Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

He's apologized on the German section of his site. The English portion of his site hasn't been updated.

Why would you be disappointed that he apologized? I think it shows that he has the courage to admit to his mistakes. I'm not a fan but I certainly respect someone who can own up like that.
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:56   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
He's apologized on the German section of his site. The English portion of his site hasn't been updated.

Why would you be disappointed that he apologized? I think it shows that he has the courage to admit to his mistakes. I'm not a fan but I certainly respect someone who can own up like that.
My bad.I didnt check the German site.I still feel he doesnt have to for this incident
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:58   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
My bad.I didnt check the German site.I still feel he doesnt have to for this incident
Yes he does not have to.

That shows his humble side

Anyways, waiting for F1 2011. Hope he gets a good car.

Go Schumi Go.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Great gesture from Schumi! Now just get back to racing just like you were before you retired.

MercGP better start building their 2011 car since this year's one isn't going to take them any further. Renault have already beaten them, Williams are slightly better on pace and there is nothing to be won this year.

Start with the 2011 car and give the drivers some hope of racing for victory!
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:54   #80
BHPian

Schumi has got away with dirtier tactics earlier, but this F1 era belongs to the Hamiltons' and Alonsos' and the vettels'. Schumi paid and he deserved .
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:38   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Schumi has got away with dirtier tactics earlier, but this F1 era belongs to the Hamiltons' and Alonsos' and the vettels'. Schumi paid and he deserved .
Not every driver in F1 agrees and apologizes. we should laud him for his modesty.

He's been there, done that. He's back into F1 only for the love of sport, not to endanger anyone's life. And some OLD, good for nothing nincompoop out there, gives one of the most atrocious penalties that can never be heard of.

Schumi is getting back his driving style, good for us and with a good car, he'll surely excel sometime soon.

Lets not make all F1 threads a Michael Schumacher bashing thread, just because he's the greatest F1 driver of all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1.com View Post
Schumacher: I crossed the line with Barrichello move

Michael Schumacher has admitted that his blocking of Rubens Barrichello in Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix was “too hard”. Schumacher almost edged Barrichello into the pit wall as he tried in vain to stop his former team mate passing him for P10 late in the race.

In post-race interviews the Mercedes driver suggested his tactics had been harsh but fair. However, having received a 10-place grid penalty for the next round from the Budapest stewards - and having had a day to reflect - Schumacher has now conceded that he overstepped the mark.

“Yesterday right after the race I was still in the heat of the moment, but after I watched the scene with Rubens again, I must say that the stewards were right in their assessment - the manoeuvre against him was too hard,” he told his official website.

“Of course I wanted to make it difficult for him to overtake and I showed him clearly that I didn’t want to let him down the inside, but I wasn’t trying to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he felt that way, then sorry, that was not my intention.”

Schumacher eventually finished just out of the points in 11th place, almost 20 seconds behind his former team mate.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 3rd August 2010 at 10:40.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

Michael apologise, for what?

Poor old British press still havent recovered from the Michael magic and having a go at him.

It was RB who took his car off the track to overtake Michael and not the other way around.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:18   #83
BHPian

Schumi is getting into his old groove and i am liking it. by the way had someone put a knife on barrichelo's head to stay at ferrari for so long as no.2? was he not earning money? nobody forces you to stay as no.2 and still this cry baby no.1 is wailing.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Yes he does not have to.

That shows his humble side

Anyways, waiting for F1 2011. Hope he gets a good car.

Go Schumi Go.
+1 Mee too.
I am sure he will bounce back after designing his new car for 2011; I am sure Ross knows that fully well as well.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_madhan View Post
^^Nicely said PAVAN. These guys do not have the guts to face the lion when it was younger and now they are trying to intimidate him because the lion is getting older. But one factor will not change, a lion is a lion be it younger or older. :-)
Gentlemen..
It is time the younger lions in the pack emerge.. and they have been with alonso winning in 05 & 06

The earlier hay days with unlimited tobacco money are long gone.
Much more parity now, with a more even playing field
Have to use your resources intelligently now.

Take Brawn for instance, they gave up on 2008 to develop their 09 car which got them a championship and without that extra long lead time this year, look where they are!
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:18   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Poor old British press still havent recovered from the Michael magic and having a go at him.
Huh??? I thought MS himself apologized on his own website - or is that also run by the British press?

Keep it objective guys, the dividing line between reality & fantasy is very thin.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

^^ I missed to see the word apology or sorry in Michael's own column. All he said that his move was too hard on Barrichello! Does it mean apology in any sense or did I miss something here?!
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Does it mean apology in any sense or did I miss something here?!
Depends on what you would interpret as being an apology I suppose. I haven't visited MS's German website but here is what I read in Post 81 -

However, having received a 10-place grid penalty for the next round from the Budapest stewards - and having had a day to reflect - Schumacher has now conceded that he overstepped the mark.

“Yesterday right after the race I was still in the heat of the moment, but after I watched the scene with Rubens again, I must say that the stewards were right in their assessment - the manoeuvre against him was too hard,” he told his official website.

“Of course I wanted to make it difficult for him to overtake and I showed him clearly that I didn’t want to let him down the inside, but I wasn’t trying to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he felt that way, then sorry, that was not my intention.”

Sounds like an apology to me although, technically, you could be correct since he has not stated it as "I apologize"........
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:03   #89
BHPian

@Suman : the words 'If he felt that way' speak a lot.

Even if it is an apology, it dosen't change anything for MS the legend. All we have today are a bunch of whinning drivers running to the FIA after each race.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
@Suman : the words 'If he felt that way' speak a lot.

Even if it is an apology, it dosen't change anything for MS the legend. All we have today are a bunch of whinning drivers running to the FIA after each race.
Hey, its not just about "if he felt that way", read the rest of the comments as well. Even acknowledging that the manoeuver was "too hard" is in itself an apology IMHO.

And there's nothing wrong with apologizing or acknowledging, it doesn't make him any less of a man. Rather, it makes him look like a human being, not a mindless machine........

Btw, the FIA were investigating the episode even before the race ended, it had nothing to do with anyone whining. I understand that you are an MS fan but there's no need to go overboard about the rest of the decent F1 drivers methinks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks