED

Its plain and simple

RedBull's are the fastest on the grid, but lack longevity.

Ferrari's are at their best, But they are trying to be tooo agressive. Still they are good

Mclarens have the pace, and they will prove to be tough as the season moves ahead.

Mercedes...! least said is better, The car is still not up there.

I see guys talking low about the legend, having made 3 pit-stops, being last in the grid, Schumi has moved up to 10th place, He's pushing the car upto its limits. What can anyone do if the car is not fast enough. Give him the Ferrari or the Red-Bull, In his present form, he would have lapped everyone to the podium. Mercedes GP cars are not the fastest in the Grid. Nico is doing well, its just the clean way he found during the race opener.

Nice to see Force India car finish again in points, sad for Sutil.

Vettel is losing out on luck each race. Its time the team pull up and prepare a race worthy car, a car that can finish the race.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I see guys talking low about the legend, having made 3 pit-stops, being last in the grid, Schumi has moved up to 10th place, He's pushing the car upto its limits. What can anyone do if the car is not fast enough. Give him the Ferrari or the Red-Bull, In his present form, he would have lapped everyone to the podium. Mercedes GP cars are not the fastest in the Grid. Nico is doing well, its just the clean way he found during the race opener.
Thats taking it a bit too far. How about qualifying and finishing ahead of Rosberg in a similar equipment to start with?
Why don't you just accept that he is not the same schumacher who retired in 2006.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed