Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 17:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its puzzling to see Alonso make 2 'out of character' errors this yr.
1. Jumping the start
2. The crash in FP3 at monaco.

He's in a team that he has always wanted to be in & his team mate will never be a serious threat.

I think its just self imposed pressure of winning his 1st championship with Ferrari that's doing it.

When its comes to Kimi.. I dont he's motivated to compete in F1 anymore.. He's already world champ. and we do know he HATES the discipline in F1
Old 20th May 2010, 20:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Can the bulls be caught this season?

The RB6 will sport its F duct system at Turkey in all probability.

And if the performance advantage they had in Barcelona is anything to go by, an efficient F duct will bring the RB6 close to the F2002 in terms of ruthlessness.

Also, Webber is on fire and I am sure Vettel is due. For some big ones.
Old 21st May 2010, 02:00   #18
BHPian

Red Bull this year has the most downforce, with the aero bits on the car banned, you guys remmbr the first half of the last season where the Brawns, Williams and Toyota's were the fastest cars bcoz of the double diffuser interpretation and infact thats what helped Brawn to wrap up the championship!

This year seems like Red Bull has the jump on everyone else on the downforce and grip and thats what makes them fast - there is also talk abt a suspension tweak they have which automatically lowers the car on low fuel in qualy and gets it higher on heavy fuel in race trim - obviously they deny this - since it is illegal. Whether they have it or not - nobody can say for sure.

Alonso has definitely made a lot of mistakes this year. Massa is an average racer in a good team (his manager is Nicolas Todt) son of ex-Ferrari President John Todt (and current F1 boss) - there is some rumours of Kubica been looked at to partner Alonso next year - but i doubt it will happen - Massa has some clout in maranello - but then stranger things have happened.

Michael Schumacher - well some hate him but i for sure am amongst his biggest fans... so a little biased maybe - but he is not in a car that can win races yet or even be on the podium - clearly slower then red bull, Mcalren and Ferrari - anything above a P7 in the race is a bonus at this time.

The surprise of the year for me has been Hamilton - excellent, precise, almost robotic on track - overtaking, fighting for positions - sometimes unlucky and sometimes over using his tyres. Button is overrated in my opinion.

If Red Bull dont win both championships - based on the early form book - they have only themselves to blame!

Out of Topic - just got my Tickets for Yas Marina GP day before - anyone else planning to go please dm me.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:32   #19
BANNED

Looks like Mercedes GP is in for a major changes in their car for the coming weekend.

Source F1.com

Ross Brawn, Mercedes GP team principal
"Monaco was a frustrating race for the team where we did not achieve our potential. We had a competitive and reliable car which proved to be the quickest in the race at various stages, we performed two excellent pit stops, one of which was the quickest of the race, but ultimately we did not deliver the results that we would have hoped for. However I am encouraged that we have made progress over the last two races and that we have identified our areas of weakness which we are working hard to rectify. We have some major and very challenging upgrades for the next few races which have been made possible by the commitment and hard work of everyone at the factory over the past weeks. In Turkey, we will return to our previous suspension system and longer wheelbase car, we have the latest iteration of our 'F-duct' rear wing plus further aerodynamic developments. It's a long road ahead to achieve the level of competitiveness that we are aiming for but each race is a step along the way and I am confident that we will get there."
Old 24th May 2010, 12:21   #20
BHPian

Turkey to me would be the real test for all he upgrades and would decide the pecking order for the second round of the championship.

While RBR look to reign supreme, the question who amongst Mclaren, Ferrari and MGP would come second. (i also want to mention Renault here, i feel Kubica is doing what Alonso and Schumi did in their respective tenures in Renault/Benetton build a team around him and win a couple of championships).

Like some of us mentioned, this is a test for Massa, he has traditionally done well here, and would need a good performance to seal the debate. A win would be great although unlikely, and a podium would just do the job for him (Alonso has to finish behind him in this case).

I am also keen to see the Schu-Rosberg, Vettel-Webbo and Hamilton-Button, tussle.

With major updates and long wheel base back its time for Rosberg to hit back at the detractors and prove people wrong. Somehow i feel like supporting him (being the underdog) rather that Schumi, have still not made up my mind on this one though.

The way Mark has driven off late, he looks like a different driver, he has lost his way in previous seasons, but if he can continue with this he will make mince meat out of Vettel. I also think this drubbing would do a lot of good to Vettel in the long term, IMO he was already thinking he is a WC.

Hamilton is desperate for a win this season, and button to get some points and get back on top of the leader board after the engine heating fiasco in Monaco. If till the half way point of the season, he does not win and if Jense gets one more, Lewis would be a different guy and his relationship with the team would also be under some stress.

All in all the Turkish GP is a huge conjuncture for the 2010 season, can't wait for Sat
Old 28th May 2010, 06:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensi View Post
This year seems like Red Bull has the jump on everyone else on the downforce and grip and thats what makes them fast - there is also talk abt a suspension tweak they have which automatically lowers the car on low fuel in qualy and gets it higher on heavy fuel in race trim - obviously they deny this - since it is illegal. Whether they have it or not - nobody can say for sure.
Shouldn't it be the other way round? If you're raising the suspension and hence the car on a heavy fuel load, you're raising the centre of mass of an already heavier object. And the same's true for the opposite. Unless they're talking about compensating for the negative camber on the car due to the sag caused by the heavier fuel tank. But that should not happen anyway on a Formula one style double wishbone suspension.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:37   #22
BHPian

New livery for ferrari celebrating 800th grandprix
2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-040wri.jpg
Old 28th May 2010, 10:38   #23
BHPian

I hate those stupid looking Sharkfins on these F1 cars. I think they should be banned alongwith the double diffusers and F-ducts next year, just for looking ugly . I think Mercedes is the only team that has a shark fin that isn't too ugly.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^ F-Duct & all the crazy holes in the rules will be banned for next year!

A bigger version of the F10 for the Tifosis here!
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-50.jpg  

2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-53.jpg  

Last edited by anachronix : 28th May 2010 at 11:41.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

The weather prediction looks scary for Sunday
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-weather.jpg  

Old 28th May 2010, 12:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Will this race be at the standard 5:30pm IST ?
Old 28th May 2010, 12:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

The Turkish Grand Prix

Here you go.

Practice 1: FRI 12:30
Practice 2: FRI 16:30
Practice 3: SAT 13:30
Qualifying: SAT 16:30
Race: SUN 17:30
Old 28th May 2010, 15:14   #28
BHPian

the Red bull F-duct in images
2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-154665.jpg
2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-154670.jpg
Old 28th May 2010, 15:36   #29
BHPian

Friday FP1:
1.HAM
2.BUT
3.MSC.
Sutil suffered a nasty crash.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:02   #30
BHPian

Hamilton leads button
schumi,
rosberg
Vettel
Kubica
petrov
webber
alonso
Sutil

also sutil crashed badly in turn 8

Updates on Renault
old front wing and one camera next to airbox
2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-153672.jpg
new front wing with 3 upright and new gurney flap
2010 F1 Istanbul - Turkish Grand prix-_bilde15.jpg

Button was fastest in speed traps with 311.5 km.hr followed by liuzzi and hamilton

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks