Team-BHP - Kimi Raikkonen won’t return to Formula One next season
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Kimi Raikkonen won’t return to Formula One next season (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/85798-kimi-raikkonen-won-t-return-formula-one-next-season.html)

I'm sure he is enjoying himself in WRC more than F1.

Quote:

Almost halfway into the 2010 Formula One season, the jostling and tugging among drivers and manufacturers for next year’s grid line-up is already underway. One name that has been mentioned most often in rumors these days belongs to a certain former world champion who isn’t even in the grid this year. That man is Kimi Raikkonen.

After leaving Formula One this year to race at the World Rally Championship, rumors of Raikkonen returning to Formula One has hit fever pitch, with the 2007 World Champion having been linked to a number of teams including Red Bull Racing, Mercedes GP, and even Renault.

But if the latest hearsay is to be believed, fans of Raikkonen clamoring for his return to Formula One may have to wait a little while longer as there’s a strong indication that the Finn may stick to the WRC next season.

Of course, nothing is crystal clear on this end, especially given that Raikkonen’s team at the WRC is sponsored by Red Bull, which, last we checked, has a pretty fast car in Formula One this year. But judging from how the chips are looking these days, we’re not holding our breath on Raikkonen returning to open-wheel racing until, at the very least, 2012.
source : topspeed.com

So, another year to wait and look forward to the Iceman's return! *sigh*

What is the big deal anyway, Kimi is pretty much a mere Formula 1 counterpart of Nicky Hayden.

manson.

Unfortunate in my view, amidst the politicking that is F1 nowadays. Sometimes, maybe sometimes, you need a little bit of luck when you have to contend with patriotic banks and patriotic racing teams. And of course in today's world you have to be an effective showman first and then a skilled athlete to get the limelight, the eyeballs and the opportunity.

What would have a Fangio, a GR Vishwanath, a Jim Clark, a Gaetano Scirea or a VVS Laxman done if they were to begin their career today? Contracted a few cheerleaders to help them - perhaps?

Sigh.

Why worry about Kimi when we may have Villeneuve Racing for 2010, with sponsorship from a Libyan Dictator's son and 2 disgraced hero's to run the team. Oh and how can we forget Villeneuve himself driving!!

Back to the topic, it would actually be nice to see Kimi race in F1 again.

This is one of those will he, won't he type things that drag on endlessly.

Let him come out with a clear precise statement. Until then, this is empty speculation with tons of reports and counter reports.

He is likely to make some decision sometime next month. Let's wait for it.

There are quite a few in the paddock who rate him highly, so it will not be difficult for him to find a team (Renault, Mercedes, RedBull etc). But is he interested in coming back?

Kimi wasn't that exciting in his last few years in F1 anyway. Kimi's best years were between 2003-2005. After that, he wasn't the same. He probably lost motivation after winning the WDC in 2007 thanks to a Mclaren screw up. I think he is better off in WRC, where he seems to be enjoying himself. Maybe he can fight for the championship there in a few years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1990679)
This is one of those will he, won't he type things that drag on endlessly.

Let him come out with a clear precise statement. Until then, this is empty speculation with tons of reports and counter reports.

Absolutey agree. Until an official statement there is simply no point of this thread itself. No offence meant but the title is misleading because it is in form of a definite statement whereas the quoted article is full of ifs and buts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesc (Post 1991036)
Absolutey agree. Until an official statement there is simply no point of this thread itself. No offence meant but the title is misleading because it is in form of a definite statement whereas the quoted article is full of ifs and buts.

BTW where is Juan Pablo Montoya. I loved his driving style. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1991515)

Like Kimi, Juan Pablo Montoya is trying his luck in NASCAR, so far is not getting any luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajands (Post 1991656)
Like Kimi, Juan Pablo Montoya is trying his luck in NASCAR, so far is not getting any luck.

If you meant both Kimi and JPM are competing in NASCAR then thats not the case. Kimi is in WRC. Regarding JPM and NASCAR - poor fellow has had no luck at all. Infact he has been unlucky on a couple of occasions while being in promising positions. His engine failed on one occasion and on another, none other than his teammate himself edged his car leading to him crashing out. Certainly deserves better than that. Like F1, NASCAR is also fiercly competetive - plus its grid size is more than twice of F1. So its definitely not a gimme for a former F1 driver even of the caliber of JPM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1991515)

Absolutely. At one point in time, Kimi and Montoya were the only ones who made watching F1 fun.

While we are it - check the official F1 site and go through the Lap records on all the 18-20 tracks. Between Kimi and Montoya, they hold the maximum number of lap records.

speculation, yes; but it seems very unlikely that he will return into formula 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode (Post 1991935)
speculation, yes; but it seems very unlikely that he will return into formula 1

Same was the case with the legendary Michael Schumacher, but we saw him return to F1 after a gap of 3 yrs:eek:

I dont think we can rule it out, Personally i would love Kimi & JPM back in F1.

Atleast with them Force India might get to the Podium very often,:D

BTW, where is Ralf Schumacher.?