Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2005, 22:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

F1 rule changes!!!

Rules cahnges
This is surely going to make Formula1 much more exciting as before.
Old 24th October 2005, 23:27   #2
F50
Senior - BHPian

This is how F1 cars might look from 2007.

Source : Formula1.com
Old 25th October 2005, 00:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Damn, Mosley at it again. And i read that he'll get re-elected again in the upcoming FIA elections. Why doesn't he try and come up with a decent qualifying system first? The cars in the pic posted by F50 look damn ugly to me. Thats another reason why i really want the GPMA to succeed!
Old 25th October 2005, 15:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

what i dont get about CDG wings is that how effective can they be when they'r positioned above the rear tires..

rear tires make a mess of the air flow..
as a result u cant real channel it over each wing

so it will result it a massive loss of downforce..
maybe thats exactly the point
Old 25th October 2005, 21:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think tyre changes are also back. If yes, Bridgestone would be back, and then so will Ferrari and Schumacher.

The cars will also be running on wider tyres and CDG wings which will reduce drag on the car behind.
Old 25th October 2005, 23:31   #6
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
I think tyre changes are also back. If yes, Bridgestone would be back, and then so will Ferrari and Schumacher.
See, this rule was just to dethrone Schumi and Ferrari and nothing else ...
It was never popular...just hope that Ferrari and Schumi will bounce back and give something to cheer about to their Ferrari fans.
Old 26th October 2005, 01:28   #7
BHPian

keeping my fingers crossed for the new set of rules . lets hope Ferrari and Micheal both get their act together next season. want to see them where they belong Number 1

But the competetion is going to be really tough next year , lets hope the new rules make for good racing. Even thow I am a die hard Ferrari & Shumi fan , but a good and clean fast race i will always want .
Good Luck to all the teams for next year , and hope that NK gets a nice ride for the next season .
Old 26th October 2005, 01:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
It was never popular...just hope that Ferrari and Schumi will bounce back and give something to cheer about to their Ferrari fans.
Sure... Who would have thought that ferrari with their in-house tyre supplier would not be able to do a better job than the rest on Michelin? besides the rules were the same for everyone else? And yes, i too am one of the people who are heavily agaoinst the single tyre rule and yes i am glad that the rule has been scrapped. And do you really believe that it was ONLY the tyres that dethroned Schumacher?
Old 27th October 2005, 11:39   #9
BHPian

Whats the big prob of Mosley...the damn guy is bent on removing Schumi from the record charts itself...but as we all know Schumi is not one who will give up...he may have lost the championship this year, but hes like the Terminator...HE'LL BE BACK!!
Old 27th October 2005, 23:48   #10
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Sure... Who would have thought that ferrari with their in-house tyre supplier would not be able to do a better job than the rest on Michelin? besides the rules were the same for everyone else? And yes, i too am one of the people who are heavily agaoinst the single tyre rule and yes i am glad that the rule has been scrapped. And do you really believe that it was ONLY the tyres that dethroned Schumacher?
Tyre to certain extent, because in many races car was showing that it had a bit of pace but after pit stops everything used to change .. eg - Hungary, Japan(i suppose) only race where it was quite well was in Imola.
The tyres were wearing out in second half of the race, so many tyre changes/punctures... eg Monza
Old 28th October 2005, 00:35   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A typical Ferrari fan's thoughts. But, how could anyone be sure that Michelin tyres would fare better over the entire race distance compared to Bridgestones? I'm not a Ferrari fan, but, if you asked me at the start of the 2005 season, which tyres I would bet on, I would have said, "Bridgestone". Going by 2004 and earlier records, Michelin were rubbish. Also remember, it was due Bridgestone that Ferrari got their only win of the season - Indianapolis.
Learn to accept one thing, "Every party has to come to an end." Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Benetton have all gone through this.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th October 2005 at 07:40.
Old 28th October 2005, 07:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

sign of desperation?

Quote:
Article from Autosport: 27/10/2005

Ferrari yesterday broke Formula One's annual winter testing ban as they
kicked off the start of an unabated two month programme that covers
Vallelunga, Italy and Bahrain. It is the first time a team has broken
the winter testing ban and gives Ferrari an enormous lead over the
other teams. The move comes about despite Max Mosley's surprising
U-turn on the tyre rules, seen by many in the paddock as a decision
that will result in a rerun of the 2004 season.

On top of the controversy caused by testing during October and
November, Ferrari's decision to run in Bahrain to fix warm weather
problems with Bridgestone tyres is another unashamed move. Teams agreed
in the 1990's never to test outside of Europe because of the huge costs
that in entailed and the damage it would cause to smaller teams.

Jean Todt has also confirmed that Ferrari will not be signing any rules
to limit testing throughout the 2006 season. It is another change of
mind for Todt after he said in China that with Williams and Toyota
joining Bridgestone's ranks for 2006, Ferrari would to re-consider
their stance on testing "We will not be the only strong team on
Bridgestone tyres."
Although I can not link directly to the article here is the link telling about Ferrari testing source
Old 28th October 2005, 14:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

How (un)surprising! Just bring on GPMA and let ferrari win all they can against midland/red-bull and minardi.
Old 28th October 2005, 15:45   #14
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
A typical Ferrari fan's thoughts. But, how could anyone be sure that Michelin tyres would fare better over the entire race distance compared to Bridgestones? I'm not a Ferrari fan, but, if you asked me at the start of the 2005 season, which tyres I would bet on, I would have said, "Bridgestone". Going by 2004 and earlier records, Michelin were rubbish. Also remember, it was due Bridgestone that Ferrari got their only win of the season - Indianapolis.
Learn to accept one thing, "Every party has to come to an end." Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Benetton have all gone through this.
Yeah im a Ferrari fan and thats no crime ... a rule made just for a year, what does that indicate.
Addy, if you would have asked me about which tyres then I wouldnt have said Bridgestones coz, Bridgestone wears faster than Michelins I think that you must have noticed over these years (last 4-5) and this is what I noticed that Michelins had the ability to run longer even when there was no such rule of tyre change. So this rule was a boon to Michelins.

Eg. - In 2001, it was 1st year for Michelins, Fisi was in Benetton and was running on Michelins, his tyres (i don remember all 4 or 2) were not changed just to keep Coulthard back and it was not so that he preserved his tyre through out the race, infact David was on his tail the whole time. Ultimately he lost that place but got a podium finish.

You may say, that was 2001, this is 2005 but my friend some qualities are to be recognised from the starting, thats the reason I would have gone for Michelins but didnt expect Bridgestone to be so bad going by "earlier records"
Old 28th October 2005, 15:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... a rule made just for a year, what does that indicate.
That could also indicate that ferrari have pressured their pet dog (read as Mosley) to change the rules 'cos they're not winning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks