Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

Actually that's a bit of fancy reporting that's there to make Hamilton and Button look bad. And, boy oh boy, one tiny thing like that and Hamilton and Button are the new Hitler and Goebbels of the world judging by the response here.

If you really think Hamilton and Button were that arrogant, then why is it that only obscure sources are reporting on it? Why aren't you seeing anything about it on the bigger websites like PlanetF1 which love sensational news? Because it was light hearted fun. Not malicious insults.

Read the press conference transcript. Its available on the FIA website. Hamilton simply describes his overtake on Schumacher as "just as exciting as with any other driver". The Guardian reported this as the "unkindest cut of all" because Lewis didn't think it was special in any way. If he thought it was ordinary, that is his opinion. Do you want him to lie and say that it was special and incredible?

And that brings me to the next bit. The joke between Button and Hamilton, in all probability, is on those who expected Lewis to come out saying he was a changed man after the surreal experience of battling with God's own incarnation. Too bad, the truth is that it was a completely ordinary overtake. In fact, if you watch any press conferences with Jenson and Lewis, you'll see that they keep chatting and joking all the time. This is just another one.

So please get over it and quit bashing Hamilton for the stupidest of things. I know many of you want to hear that Hamilton is an arrogant, disrespectful jerk but using this kind of trashy news to support that is ridiculous.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 22nd April 2010 at 18:28.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:31   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Its not the car thats the problem. Its the Driver. Hell i dont see his teammate having problems.
Dude ! It was the double diffuser for Brawn in 2009, and now the F-duct for the press conference jokers this year.

Mercedes is currently testing a similar blown rear wing, which Nico chose to use them in china, whereas schumi opted not to. Wait for Europe guys, Reds and Silver are going to smoke the Red&Silver.

Last edited by 2theMax : 22nd April 2010 at 18:34.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

@ Mclaren_Rulez, take it easy dude!

I am surprised, The Guardian has suddenly become an obscure source when it doesn't write what you wanted.

Driver's mocking at their competitors or anyone is quite common. Nobody is an angel out there. Should we really debate whether they are devils/angels?

And nobody is bashing Jenson & Hamilton here and most of the posts have been a response, majorly interested in talking about how Michael would bounce back after all this criticism! Take it lite mate.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am surprised, The Guardian has suddenly become an obscure source when it doesn't write what you wanted.
The obscure source is that auto evolution website quoted in Addy's post. I would hardly call the Guardian obscure. In fact, the Guardian only reported that Lewis said that racing Schumacher was just like racing any other driver. Nothing about mocking, laughter or anything else. Read the excerpt from the Guardian article.

Quote:
When a Chinese reporter asked Hamilton, sitting alongside his fellow top-three finishers during the post-race press conference, how it had felt to fight with and overtake Schumacher, he got an interesting answer. "Jenson says: 'Tell the truth,'" Hamilton replied. "It's just as exciting as racing with any other driver." Which may have been the unkindest cut of all.
Michael Schumacher's comeback is already running on empty | Richard Williams | Sport | The Guardian

I'd be quite shocked if anyone was as malicious as mentioned by the link in Addy's post. Sure, drivers aren't angels but they're all still more or less civil to each other unless they have some real hatred for whatever reason. I would be very disappointed if drivers mocked each other like that which is why I pointed out that that's not the case.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 22nd April 2010 at 19:40.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The obscure source is that auto evolution website quoted in Addy's post. I would hardly call the Guardian obscure. In fact, the Guardian only reported that Lewis said that racing Schumacher was just like racing any other driver. Nothing about mocking, laughter or anything else. Read the excerpt from the Guardian article.

Michael Schumacher's comeback is already running on empty | Richard Williams | Sport | The Guardian

I'd be quite shocked if anyone was as malicious as mentioned by the link in Addy's post. Sure, drivers aren't angels but they're all still more or less civil to each other unless they have some real hatred for whatever reason. I would be very disappointed if drivers mocked each other like that which is why I pointed out that that's not the case.
You might not feel the sarcasm in that statement 'Tell the truth' and calling him just another driver.

There are nothing considerate between Mclaren & Ferrari and Schumacher was the biggest asset of Ferrari. I hope you haven't forgot the angel from the Nurburgring 2007 podium. He is now busy making road cars! Oops... Sports cars! lol
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You might not feel the sarcasm in that statement 'Tell the truth' and calling him just another driver.
Honestly, I don't. A sarcastic reply would have been to say that it was amazing, incredible all that. Sure, he's not prasing Schumacher but he's not mocking. He's simply saying exactly what he thinks. It would have been mocking if he'd rolled his eyes and praised Schumacher.

Quote:
There are nothing considerate between Mclaren & Ferrari and Schumacher was the biggest asset of Ferrari. I hope you haven't forgot the angel from the Nurburgring 2007 podium. He is now busy making road cars! Oops... Sports cars! lol
I don't know what you mean. Are you talking about Ron Dennis?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 22nd April 2010 at 20:18.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

You got it rite! It was Ron the Dennis. He did his best to humiliate Michael on the podium! That's how much Mclaren & Ferrari rivalry is!
Old 6th May 2010, 13:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

New thread on the Spanish Grand Prix here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks