Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 23:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Button, Barrichello, Hulkenberg, Kubica, Petrov, Sutil, Liuzzi, Buemi and Pedro de la Rosa have been handed 5-second time penalties for driving too quickly under Safety Car conditions...
Glock gets 20 sec penalty for ignoring blue flags
That is some arbitrary punishment, most of the drivers retaining their positions. I think this is more of a token punishment.
As a result of penalties, Alonso and Buemi swap places and Rosberg is in points instead of de la rosa. So not much change in results.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 27th June 2010 at 23:54.
Old 28th June 2010, 00:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Button, Barrichello, Hulkenberg, Kubica, Petrov, Sutil, Liuzzi, Buemi and Pedro de la Rosa have been handed 5-second time penalties for driving too quickly under Safety Car conditions...
Glock gets 20 sec penalty for ignoring blue flags
It is a joke of a penalty. Like just for the records. Schumi passes Alonso at Monaco GP, he gets 25 seconds penalty. And now a 5 second penalty for others who were ignoring the safety car to gain an advantage?

FIA should be consistent with their system else why have one in place. It is getting worse than the refereeing at the world cup.
Old 28th June 2010, 09:04   #33
BANNED

Mercedes GP are upset about the red and green lights during the Safety car.

Nico gets within points due the penalties, thats some respite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956252
Michael Schumacher (15th)
"What a race. We would like to have clarification about the safety car situation as the red light on the exit from my first pit stop destroyed a race which otherwise would have offered us very good possibilities. Our point of view is that as the safety car had passed the pits without having the cars lined up behind it, there should not have been a red light. There was a green light for a moment and then suddenly it went red again. We believe that this was not correct. Our strategy was right in that context as we took the opportunity which could have given us a finish even close to the podium."

Ross Brawn, Mercedes GP team principal
"Today's race was a disappointing outcome to our weekend in Valencia. The car was reasonable today but again we suffered from our qualifying performance which is an issue that we need to get on top of quickly. Nico got caught up at the start therefore we made an early pit stop which was unfortunately compromised when the safety car came out and we lost any benefit. From there, Nico's race was about consolidating his position as we had some concerns over brake wear which he did an excellent job to manage. With Michael, we were looking to benefit strongly from the safety car. As the leaders had not been picked up, Michael was waved through and that gave us a golden opportunity to make his pit stop as our predictions were that the option tyre would hold up for the remainder of the race. However, when Michael came to exit the pits, the red light was showing which cost him a significant amount of time. In our view, the regulations are clear that the exit light should not go red until the line of cars has formed behind the safety car, and we would like the FIA to look into this. There was no line formed and over 18 seconds between Hamilton and Kobayashi when Michael came in. It was a good effort from Michael to try and recover from there but ultimately a very frustrating afternoon."

Norbert Haug, vice-president, Mercedes-Benz Motorsport
"Michael could have finished quite high today if the red light at the pit exit had not been switched on. This happened contrary to our understanding of the rules which say the pit exit remains open until a line has formed behind the safety car. That clearly was not the case as there was a gap of over 18 seconds behind Lewis Hamilton whilst Michael was in the pits. He would have fitted in this gap if the red light had not have made this impossible. So Michael's race was ruined even though he posted quick lap times throughout the afternoon. Despite three pit stops and a long wait at the pit exit, he finished 6.5 seconds outside of the points. Nico had to look after his brakes throughout and was therefore handicapped. It's been a weekend to forget for our team but we will be stronger soon."

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 28th June 2010 at 09:06.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:06   #34
BHPian

The cry baby (Alonso) is at it again
"http://en.espnf1.com/europe/motorsport/story/21611.html"
Imagine if he was in Hamilton's position

Anyway loved the race it was unlike any previous European grand prix.

Webbers crash was scary for sure. He seem to have lost(dreaming) it as soon as he came behind a slow moving lotus.

Great result for Sutil and Force India finishing above Ferrari. Loved Sutils move over Buemi.

Best race by Kobayashi though.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

This race was a typical example of FIA losing control over the race during a SC situation.

I don't care what the cry baby says about Hamilton. Hamilton was penalized and he did well to finish where he did.

The penalties for the drivers who broke the SC rule should have been heavy. They gained much much more than the 5 second penalty.

It was a bore fest otherwise!

Last edited by anachronix : 28th June 2010 at 11:00.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:20   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
This race was a typical example of FIA losing control over the race during a SC situation.

I don't care what the cry baby says about Hamilton. Hamilton was penalized and he did well to finish where he did.

The penalties for the drivers who broke the SC rule should have been heavy. They gained much much more than the 5 second penalty.

It was a bore fest otherwise!
Hamilton clearly broke the SC rules, everyone could see him go past the safety car. And only a drive through penalty

And 5 second's penalty for others also is a crime. Schumi accepted a 20 second penalty for a lower crime than yesterday's race. That shows bureaucracy.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

^^ I agree Hamilton gained more than the drive through penalty by overtaking the SC. I beleive Mclaren was prepared for it!

And the teams who followed the rules in the SC situation became losers! Not good for F1.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hamilton clearly broke the SC rules, everyone could see him go past the safety car. And only a drive through penalty

And 5 second's penalty for others also is a crime. Schumi accepted a 20 second penalty for a lower crime than yesterday's race. That shows bureaucracy.

+1 to that.

Alonso might be crying but for good reason. A drive through penalty doesnt do justice. He should have been given a 10 sec stop-go penalty as per the rules and as per the penalties that have been dished out in previous races.

As for the 5 sec panalties, I have no words to describe it. It is in my opnion very unfair. Should have been given a lot more. I though FIA has included previous drivers now in race control to take care of everything. Were they not there in this race?

Any way the Webber accident was spectacular and shows the rigidity of a F1 chassis especially when it comes to protecting the driver.

Vettle won and I am very happy. I would love to see Nico's full potential being used by Mercedes.

And FERRARI - YOU NEED A NEW TEAM.. Montezemelo must now realise that kicking out Ross, Jean & Shumi was not that great an idea! I am a true blue Ferrari fan but am starting to give up hopes now!
Old 28th June 2010, 14:04   #39
BHPian

What was Webber thinking??? I still understand what happened there! He misjudged very badly. And yes the penalties for both Hamilton and others were very less. Overall, except for Vettel's victory, a very disappointing race. The stewards and Mark Webber ruined the race for me. And Ferrari's cars were clearly lacking pace.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:04   #40
BHPian

What a boring race ! Now all we have to look forward to is either rain or Saftey Car coming out and as a result FIA and some of the teams screwing up .

Get refueling back atleast , it might atleast provide some respite from clearly the most boring pit stratergies .

Anyways delighted to see Vettel back on the top step of the podium , though half the battle was won in qualifying itself .
Old 28th June 2010, 14:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
What was Webber thinking??? I still understand what happened there! He misjudged very badly. And yes the penalties for both Hamilton and others were very less. Overall, except for Vettel's victory, a very disappointing race. The stewards and Mark Webber ruined the race for me. And Ferrari's cars were clearly lacking pace.

I enjoyed the seeing Ferrari struggle and cry like kids .
Old 28th June 2010, 14:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
And Ferrari's cars were clearly lacking pace.
Lacking pace!? What happened to Mclaren's Button behind a Sauber?

The Valencia is an useless track for a race where overtaking is nearly impossible and its difficult to show pace unless you are in clean air or behind a fast car.

Alonso was on Hamilton's tail right before Hamilton chose to 'cheat'! The Ferrari is nowhere far, just that they followed the rules and looked like losers!
Old 28th June 2010, 14:57   #43
BHPian

Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes had run red bull style exhausts, Some pictures of the same
2010 F1 Europe - Valencia Telefonica Grand prix-529wri.jpg

2010 F1 Europe - Valencia Telefonica Grand prix-532wri.jpg

Ferrari without the engine cover
2010 F1 Europe - Valencia Telefonica Grand prix-542wri.jpg

Picture of kubica renault
2010 F1 Europe - Valencia Telefonica Grand prix-620wri.jpg
Old 29th June 2010, 06:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Amazing driving by Kobeyashi! He did a great job keeping Button at bay for all those laps with older tires.

After that, amazing passes on Alonso and Bumemi on the last corner of the last lap.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Is Formula 1 bringing itself into disrepute? The Buxton Blog

An article from the SPEED commentator!

I am surprised, its not the first time that Hamilton has actually overtook the SC!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks