Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Which driver was better this year?
Alonso 13 29.55%
Kimi 30 68.18%
JP Montoya 1 2.27%
M Schumacher 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2005, 21:06   #1
BHPian

Which F1 driver was better in 2005?

Which F1 driver was better this year?
Old 9th October 2005, 21:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes for Fernando, he was brilliant all through the season and drove flawlessly in almost all the races even when under pressure. Even Kimi was just too good but Mclaren let him down with those failures, he deserved better.
Old 10th October 2005, 10:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

On the face of it Alonso seems to be the better driver. But I voted for Kimi. I find him just fantastic. If only McLaren had given him a more reliable car.
Old 10th October 2005, 10:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

I voted Alonso because he won a championship with what is obviously a slower car. Kimi is good, but his car is better than anything else on the field.
Old 10th October 2005, 11:03   #5
BHPian

Remember that though Alonso has a more reliable car, Kimi has a faster car. Between Kimi and Alonso, it is difficult to say with conviction who is better unless both have an equally fast car. Alonso superiority is clear from the way how Fisi performs in the same car. My vote though is in Kimi favour. I think he is slightly better than FA.

M
Old 10th October 2005, 11:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Alonso was very consistent this season and won the championship despite Kimi winning more races this season. It was Mclaren who let Kimi down though speed wise the Mclaren was the class of the feld. But I vote for Kimi for the sheer "never say die" attitude of his and will to push for winning. He gave it his best despite being hit by unreliability. And after yesterday's performance at Suzuka, well what can I say?

Kimi it is..
Old 10th October 2005, 13:24   #7
BHPian

KIMI! Without a doubt.

Kimi because he races and races hard, till the end! Kimi beacuse he is never afraid of being in the thick of things whether there is a championship at stake or not! Kimi because he never gives up!
Old 10th October 2005, 13:31   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Kimi because he never gives up!
Since we're on a Kimi roll, quoting from
http://www.itv-f1.com/Drivers.aspx?id=10664

And who could forget the image of him disappearing into Olivier Panis' engine smoke at 200 mph in Spa qualifying without a hint of a lift? The right stuff.
Old 15th October 2005, 18:33   #9
BHPian

though im a kimi fan my vote goes to alonso... he has improved a lot ince last year... he has driven well, cautiously... and been the youngest champion..
kimi was great too.. but didnt manage to outsmart alonso... but he still is a great driver... hope he wins next year and helps mclaren gets contructor title in china

Last edited by papps : 15th October 2005 at 18:35.
Old 15th October 2005, 18:54   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
On the face of it Alonso seems to be the better driver. But I voted for Kimi. I find him just fantastic. If only McLaren had given him a more reliable car.
give kimi a reliable car.........and he will beat every one on the track.........there is no doubt that he is bloody good! alonso won only cause he got his first victory of 2005 well before kimi got his present day car........and of course alonso was real lucky few times. (remember with one lap to go, kimi lost a tyre)
Go wild
Old 15th October 2005, 21:09   #11
BHPian

Kinda one sided ain't it? Kimi has given a much better than anyone of the drivers...even WC Alonso, If it wasn't for his bad luck with the engines all through the season then we would have had a different Champion.
Surely Alonso cannot be stolen of credit, he has done a good job of keeping his cool at crucial times.
Old 15th October 2005, 22:02   #12
BHPian

Kimi anytime is the best this time.
He has come from quite a bad starting position (machine issue), but i guess he has a good (fast) machine, just that its not reliable.

But i appreciate all, actually F1 is quite a complex thing, since its mixture of multiple factors, anything can go wrong anytime.

Well as for shumi, bridgestone is to blame :-) , or possibly the change in the f1 rules, but then now its more interesting just that we have no precitable winner, but predictable winners this time, which makes it more fun to watch. ....

Hope now that a1 is in its starting season, and f1 in ending, i hope to have a good time watching a1 :-)
Old 15th October 2005, 22:28   #13
BHPian

Kimi..no doubt. 8/18 wins this season with last GP still to go.

Btw, I thought Trulli and button are better Poll options than Montoyo n Schumi atleast for this season.
Old 17th October 2005, 10:44   #14
Team-BHP Support

For all those who say Alonso is one rung lower than Kimi, I think the Shanghai GP showed what Alonso can do when his team decides to stop playing safe and push his car to a higher level. Kimi had no answer to the speed of the Renault driver, even though there were 2 safety car periods that bunched the field right up.

I would put these two drivers at the top of the heap, it would be crazy to call one better than the other.

But the fact remains - Alonso 2005 World Champion.
Old 17th October 2005, 11:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Alonso ! i caught parts of the Shanghai GP and boy was Alonso driving like a champion !

Most Viewed