Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2004, 16:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Man this F1 seems to get better and better by the week.

Schumi : Did anyone have doubts about him winning the race? I don't think so!!!

He was there right from the begining, never let the others take a piece of the action. Montoya did manage to close in on him a bit but then Rebuns came to the rescue. I have to give it them, they're the best Team in F1 today and their selfless team work shows it all.

Montoya : Was fast today but i doubt he would have been able to catch up with Schumi even if Bari wasn't to intrude.

J Button : Well, what can i say, my fav team and they're right there with the best in the business. It's really intersting how a team can come up the ladder in one year.

Dig last year's race videos and you'd find them fighting it out with teams like Minardi, Toyota and Petronas.

Honda really seems to have got the right engine in the right chassis. I coudn't believe what i was seeing.....a Honda keeping pace with a Ferrari, Williams and Mclaren. And then there was that wild card moment when Sato came out of nowhere and got him self a "fastest lap" which ofcourse was shattered later on.

I really can't say much about Mclaren....they've got a great driver who's desperately waiting for a car that can match his driving. Did you see him give an open palm push to one off the track side guys.

"Alls well that ends well" and it did for most of us.

I wouldn't want to meet any Mclaren fans today!!! *

Regards....
Shan2nu
Old 22nd March 2004, 15:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Yep... good race with lots of drama.
I don't think Ferrari and M. S. are gonna be caught in the near future by any team or driver. The reliabilty of the Ferrari is top notch. That allows Schumi to keep push the car to its limits over long periods of time. Mix that with his personal brilliance and you have an unbeatable combo.
McLaren? Well, Kimi was fast and tried hard but his car gave way. Coulthard didn't push as hard and managed to finish in the points. This just shows that the Merc still can't take on the limit driving for long.
Judging by McLaren's performance, I *wonder if Montoya is thinking whether it would be wise to stay with Williams BMW.
Jenson Button did well in his BAR Honda. BAR are improving fast but reliability wise they still have some way to go.
I felt sorry for Mark Webber / Jaguar. They blew it right at the start and matters got worse as the race progressed. But Webber has a similar attitude to Michael Schumacher and Jaguar is improving - look at the qualifying. Ofcourse, matching and beating a team like Ferrari / Williams is out of question, but it won't be too long before Jaguar has better results to show.
Old 22nd March 2004, 16:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

And what was all that talk about Rossi getting into an F1 car? He's already given it a shot in rallying but couldn't match the pros and ended up toppling the car on a few ocassions.

"Stick to biking Rossi, F1 isn't for you". If Rossi likes challenges, he should give the "Isle of Man" a try!!!

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 24th March 2004, 05:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

when u get that good.. and blow everyone away in a bike..
u try n set newer n tougher challenges..

thats how it is for him..
Old 25th March 2004, 02:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

It was a great race completely dominated by Schumi and Ferrari but most of all

I WAS THERE !!!! I WAS THERE !!!! and was it an experience....

If youre a car and racing lover and havent seen a GP atleast once .. trust me guys u aint lived ur life

Cheers
Old 25th March 2004, 02:14   #6
BHPian

Hehehe Dippy could make out from ure Face u were Sad to come back to Mumbai......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks