Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 10:56   #61
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
If it wasn't for Felipi getting 5th in qualiying. You would have scored a 100% wrong prediction.

Yes, phew, everything turned upside down. But the race was good. Button drove excellently after the incident with Alonso during start up. But not many people here would like to acknowlege the same. I feel fortune favours the brave.

However, good old Schumacher disappointed me a lot. Lackluste performance. I think he is doing more harm to his fame than good.

Last edited by MCR : 29th March 2010 at 10:57.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
However, good old Schumacher disappointed me a lot. Lackluste performance. I think he is doing more harm to his fame than good.
mmmm.. hard to give a definitive comment at the moment. Its highly competitive among the top. So to expect him to have a strong start is unrealistic and akin to mythical stories or hollywood stuff. This is real and even in his peak career, he had lots of dissapointing moments. Anyway considering scoring twice in two races after 3 years break, with limited practice. Not to forget, one of them after starting from last in a weaker car is quiet a feat.

But as to his fame. You may be right. As people tend to forget that F1 championship are won by a combination of excellent drivers and cars with a bit of luck thrown into it, not Mythical heroes.

But I'll eat my hat if he scores less than his team mate by the end of the season .
Old 29th March 2010, 12:58   #63
BHPian

Brawn's Brilliance is not seen on his card this year. May be he was too busy in finding a sponser for his team before being bought by benz.

Lets wait and watch, if comes out with a wonder. The star of the show was Kubica.

Frankly if the Reb Bull are strong, so should be Renault, but than again how about Mercedes and the Mclarens

Its just the staring of the season and its good to see the private cars doing much better than the company teams, leaving aside Ferrari.

Let see whats in for Malaysia. Its the one of the two home race for Mercedes
Old 29th March 2010, 13:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

AustralianGP did wash away all the "F1 2010 is boring" comments off the paddock. It was action packed right from Lap 1. Amazing race!

Massa was crap and his defense skills on the track actually sucks! He was all over the place when he is being hunted down. IMO, he dint deserve to be on the podium and he should get Alonso a beer for not putting him to shame on the track. What a waste of space he was in that Ferrari!

Alonso did really well to finish 4th after being punted away to the last by Jenson.

It was fun to see some bold overtaking move from Schumi on the back-markers! I am sure this man will come back fine and fight for wins.

The Webber-Hamilton incident, I burst out laughing seeing one of Webbo's antic overtaking disasters bite Hamilton.

Last edited by anachronix : 29th March 2010 at 13:07.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:38   #65
BHPian

My take of the 2010 Australian GP:

1. Vettel seems to have inherited Kimi Raikonnen's luck, or rather the lack of it. Poor fellow must be devastated after coming so close to winning, twice.

2. What a great drive from Alonso. Clawing his way up the field.

3. Superb drive from Hamilton too.

4. Bad move from Webber at the end.

5. Superb result for Force India. 7th is not bad at all.

6. Nice drive by Chandok.

After the Bahrain GP I said that this seems to be a boring season due to the lack of pit stop strategies and no over taking. Clearly, I was proved wrong.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
"I could have had a good race today so it was a pity that I was hit right after the start. That incident decided my race obviously.
Hmmm, Cry Baby Alonso was compromised even more by the same incident but he ended in 4th place.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hmmm, Cry Baby Alonso was compromised even more by the same incident but he ended in 4th place.
Leave the old man alone mate! He has come back after a 3 years break. Give him his time to come back in form and we will not be finding reasons anymore on why Schumi couldnt do it.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Give him his time to come back in form and we will not be finding reasons anymore on why Schumi couldnt do it.
Lets review mid-season, what say? Do you feel that's giving him enough time?
Old 29th March 2010, 14:22   #69
BHPian

My opinion / comments on Aus race :-

1) Alonso was the best driver (Started last after mishap on 1st lap) and came 4th.
Also, he countered Hamilton's last moment attack very well inspite of running on Old tyres; whereas Hamilton has new tyres which helped him to gain 2 sec / lap after 2nd pit stop.
2) Schumi drove well; but I think he needs a better car.
3) Vettel - doing great; but I still have doubts over Red Bull's sustainance capability. (The car's performance is not 100% till last lap)
4) Hamilton lost out due to wrong strategy (2 stop - was it required ?)
5) Force India - Proud to see performance of the team improving day by day.
6) Massa - My Favourite driver; but needs to be more aggressive; else it wont help him - especially when Alonso, Schumi, Hamilton and Button around.
7) Kubitsa (Renault) performance was unbelievable. I was surprised to see Renault's Car performing too well. I think the last time I remember - When Alonso won Singapore race with Renault and started from 17th to finish as Winner.

I am sure, this year will be too exciting for F1 fans ! Since, all Cars are doing good and its no One sided this time ! ;-)
Old 29th March 2010, 14:43   #70
BHPian

Experts says this season is so unpredictable. Its proving to be true. I moan at watching one of the most boring race at Bahrain and I heard the world groan in displeasure. Australia was a complete U turn, now everyone seems to be chattering with excitement. Redbull has the fastest machine/driver at the moment but they hae a lot to catch up on delivery with Ferrari leading both drivers & constructors points. Ironically, Vettel's name usually comes up whenever experts are asked to make prediction on the outcome of a race. Well, they should have known better that its unpredictable.

But what I wasn't quiet prepared was the disparity between the established teams and the newcomers. Take Karun for example, he's 5 laps behind. Heikki, perhaps due to his experience managed to come up ONLY 2 laps behind. At this rate, FIA might start thinking of installing horns on F1 cars.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronix
Massa was crap and his defense skills on the track actually sucks! He was all over the place when he is being hunted down. IMO, he dint deserve to be on the podium and he should get Alonso a beer for not putting him to shame on the track. What a waste of space he was in that Ferrari!
+1
It would have taken Hamilton half a lap to overtake Massa.
On the other hand, It felt like Alonso was defending his position from Hamilton for half the race.
This is exactly why I had an avatar of Alonso in Ferrari overalls, a year ago.
Ferrari needs him.

Last edited by nitrous : 29th March 2010 at 16:26.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Entertainer of the race = Lewis Hamilton. What a show he put on with those totally ballsy overtakings. Total paisa vasool for me.

Jenson = Great strategy + great luck + bad luck for Vettel. Dont expect this again and again

Massa = looked very uncomfortable always holding up cars behind him

Webber = what a jerk! ruined Lewis' race. I have lost all respect for him.

Force India = bad luck for Sutil (again). Now guys, FI is the best of the rest after the top 4 teams.

Alonso/Rosberg = Lacklusture performance but didn't make serious mistakes either.
Hey! I missed the race as I was in Nagarhole. missed the replay as well. What exactly happened between Webber and Hamilton? Also many have said that Massa was not great. If he was defensive, he still managed to finish on the podium. Was the car not handling well? And was hamilton really exciting to watch? I mean were his overtaking moves good or bad? Someone please let me know the answers to these questions, looks like I missed an awesome race :(
Old 29th March 2010, 18:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

My bro in Melbourne attended the Aussie GP. here are a couple of amazing videos he's taken. Pics also coming soon.

Old 29th March 2010, 18:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
I mean were his overtaking moves good or bad? Someone please let me know the answers to these questions, looks like I missed an awesome race :(
If you can catch a replay, I would recomend it. The move he pulled on outside of Rosberg is one for the history books. But unlike Button and the others he abused his tires soo much that even with fresh rubber, he had destroyed them so badly that he couldn't pull a move on Alonso at the very end.

Webber will never change. He is a born jerk. I did'nt really care for his apology.

Massa was a mess all over the track. Thanks to Alsonso's botched start he was able to get a good finish.

Vettel was having a storybook drive till the RB gave up.

Last edited by Mpower : 29th March 2010 at 21:19.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:42   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Webber will never change. He is a born jerk. I did'nt really care for his apology.
At least he didn't call it a racing incident and try to wiggle out of it. I guess its a moment of madness when he saw Hamilton slow at that corner and decided that was his moment to overtake. The silver lining is that Hamilton only lost one place. I was furious too but I guess its one of those things that just make a bad day worse.

Interestingly, he did a very similar thing when Hamilton overtook both him and Massa earlier in the race. That time, Hamilton expertly dodged his car as it went off into the gravel. The second time, he couldn't do anything to avoid him.

@theragingbull, how come there's a gap in the wall? I managed to catch F1 live in Singapore and the spectators were so far back from the cars. And no gaps at all anywhere in the walls. Its lovely that they can get so close in Oz.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 29th March 2010 at 18:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks