Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2004, 20:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

WOWOWOWOW,
* * *What *a race... i didnt even need a nail cutter to clip my nails. Rossi was the king of the yamaha. He showed his true talent!.. Great Goin...

Cheers
Dom

The Doctor has done it again
Old 18th April 2004, 20:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ya,
now there is absolutely no doubt about Rossi being the best rider in MotoGP today.

Biaggi's Honda was clearly the better bike as Rossi was just not able to pull away from him, but all that experience and talent finally got him victory.

If the Yam was as good as the Hondas then Rossi's team mate should have been right there with him, but the next best Yam came in 9th.

I say Rossi has proved it to the world that "Honda or no Honda, the Doctor always wins".

But personally speaking, i'd love to see Rossi back on a Honda.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 18th April 2004, 22:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

what a race, MOTO GP is reallly starting to interest me, atleast it has for a while now. what a race, even the 250 race was really something, i was rooting for Dani all the way. i guess Rossi has proved he is one of the greatest around. you know what id really like to see? Rossi riding a Ducati. i was so disappointed withe the Ducati performance. it's my favourite team. now put the Italian where he belongs on an Italian machine.
Old 18th April 2004, 22:45   #4
Team-BHP Support

Valentino Rossi has shown today that he dosen't need the best machinery in the world to win races. As a bike, Honda is much better than Yamaha. But, Rossi's brilliance showed that he's the best rider around. If you see the standings, *the other Yamahas are nowhere to be seen.
Old 18th April 2004, 23:04   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have not been following motoGP, but am determined to start this year. But I couldnt watch todays race since I was on the expressway doing 200+km/h on a splash and dash to Pune. Revv called me and gave me the good news about Rossi.

What I respect most is his B***s to leave a strong and dominant team, then join an under-dog and try to get it to the top. And that can come only with supreme levels of self-belief.

Rossi rocks

GTO
Old 19th April 2004, 00:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Very True GTO,
You should have seen his victory lap!!.... He was in tears after he finished... he also thanked his bike!!.
Pretty Cool dude, has an alien face that chiks DIG!!

Cheers
Dom
Old 19th April 2004, 00:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Even Biaggi apprecieted Rossi's win and shook hands with him which never happened last season.

Regards..
Shan2nu
Old 19th April 2004, 01:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

I couldnt see it live but I saw the repeat a while ago .. Excellent race and Biaggi was good too on Rossis tail. But in the end Rossi showed why hes the best winning on debut for Yamaha. Yamaha might really benefit a lot from his presence in the team

Cheers
Old 19th April 2004, 12:24   #9
Team-BHP Support

What Rossi did was amazing...! Now, I'd Like to see Schumi leave Ferrari and move to,say, Jaguar and do the same!
Old 19th April 2004, 12:49   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Now, I'd Like to see Schumi leave Ferrari and move to,say,
Schumy already did that, in moving from the championship winning Benetton to the sick and ailing Ferrari team in 1996.

GTO
Old 19th April 2004, 13:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

I tell you what, Rossis' gonna bring Yam to the top and then maybe when they think they're invinsible, he might just leave them and join Kawasaki or even proton. That'll be something.

Rossi would have had a real tough time if Sete (who came in 3rd) hadn't taken it easy, but it was clever of him to stay in 3rd as this is just the first race and he can always catch up later.

For Biaggi though, beating Rossi was maybe the only reason he raced in Africa.

Regards..
Shan2nu
Old 19th April 2004, 15:25   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 19 2004,11:19)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] Now, I'd Like to see Schumi leave Ferrari and move to,say,
Schumy already did that, in moving from the championship winning Benetton to the sick and ailing Ferrari team in 1996.

GTO
True, he did shift, although chances are that the Benetton was not going to be as competitive the following year. But my point is this, Rossi could easily have settle down for good with Honda and probably won the next 5 championships comfortably. But he didn't. He wanted to win in all the different ways - 2strokes, first motogp, and then once more to show it wasn't a fluke. On doing that, he didn't stick around even though he would be almost assured of winning championships with Honda. He chose a challenge. It was a risk that, if it went wrong, could have had Rossi end up like JV when he moved to BAR.

Now i am a Schumi fan myself, but I just can't see him doing that. Ofcourse, watching him race and win for so long is something special altogether! Its just that I kinda respect Rossi more for what he did.
Old 19th April 2004, 18:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Rossi was coool. I seen the whole race. Couldn't say anything right up till the flag, and the flag moment was super [what a wheelie man] Very good race. Gibernau was also good. Although in the end he wasn't fast enough. But overall a very good race.
Old 19th April 2004, 22:33   #14
Team-BHP Support

Guys, don't forget, "The Doctor" has taken Jerry Burgess and many of his mechanics with him to Yamaha. Burgess was Mick Doohan's, Alex Criville's and has been Rossi's manager for many years. He knows how to get the best out of his riders and team mechanics. He is the man who saw to it that Honda dominated the sport for so long and I believe he's the one man along with Rossi who can take Yamaha to the pinnacle of MotoGP.
Old 19th April 2004, 23:38   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]True, he did shift, although chances are that the Benetton was not going to be as competitive the following year. But my point is this, Rossi could easily have settle down for good with Honda and probably won the next 5 championships comfortably. But he didn't. He wanted to win in all the different ways - 2strokes, first motogp, and then once more to show it wasn't a fluke. On doing that, he didn't stick around even though he would be almost assured of winning championships with Honda. He chose a challenge. It was a risk that, if it went wrong, could have had Rossi end up like JV when he moved to BAR.
Yes its true that Benetton were not expected to be as competitive in 199 as they were in 1995. Butttttttttttt dont forget that Ferrari was as much a weakling as could get in the mid-90's. They had won only a single digit worth of races in the 5 years since 1990. Schumacher had open offers from the mighty Williams f1 team as well as Mclaren were negotiating with him. In Schumachers biography (the one covering the Ferrari years..dont remember which as I have read 4 of them), it is detailed out that it was Schumachers manager Willi Webber who convinced Schumacher of glory if he was successful in resurrecting Ferrari back to its winning ways of the 70's. Michael himself was very inclined toward joining either one of the British teams. Think about it, he had the doors of Williams and Mclaren open to him and yet the challenge of rebuilding the most glorious name in Formula One drew him to Ferrari. In fact, Ron Dennis had also been open to negotiating with him for the 1999 season.

In the 20 odd years before 2000 (Schumy's first drivers championship with Ferrari) there were only two teams that dominated turn by turn...Mclaren and Williams!! Of course, then on Michael Schumacher changed all that.

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks