Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 13:54   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Look at it this way. If Hamilton had broken a rule, he should have gotten a drive through. Renault, after the race, criticized him but again did not protest formally. That's because he didn't break any rule. The warning could only then be because he's in a grey area of the rules. I posted about this after the race. That's what I think about the incident.
I repeat this again! Its not in the FIA rule book for F1. But, this is something agreed between the drivers during the pre-race driver meet headed by the FIA. It all stopped with a warning for the same reason.

Quote:
You are talking from a spectator's point of view. But a driver's job is to keep his competition behind him at all costs. Why wouldn't he do what he did, then?
If it was just a spectator's point of view, why was he offered a warning by the FIA. It was against an agreement between the drivers before the race and he was warned for breaking the agreement only to stay in front for position. If every driver breaks this agreement to stay in front it will be demolition derby and not F1.

Quote:
In fact, any driver would have done that if they realized they wouldn't be punished.
Remember David Ryan who was sent out for Hamilton doing everything on track to stay in front? Not the first time really.

Quote:
He's eight points off the leader after three races in a second rate car despite two monumental strategic blunders. That's pretty cool if you ask me.
Pretty cool!? There is a driver leading the table without a single win and was nothing but crap on the track. Do I really need to figure out for you on which driver is cool or what is rather cool!?
Old 8th April 2010, 15:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

The agreement between the drivers is two line changes in the braking zone. This was not done in the braking zone. There is a difference. I've already mentioned this but you're repeating the same argument.

And I can't believe I'm trying to convince you that Hamilton is both successful and has been putting in some amazing drives. If you're trying to say that Hamilton's performances have been unimpressive, then you're letting your hatred cloud your judgement. He's been top class and any neutral fan would agree.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

^^ Its not a two line change, its one line change & well its in the braking zone. I do agree. Why do you think there was a warning from the FIA!?

Quote:
And I can't believe I'm trying to convince you that Hamilton is both successful and has been putting in some amazing drives. If you're trying to say that Hamilton's performances have been unimpressive, then you're letting your hatred cloud your judgement. He's been top class and any neutral fan would agree.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...ml#post1826001

I have agreed to his amazing drives. The Hamilton hatred is long gone mate & never I said its unimpressive.

But a slow running Massa scored a similar result in Malaysia coming from 21 to 7th. How does it make it special or outstanding for Hamilton?

Last edited by anachronix : 8th April 2010 at 16:13.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:12   #94
Senior - BHPian

The fact that Hamilton was given a warning clearly means that it wasn't all fair on his part.
He may not have broken any rule outright, but the rules are not very clear in the first place.
The warning has set a precedent now. If anybody tries similar stunt in future races, i am sure the penalty will be harsh.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:31   #95
BHPian

i think all of us enjoyed watching hamilton's weaving and petrov in his tow. we lament about F1 being boring and here we make fuss cause one guy made a move that other robots won't even dream of. what he did made the race more exciting. we all want to see good race and IMHO a clean race is a boring race. Just my thought.

PS: i am not a hamilton fan.

Lets go to CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16th April 2010, 10:04   #96
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

New thread for the Chinese GP here

This thread is closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed