Team-BHP - Williams F1 wants to bring Volkswagen to Formula One
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Williams F1 wants to bring Volkswagen to Formula One (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/78029-williams-f1-wants-bring-volkswagen-formula-one.html)

Formula One’s Williams team is knocking on the door of Volkswagen with the hope that the German car brand will answer their call.

Rumors have circulated for a long time that Volkswagen has an eye on entering Formula One by 2013 and Williams is leading the efforts to bring one of the biggest car brands in the planet into the wild world of Formula One.

And in the event that VW does decide to jump on-board the F1 circus, Williams is keen on the idea of selling its team to VW, similar to what Sauber did before with BMW.

We are stronger with a manufacturer than as a private team, Williams team principal Frank Williams told Bild. No question.

For its part, Volkswagen is weighing its options on the possibility of an F1 entry. According to VW’s motorsport chief Kris Nissen, the automaker is looking at how the sport seeks to improve its image, drive down costs and improve its stability before making a commitment in joining F1.

It’s going to be an interesting possibility considering that VW is one of those major car brands that have yet to enter Formula One in its racing history. And in case they do, look for Williams to push hard to be involved in the whole deal.

Source:Topspeed

It would be interesting to see which of its subsidiary brands VW Group would be considering to use [Audi,Lamborghini or may be even a bugatti or bentley nametag] if they were to make it to f1 or whether they would come in as VW themselves. Either ways its going to be better having one more manufacturer as f1 has recently lost some of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 (Post 1798453)
It would be interesting to see which of its subsidiary brands VW Group would be considering to use..

Skoda F1 :uncontrol:uncontrol.

On second thought, its not that strange. They've made a name in the WRC already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1798693)
Skoda F1 :uncontrol:uncontrol.

lol: then half way through the season i can see the drivers running a protest cos they suddenly realised that all this time they were running on non genuine spare parts or something.

Considering VW makes the fastest car on Earth.

I see a possibility, But it may not plunge in directly with the VW tag.

2011 might see some new teams, lets see what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclrulz
They've made a name in the WRC already.

When?

They bailed out with their Fabia from Premier class ages ago.
A successful team wouldn't.
And now the new Fabia is running in the S-WRC class with the Fiesta, Punto, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1799169)
When?

They bailed out with their Fabia from Premier class ages ago.
A successful team wouldn't.
And now the new Fabia is running in the S-WRC class with the Fiesta, Punto, etc.

I meant in terms of participation.

I wouldn't expect VW to use the Skoda brand though since its a bit of a joke in the West (at least it is on Top Gear :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1799499)
I wouldn't expect VW to use the Skoda brand

well, a bugatti nametag would at least make them sound fast i guess. :D