Team-BHP - Ferrari still wants Valentino Rossi to drive in Formula One
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Ferrari still wants Valentino Rossi to drive in Formula One (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/80118-ferrari-still-wants-valentino-rossi-drive-formula-one.html)

This is interesting, Ferrari already getting ready for the next year. Wondering in case the 3 driver rule doesn't get thru', will Massa be shown way to fit Rossi?

Quote:

If Ferrari gets its wish, MotoGP superstar Valentino Rossi might be trading up his Yamaha motorcycle for something of the four-wheeled variety, namely a Ferrari F1 race car.
It’s been no secret that the Prancing Horse has been after Rossi for quite some time now, making numerous invitations and overtures over the years for the Italian icon to switch racing disciplines.
And if the Scuderia haven’t made their intentions any more obvious before, outgoing Fiat Group Chairman and current Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo pretty much let the entire world know about Ferrari’s on-going courtship with Rossi. "We want a third car in F1 next year and I would do everything to have Valentino," he said. "When he wins this year’s MotoGP, enough is enough, he must also win in Formula 1."
Whether Rossi does make the switch is still up in the air, but if you ask us, he’s dominated MotoGP long enough - he’s won nine World Championships and is in serious contention for number 10 this year. It’s time he switch gears and add a new challenge to his already sparkling career.
And what better way to do that than hitting up Formula One?
Source topspeed.com

Rossi has been doing test runs for Ferrari for quite sometime now. So this does not come as a surprise.

Its a mix feeling for me personally, I love him on 2-wheels and dont want to see him in "second position" on 4-wheels:Frustrati

mobike : same feeling here... but i guess rossi has rubbished a lot of rumours on moving to F1. he says he still wants to be in MotoGp and be more competitive. And will continue testing Ferrari.

Ferrari may want to, but do they have the room? Their current driver lineup - Alonso & Massa - is exceedingly strong. Fonso was always quick, Massa is now showing consistency in race pace too. Plus, this is Fonso's 1st year with Ferrari, and either driver is young enough for a long F1 career ahead.

I don't think Rossi is moving to Ferrari anytime in the near future.

Can't see Massa sticking around at Ferrari for very long. He simply hasn't got it right so far and I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari are looking for a replacement. But I thought their eyes were on Kubica.

Rossi and Alonso in one team will be like Hamilton and Alonso at McLaren. Both have a burning desire and the capability to be the best in the business. If the report is true, we can expect fireworks at Ferrari.

A MotoGP rider moving from 2 wheels to 4 in F1 will be a disaster.
It will be worse than an F1 driver moving to WRC or an F1 driver getting back after a 3 year break.

Honestly, I think this news is a distraction. They make you look in one direction while they're getting Kubica sign a contract right behind you.

While i think Rossi is great and has a very competitive nature much like Fernando, i doubt if he'll be any threat to him being new in the sport, should he ever get in. Also if someone has to make way for Rossi or Kubica at Ferrari then it would have to be Massa cos Alonso is way too big an asset for Ferrari for them to lose him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1853811)
Rossi and Alonso in one team will be like Hamilton and Alonso at McLaren. Both have a burning desire and the capability to be the best in the business. If the report is true, we can expect fireworks at Ferrari.

+1 to Nitrous!

Watch out for Kubica at Ferrari soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1853816)
Honestly, I think this news is a distraction. They make you look in one direction while they're getting Kubica sign a contract right behind you.

Couldn't agree more on this nitrous.