Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2004, 00:03   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]no.1 status has nothign to do with beign called no. 1..
its how the team treats him
he gets preference over EVERYTHING..
Haha....why would any team want to treat Schumacher differently??? He happens to be treated above others cause he is that good
Its something he has earned over the years...its the respect ppl have for his talent...it just doesnt happen overnight.
I dont know what you have againt Schumacher that u try to keep pulling him down??
You dont like him thats your personal choice...i am sure no 1 will force you to be a schumi fan.
Coz whatever u say in this forum aint gonna affect Michael in any way....He is gonna be the King of the Game!!
So lets just sit back and enjoy the magic that is Michael Schumacher!

Lets hope the Renault keep up to their mid-field reputation...coz i think the car isnt really that good yet.
Old 23rd April 2004, 00:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vishnu Todt is contracted to the team till 2006 season end
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:12   #33
BANNED

wait so when was this. anyways as long as ferrari is in their winning form... this is gonna be a one man show till 2006 !
Old 23rd April 2004, 03:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

I too am not a Ferrari fan. I cheer for BAR during every race and hope they do well. But, Schumi is still my fav driver.

I support BAR irrespective of who the drivers are. But , i don't like Schumi bcoz he drives for Ferrari....i like him, for the great driver he is.

F1 is a very sensitive sport, even the slightest temp or track changes can affect the results a great deal. And to dominate such a sport for not 1 but almost 6-7 years, is something out of the ordinary.

Schumi is to F1 what Rossi is to MotoGP. You can put them in any team and they'll make sure they produce productive results.

"They don't call em world champs, for nothin"

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 23rd April 2004, 04:35   #35
BANNED

only if ayrton sennaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa was alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 23rd April 2004, 05:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

like i mentioned before..
i think he's an unfair driver..

think RB and him shud be given an equal chance..
EVERY season..
MS doesnt want that to happen
Old 23rd April 2004, 11:04   #37
BHPian

I am a big Kimi fan...he showed potential the very year(2001) he joined Sauber....i dont know why that year every1 kept raving abt JPM....coz Kimi put up a zillion times better show than the erratic JPM...Kimi is gonna be the next world champion for me
There are so many drivers on the grid with potential....but they havent been able to use it to their advantage...due to many reasons or just due to bad luck.
J Fisichella is another driver i really like to watch.

Besides this what do u mean by give Barrichello and Michael an equal chance....if you could elaborate.
Old 23rd April 2004, 14:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Hatari @ April 23 2004,13:32)]think RB and him shud be given an equal chance..
That's just not possible man. You can't give 2 drivers similar cars.

Each driver has his tastes, some like oversteer, some understeer, some like high downforceand better grip, some like low downforce but higher top speed.

The drivers decide the setup on the cars and not the team. The team is there, only to help..... give the driver what he needs.

As long as both Ferrari's run on the same engine, transmission and chassis, i dont think it's unfair in anyway. The driver can even choose his tyre compound.

Sometimes even the car is tailor made to match the driver, take "Justin Wilson's" case for example.

No sport in the world can offer what you're saying. If we were to implicate this in cricket, then every cricketer should be given the same shoes, pads, helmet and bat.

Regards..
Shan2nu

Old 23rd April 2004, 17:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

frankly I cheer for all driver except David Coulthard, coz I hate him a lot after what he did to Schumi in the 1998 Belgian Grand Prix. [That was one grand prix with a hell lot of incidents, my favorite race] I'm very happy when David retires in any race now.

Barrichello is a great driver. You should've seen him at the 2000 German Grand Prix. What a win?? He was 18th on the grid, fought back and came first. The last ten laps he was on dry tires and it was raining like mad. He had an option go for wet tires or win the race. He won. And his lap timings were super, he didn't slow down, he took the damned risk. Super performance. HE cried like a baby on the podium. His first win after 123 starts.
Old 24th April 2004, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Any predictions for the Imola qualifyinng???
Old 24th April 2004, 14:26   #41
Team-BHP Support

#1. M. S.
#2. Barri
#3. Sato?? - LOL
Old 24th April 2004, 14:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling Schumi will take poll, as he's been the fastest during practice and he even broke the track record by almost a sec.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 24th April 2004, 14:29   #43
BHPian

I am counting on Schumacher to take pole and maybe the BAR's behind him!!
Old 24th April 2004, 20:29   #44
BHPian

Did any1 see the qualifying? If the qualifying is anything to go by the race is gonna be full of fire works Jenson Button gets 11 on 10 for his cool and composed driving...boy did he show his class...that lap of his was so smooth as compared to Michael who looked liked he had to prove something and he nearly proved his point till he fish-tailed the car in the last sector.He was abt 0.2 secs up on Jenson still the second intermidiate but lost it all in the last sector to end up second on the grid but he gets 10 on 10 for commitment and pure entertainment The Williams again had an anti-climax looking so strong in the 1st session only to be beaten in the qualifying proper to end up 3rd n 5th.Both the Williams drivers didnt appear to make any mistakes just seems like their cars are a tad slower than the BAR and Ferrari.Another driver who did well but for the last few corners was Sato he almost got the BAR on the top 2 rows but finally ended up 7th on the grid.Fisichella did very well in the pre-qualifying but dont know why he didnt take to the track in qualifying proper it would have been great to see a Sauber in the top six.
Another suprise was Kimi , he didnt do a proper qualifying run just like he didnt do in Bahrain....God knows whats happening inside the Mclaren team.The rest of the grid is pretty much as expected nothing suprsing there.

Top six are
1) J Button
2) M Schumacher
3) JP Montoya
4) R Barichello
5) R Schumacher
6) F Alonso

Hope the race provides us with similar entertainment if not more!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks