Team-BHP - Who's your favourite young driver?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Who's your favourite young driver? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/846-who-s-your-favourite-young-driver.html)

I have picked 3 young drivers in the F1 paddock who have made some sort of an impact over the last 3 years. Vote for your favourite and if you want, give your reasons.

I have gone for Kimi Raikkonen. He stepped into Mika's shoes - something that would be a tough job for any rookie. In his 1st year, he did a good job for Sauber and then didn't take long to make himself comfortable with McLaren - a team that was struggling with launch control problems. He has made good use of whatever machinery he has got. He showed that last year - the McLaren was not close the Ferrari or Williams when it came to speed or reliability but Kimi finished second in the drivers' standings. Besides that, he has stayed away from controversy unlike Montoya and always has a smile on his face.
I also like Mark Webber, but, he hasn't garnered enough points to be included in this poll. Remeber his 1st race - Aussie GP - 5th in a Minardi! Large hearted performer with Schumi's attitude.

Alonso any time, he's got the ability to perform in a little underpowered car.

Kimi - Speed, consistency, non-political (mental simplicity) and motivation

GTO

Its Kimi for me... With his cool head hes sure to clinch the championship .. Now if only Woking provided him with the good machinery...

Cheers

Fernando Alonso for me. i like the understated aggression he shows in a car well thats not really up there, but is getting there. he really should be the man to watch.

alonso !

man reason beign he's never satisfied with 2nd or 3rd !
he always wants to win.. each race !

did u notive his body language in melbourne.. right before he got to the podium ? wasnt very happy...

he knew the renaults' were a fait bit off the ferraris' pace..

and u cant really consider montoya 'young'..
he'l be 29 this yr !

Alonso will be interesting to see if he hes picked by Ferrari to be the successor to Schumi whick I think he is. Kimi would stick to Mclaren I guess. Sin the future its gonna be interesting to see a battle between Mclaren Kimi and Alonso Ferrari.

Cheers

kimi for me.....refined aggression..
Montoya is also good but 2 aggressive..goes overboard sometimes..alonso is also good...really good..

M3

Kimi's good but I prefer Alonso. He definitely gets more out of the car and is a much more exciting driver.

kimi's really good. as last year's results show, he was pretty fast and consistent. too bad the mp4-19 this year doesnt live up to his abilities. and i'm hoping the next mp4-20 is a real winner.....kimi, like the ice-man he is, is very cool-headed and keeps out of controversies. alonso's pretty good too...now that renault's improving their act, it'll be interesting to see how things stack up.

my other favorites are Jos Verstappen n Jarno Trulli. Actually ALL of them are good.

I really wish Hakkinen comes back to McLaren. I know its not possible, but there is no comparison to Schumacher - Hakkinen combo.

Kimi is the best of the new drivers...he aggressive and refined and knows how to maintain his cool when things rnt going his way.No wonder he is the Iceman
Montoya on the other hand just talks too much and drives like a teenager playing a F1 game where u dont need to worry abt tyres wearing or nursing the engine in case of a problem or other technical stuff...Montoya just wants to go flat out...some1 needs to tell him this is formula 1 where the tracks have slow n fast corners , chichanes , hairpin's n stuff unlike Indy car where u drive round an oval taking left turns all day(wat a drag).
Alonso i cant say much abt!

Kimi for me too. Will never forget his first race for Sauber. And how he got his FIA super-licence. Reminds me of good ol' Ayrton Senna in 1990 (GTO, dis is for u).

BTW talking about kimi, where's kimibabe disappeared?

Revv

No sign of Kimibabe she just diappeared