Old 9th April 2004, 13:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe Rehaan little Jhon

Cheers
Old 9th April 2004, 14:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Hatari @ April 09 2004,02:35)]i dont like the fact that he insists on No. 1 status..
Lol * *is that a record of sorts?? if yes i am proud to be the record holder *
Besides quite a few times or at places i have seen Michael Schumacher being spelt as Micheal Schumacher and i found typing Micheal much easier * *

Replying to Hatari...i would just like to say...who doesnt want to be called number 1? Hell ppl r ready to do anything to be on the top.And about Micheal not being a good person...he supports quite a few charities....and he was(or is) UNESCO Special Envoy for Education and Sports.
Old 9th April 2004, 14:23   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]and schumi fans..its spelt MICHAEL !
Hahahhaa, Wraith..big plump off...Didnt even notice it in your posts!

Butttttttttttttttttttt it dosent matter whether one likes Michaels style of working, on the track or off it....the Formula sure has worked now, hasnt it? Schumacher is the ONLY driver in Formula 1 history to make everything work toward him...be it his team, his car, teamboss, his team-mate, the testdrivers, engineers, the FIA....each and every element. I cant think of one formula 1 driver who would NOT give his right arm for such a situation...every driver wants it, but there is only ONE who could achieve it! Controversy has ALMOST always followed the most successful. There have been moments on the track when Michael has goofed up and i agree...but then you have 99.99% genius and just .01% error. I dont know about your attitude but I tend to look at the rose and not the thorns. Yeah I critic him for jerez, but that dosent stop me from embracing him for the genius that he is!!! I am not one who has blind faith in Michael Schumacher. I am a fan of him for solid reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]1. BAR and Jaguar spend HALF of what ferrari do.
Does that explain their absolutely pathetic performances until very recently? Remember...Formula 1 is about a lot more than just how much money the teams pump in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]now wudnt that be amazing.. JV vs MS in a ferrari..
not according to ms
Jacques Villeneuve in a Ferrari? WAKE UP!!! He was unceremoniously kicked out of BAR-Honda , and his pathetic driving wasnt the only reason. There are 5 teams that are now capable of winning races and NOT ONE even offered him a seat!!! And Mr. Schumacher does not have a say on EVERY SEAT on the grid. Why single out the one seat at Ferrari that he did not get when there are many others that DID NOT want anything to do with JV. Jacques wanted a drive at Ferrari? Big deal, which Formula 1 driver wouldnt? JV is nothing but trouble...he is not a team-player, he hates testing, he detests promotional work for the sponsors...and he always plays down his team-mates. He can be solely responsible for creating havoc in a team, and thats one reason why any well-oiled team like Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams, Renault or BAR would not want anything to do with him. Oh, how I would love to see his face when hes watching Jenson Button take two podiums in a row and overtaking Mclarens!!

GTO
Old 9th April 2004, 15:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

BAR have really come up well as a team this season and that is after JV is out. Button has been a good driver but was really in the shadow of JV till last season . Now hes out of it and now what he is doing is all for you to see. Even though JV had been around for a long time he really never was of the sporting nature at all.

About Michael Schumacher , I agree with everything GTO has put forward. At the end of the day he is also human and can make mistakes. Didnt he out in Brazil last year despite being the king of rain. I have seen no driver till date who has the entire team tyre manufacturer working round him like he has done. Like GTO said every other driver would love to have it the same day but they just play sour grapes because they dont get it. When ever a new driver has a one of victory or maybe overtakes Schumi at a race or laps him ( which really doesnt happen apart from once Alonso at the 03 Hungarian) every one goes to say that someone new has come to challenge him ore the one to beat him has come, butttttt what happens after that. True the new drivers have talent. I absolutely love Kimi and Alonso but they still have a long long way to go to get close to what Michael has done. And seeing the way Michael is going, what he achieves by the time he retires will be very difficult to do by any following driver for a long time to come.

Come to think of it I really dread to wonder what Formula 1 will be after Schumacher retires.. I went to the Malaysian GP.. It was my dream to see the maestro race in person and see him win. I did and my dream was fulfilled.. I dont know if I really get a chance to see him again but all I can I attained Nirvana after seeing what I can definately say " THE GREATEST RACING DRIVER" of the current era.

LONG LIVE MICHAEL SCHUMACHER

Cheers
Old 9th April 2004, 18:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

what I feel is that Ferrari was frustrated because of that 19-20 yr gap in which they mostly finished second. They wanted someone to get them to the top like hell. Of course, they are a great team and they have all the possible technology. But the driver and his feedback is also very important. Seeing Schumacher's performance with Benetton, they knew that this guy could get them somewhere. They decided to be completely committed. If I'm not mistaken I guess they brought in some top engineers and officials from Benetton so that Schumacher has everything he needed. They needed to be on top. And doing that they have reached so far. Completely at the top. In fact, now there is no competition for them. They just rule.
Old 9th April 2004, 19:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

schumacher also suffered during that crash in 1999
but the way he finished in the next race when he came back [malaysia] was MADNESS!
It was super. He actually tortured Mika.
Old 9th April 2004, 19:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

about the 'Michael Schumacher wins only because of his car' topic......
why doesn't Barrichello win or come always in the top three?

don't tell me that he is not a good driver. In fact he's one of the best. I remember him in that Stewart Ford a long long time back. You should see those races. He was absolutely SUPER. Another great driver is Jos Verstappen. The way he used to rip that Arrows was neat. He actually used to get 'Top Speed' in the Speed Trap. Did you see Klien in Bahrain?? He actually overtook Coulthard [McLaren vs. Jaguar]. IMAGINE!

Who feels that Michael can outperform a Ferrari in a Renault?? I do. He can do that if someone else is driving that Ferrari.
Old 9th April 2004, 20:33   #23
BHPian

I totally agree with GTO , Dippy and Gordon....this just shows the faith ppl have in Michaels abilities as a driver and as a team person.You may criticise him on various grounds...but the fact is he is there at the top doing what he loves...and he is by far the best at what he does and we are just writing posts in a forum!!(no offence to anyone)

So just enjoy his genius on the track as long as he is still racing
Wonder what will Formula1 be like without Michael racing??!!
Old 10th April 2004, 15:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Alonso may be the next Schumacher
Old 11th April 2004, 01:59   #25
BHPian

Alonso?? Dont really think so...but we'll soon know.But the next big star sure looks like Kimi he is doing pretty well in the Mclaren(not judging the 1st 3 races of this year).Maybe Jenson Button also could a potential championship contender if all goes right with BAR.
Old 12th April 2004, 19:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

All three Alonso, Kimi and Jenson are great drivers but whatever said and done it wont be easy to reach Schumis levels

Cheers
Old 14th April 2004, 20:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

here it is.. from the horse's mouth..

Even Michael Schumacher could not turn the fortunes of F1 minnow Minardi.

The six-times world champion said the pinnacle of motor sport, in the modern era, offers the chance of championships to teams only with the biggest budgets.

'I know [owner and boss] Paul Stoddart,' Michael told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

'I like him very much. But if you don't have certain means, it is impossible.'

Schumacher, 35, was asked whether a black and white racer built in Faenza would scale the heights of his winning Ferrari - if steered by the German superstar.

'Me as the driver,' Michael said, 'is just one single element.

'It can't make up for a whole team any more.'

wraith..
no.1 status has nothign to do with beign called no. 1..
its how the team treats him
he gets preference over EVERYTHING..
( even rubens' car ! )

and before we start praising JB and criticising JV..
what did the JB do last yr ? if he is so good..
why cudnt he get podiums like he is now ?
cmon !
michelin tyres-which suit the car's chasis and Honda's extended commitment is the main reason for this..

i dont think button is in the same class as Kimi or alonso.
and u can only reach schumi levels if ure 6 time WC !
and are we forgetting mark webber in all this ?
i def. think he's better than button..

what MS did to Hill in 95, JV in 98, DC in 2001 etc..
are NOT mistakes..
they'r more like bad sportsmanship and pretty close to cheating

damon hill once said.. ( about MS )
"why do u have to cheat.. ure way to good for that"

think that says it all..

what lots of ppl. forget is that F1 is advertising..
just like diff. typed of media.. tv, print etc.
this ofcourse had worldwide appeal..

Schumi - among the best F1 has ever seen
but that doesnt mean i have to like him.
Old 15th April 2004, 12:54   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]but that doesnt mean i have to like him.
Absolutely Hatari, to each his own.

GTO
Old 18th April 2004, 03:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

yeah.. GTO..
my fav. F1 driver is Jarno Trulli !
(yes.. inspite of the 1-lap driver criticism ! )

Renault now is among the top teams..
and he needs to adjust better.. and get the max. out of the car..
he isnt in an underpowered jordan any more..

and shud aim to win races and not be content with 3rd/4th place !
Old 18th April 2004, 04:31   #30
BANNED

heard jean todt wants to quit after this season. after all isnt he ferraris numero uno?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks