Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 16:43   #61
BHPian

It was a nice race but just that second safety car ruined Kubica chances of getting a podium; how i hoped Renault to be third. If one actually assessed the race Hamilton and Alonso were lucky to get the points they did; Thanks to safety car intervention
Old 19th April 2010, 20:44   #62
BHPian

I think Hamilton is a much better driver than Button. He pitted 4 times to Button's 2 and yet lost by less than 2 seconds. He needs some better luck, though. Poor kid has been out-qualified by Button 3 times to 1 till now this season. But the Chinese GP proves his superior mettle as a race driver.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
I think Hamilton is a much better driver than Button. He pitted 4 times to Button's 2 and yet lost by less than 2 seconds. He needs some better luck, though. Poor kid has been out-qualified by Button 3 times to 1 till now this season. But the Chinese GP proves his superior mettle as a race driver.
There was a safety car that erased Button's huge lead over him too.

I do think he has the edge when it comes to pace but Button has made some very good strategic calls. Its like a Prost vs Senna thing without the acrimony.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
There was a safety car that erased Button's huge lead over him too.

I do think he has the edge when it comes to pace but Button has made some very good strategic calls. Its like a Prost vs Senna thing without the acrimony.
Yeah, that is a point about the safety car but I agree with you that Hamilton is the quicker of the two. But thats what beats me, why is the quicker guy losing out in qualifying? Thats why I said, poor kid needs some luck for the rest of the season.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:22   #65
BANNED

Was out the weekend, did not see the race.

No comments from my end.

Sad to see Schumi's performance. He's good, but why not getting better results.......?

Sometimes i wonder, Schumi car is more experimental than Nico's.

His quotes from F1.com

Michael Schumacher (10th)
"Today was one of those races that you do not want to remember, just like the whole weekend really. It was not good for me and not good from me. You have to take it as another experience and accept it even if it is frustrating that I was not able to get my tyres together better. My strategy in that respect was not very impressive as in the last 10 laps my tyres were just gone and seemed to be more slicks than intermediates. I was one of those drivers who had gone onto the last set quite early and we should have done that differently and positioned the tyres better. In general I had some good and tight fights which was fun but with my last stop being probably too early, in the end I just couldn't do anything and my fights were quite hopeless then. Congratulations to Nico who made it to the podium and at least one of us scored good points. I am looking forward to going home now but let's see if we manage to!"

Last edited by Mpower : 19th April 2010 at 22:00. Reason: use italics instead of bold
Old 20th April 2010, 22:16   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Was out the weekend, did not see the race.

No comments from my end.

Sad to see Schumi's performance. He's good, but why not getting better results.......?

Sometimes i wonder, Schumi car is more experimental than Nico's.

His quotes from F1.com

Michael Schumacher (10th)
"Today was one of those races that you do not want to remember, just like the whole weekend really. It was not good for me and not good from me. You have to take it as another experience and accept it even if it is frustrating that I was not able to get my tyres together better. My strategy in that respect was not very impressive as in the last 10 laps my tyres were just gone and seemed to be more slicks than intermediates. I was one of those drivers who had gone onto the last set quite early and we should have done that differently and positioned the tyres better. In general I had some good and tight fights which was fun but with my last stop being probably too early, in the end I just couldn't do anything and my fights were quite hopeless then. Congratulations to Nico who made it to the podium and at least one of us scored good points. I am looking forward to going home now but let's see if we manage to!"
i don't know if it is the car or the driver but the fact of the matter is Schumi was passed by a rookie in a Renault ( which is slower car if we go by qualifying timings) and i felt sad seeing that happen to a legend!
Old 20th April 2010, 23:59   #67
BHPian

Rain GOD .. Got Flooded !

Just reading through a few more websites providing some news on F1. This one is worth reading. Media, Hamilton, Button Mock Schumacher for China Drive.

Read on in the link below.

Media, Hamilton, Button Mock Schumacher for China Drive - autoevolution

I for one feel that if he does not bow out he will for sure win a race or two, for the LEGEND that he is. But till he does, I am liking this.
Old 21st April 2010, 00:45   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
i don't know if it is the car or the driver but the fact of the matter is Schumi was passed by a rookie in a Renault ( which is slower car if we go by qualifying timings) and i felt sad seeing that happen to a legend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Just reading through a few more websites providing some news on F1. This one is worth reading. Media, Hamilton, Button Mock Schumacher for China Drive.

I for one feel that if he does not bow out he will for sure win a race or two, for the LEGEND that he is. But till he does, I am liking this.
Let Button and Hamilton grin ear to ear.

In their lifetime, they will never be able to get close to what Schumi has achieved so far.

Hope to see some respite to good old Schumi in the coming race.

He's not lost his driving skills, that we know for sure, but where is the actual problem

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 21st April 2010 at 00:46.
Old 21st April 2010, 02:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK
Let Button and Hamilton grin ear to ear.

In their lifetime, they will never be able to get close to what Schumi has achieved so far.
+1
They've probably set sights on their 2nd championship, this year.
While Schumi's having his retirement holiday after 7.

That said, Schumi should have expected this and considered this criticism before getting into the silver overalls.
Old 21st April 2010, 10:40   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hope to see some respite to good old Schumi in the coming race.

He's not lost his driving skills, that we know for sure, but where is the actual problem
Same here Pavan.
It looks like the team will bring a new chassis for Schumi, to see if it helps. At the moment, the team is clueless about what is wrong with the car.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Same here Pavan.
It looks like the team will bring a new chassis for Schumi, to see if it helps. At the moment, the team is clueless about what is wrong with the car.
Its not the car thats the problem. Its the Driver. Hell i dont see his teammate having problems.
Old 21st April 2010, 15:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Its not the car thats the problem. Its the Driver. Hell i dont see his teammate having problems.
+1
To expect him to come out of 3 year break and start winning was foolish in the first place. As the season progresses he is bound to improve, but i doubt if he can get back to the glory days.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:14   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
+1
To expect him to come out of 3 year break and start winning was foolish in the first place. As the season progresses he is bound to improve, but i doubt if he can get back to the glory days.

We Schumi fans have all the patience on earth to wait.

With his kind of skills and a better car from Mercedes, we'll soon get used to see the LEGEND on the podium more often.

He's been there done that, there's nothing more left for him to prove.

BUT his comeback will not be joke, we'll see the coming races.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:22   #74
BHPian

+1
Each car is setup differently and suiting an individual racer. To copy the setup from Nico's to Schumi's or vice-versa would be outrageously naive. I agree, Nico is fairing better and would definitely become a world champion one day.

After a three year hiatus, Schumi would have definitely given a lot-of-thought coming back to racing. We are all waiting for him to bounce-back and step on the podium.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:56   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post

Button & Hamilton will eat their words soon!

For the kind of legend that Schumi is, he will come back strong. Really strong and all these mockers will be breathing the dirty air from his Mercedes soon.

This only reminds me of his infamous quote

Quote:
"We are always there, we always fight, we never give up... thats why we are here."
Closed Thread

Most Viewed