Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 18:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Having a driver who cannot defend properly does not allow you to use blatant team orders does it?
Old 25th July 2010, 19:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Kind of a dicey situation for Ferrari. If Massa was so good then why didn't he defend his bloody position?? i am tired of this cry baby at Ferrari. He is fast but he makes too many mistakes under pressure. Never a fan.Drivers with less of experience hold faster cars behind them with some smart driving - Massa should try that.
I don't know if you are watching same race. Massa did defend his position earlier. It was Alonso who couldn't overtake him, so had to get help from team order. Massa was forced to give up his place to let the real cry baby win. This is the most blatant team order one can get.
Old 25th July 2010, 19:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

ferrari revisits austria 2002 with team orders
Old 25th July 2010, 19:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

What a turn off.

Team orders for to give up a win is a horrible thing. It's not only about the few extra points. It's one win against your name in your career ! Having to swapping 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 places are probably less shattering.
Old 25th July 2010, 19:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

A much needed win for Ferrari and a 1-2 makes it even better. Team orders, well it was blatant but unavoidable. Had Massa not defended so aggressively when Alonso made his move it would have ended well for all.

But he chose to defend his position and Ferrari had no choice but to order Massa to give the position to Alonso. I for one fully back this move. It is highly obvious that this season is going to be very close and every point scored is going to make a difference. The cars are all equally matched and there aren't much overtaking opportunities between the top cars.

So it was a good move from Ferrari to ask Massa let Alonso take his position and with it an additional 7 points. Sorry Massa but you are number 2 in Ferrari this season. Hoping for you to come strong in the next season.

Schumi had a good race with his 'bad' Merc GP. He again got a good start in the race and drove an OK race. I think that was the only possible and best result for him with that ill-performing car.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 25th July 2010 at 19:22.
Old 25th July 2010, 19:27   #36
BHPian

Ferrari are not new to issuing team orders. Though it is ugly from a championship perspective it makes sense or hindsight it will make sense. Some teams say "save fuel or no need to save fuel" some others say "The other one is faster than you". Every team does this at some point in time.

Seb Vettel is coming across as a guy who lacks class, immature and he does not yet deserve to be a champion. I back Webber more than him.
Old 25th July 2010, 19:27   #37
BHPian

"Okay Massa, Alonso is faster than you. please confirm receipt of the message"

Reminded me of 2002 GP, Schumi taking a similar favor. Ferrari ensure that somehow ensure that we have something to talk about after each race. Massa's face said it all on the poduim.

Last edited by sajands : 25th July 2010 at 19:30.
Old 25th July 2010, 19:28   #38
mgh
BHPian

The only good news for Force India was that all the teams getting points were ahead of them, and Williams who were threatening to catch up, also did not get any points
Old 25th July 2010, 19:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

There is no point in having the no team orders rule. FIA should get rid of it.

Why did Vettel go to the dirty side of the track at the start? Bad move that cost him two places.
Old 25th July 2010, 20:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Why did Vettel go to the dirty side of the track at the start? Bad move that cost him two places.
What else he had to do? He went out to block Alonso from passing him but left the gate open for Massa to get a clear run into the first corner.

But he drove a very good race and went for a bit of personal glory at the end with the fastest lap of the race.
Old 25th July 2010, 20:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

I doubt if FIA are going to do anything about the team order.

Vettel tries the squeeze at the start almost all races. Last race he tried on Webber and it didn't work. Same case this time.

EDIT: Ferrari bosses summoned by stewards
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85539

Last edited by SilentEngine : 25th July 2010 at 20:18. Reason: link
Old 25th July 2010, 20:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
What else he had to do? He went out to block Alonso from passing him but left the gate open for Massa to get a clear run into the first corner.
Penny wise pound foolish i say. As to what else he could have done? Maybe stuck to his line and not hand it over to massa? Getting a pole is one thing but winning from pole is different. Vettel has some learning to do there.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari fined and referred to WMSC.
autosport.com - F1 News: Ferrari fined, referred to WMSC

Ferrari would be fuming with Massa for putting them into trouble. Frankly I feel that he could have left the position instead of fighting with Alonso earlier in the race. This is going to be sour for Ferrari and the spirit in the team will not be good if the results are altered.

Anyways how about a 25sec penalty for Alonso? He would still finish in third place
Old 25th July 2010, 22:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Ferrari fined and referred to WMSC.
autosport.com - F1 News: Ferrari fined, referred to WMSC

Ferrari would be fuming with Massa for putting them into trouble. Frankly I feel that he could have left the position instead of fighting with Alonso earlier in the race. This is going to be sour for Ferrari and the spirit in the team will not be good if the results are altered.

Anyways how about a 25sec penalty for Alonso? He would still finish in third place
Ferrari are so screwed. they had the pace and the position. this was totally uncalled for.
Old 25th July 2010, 22:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Why should Ferrari be fuming with Massa.they should be hitting thier heads on the wall for thier own stupidity in making that decision.That cry baby and ferrari should be banned for a couple of races.

I am a ferrari fan but i want to see exciting races.I'm not in there for seeing ferrari win the championship just by making team orders.I want to see racing.thats why i pay for the cable channel and that why i spend those 3 hours on a sunday for.RACING!

Frankly i don't care who wins the race or the championship as long as the race is an exciting one and there are awesome duels amongst the drivers.they really have made F1 too boring.

Even in the days when Schumacher won 90% of the races were more exciting than these races today.Utterly boring and today was a major turn off!

Ferrari should be Banned and that cry baby should be taught a lesson no matter how good a driver he is.

Most Viewed