Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2005, 19:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess then Fernando's overtaking of Michael at 130r wasn't stunning too, as Fernando's car was much quicker than Michael's!
I agree and he would have overtaken the Ferrari pretty easily hadnt MS been at the wheel. I absolutely loved the way MS kept behind Alonso . He actually made him work for it despite having the slower car.

Rest aside it was atleast an entertaining race
Old 10th October 2005, 21:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
What was so stunning about that move? Kimi had a car that was atleast 2 seconds faster, so all Kimi had to do was draft Fissi and pull out and out-brake him at the end of the straight. Which is what he did. .

as we have already seen from Imola that having faster car doesn't mean you can overtake (great drive by Alonso there)

also what made Kimi's move special was Kimi went from the outside of that Renault,as Fisichella could have had chance of closing doors had Kimi taken inside line.
Old 10th October 2005, 21:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

You have to agree that Kimi's overtaking move was really great. It takes a lotta courage to do that, esp in the final lap. Okey the McLaren was the quicker car but just maybe by 1sec.

The way Michael held of Alonso and Kimi was also really good. With the slowest car of the three, he made then earn the place. I'm sure he'll be back stong next season, with the prancing horse eating up the McLarens and the Renault's

Most Viewed