Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2004, 03:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

i hope u guys saw that ! cmon !

MONTOYA :
"He said he didn't see me, he didn't know I was there. He probably forgot to look. I got in front of him before Tosa. He didn't see me? He must be blind or stupid."

i cudnt agree more..
and..
with him being ambassador to san marino.. they dont want to penalise him..
Old 26th April 2004, 03:15   #2
BHPian

lol montoya dint spare his team mate ralph who was gardening all over .. but whatever it was fun
Old 26th April 2004, 04:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

What Schumi did to Montoya was absolutely wrong. I can understand they're racing at very high speeds but these are professionals and Schumi being such an experienced driver should have known what to do.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 26th April 2004, 09:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

In my opinion, Michael Schumacher only defended his position by keeping to the racing line and Montoya was not aggressive enough. If the roles were reversed, and Michael thought he could pull such a move off, he would have stuck to the track and forced Montoya to move to the inner portion of the track. I don't really like Juan Pablo Montoya and am no big fan of Michael Schumacher either, but, I can safely say that the latter is the best driver around and lesser at fault.
It was fun to see Barrichello first being sandwiched and later beaten by the two Renaults.

Old 26th April 2004, 10:26   #5
BHPian

I think JPM is more to fault then Michael...Michael was on the racing line and u dont expect to overtake from outside in F1.I think JPM was being a bit ambitious trying to go around the outside(Alonso showed exactly how it is to be done!).What Michael did was just muscle his way by i dont think thats wrong just racing(I dont remeber which GP but JPM did put Kimi off-track last year when they were fighting it out)
Hope JPM learns a lesson not to try and overtake a car around the outside esp a Ferrari!
And the whining is absolutely childish!!!
Old 26th April 2004, 10:32   #6
BHPian

Q: (Tony Dodgins – Tony Dodgins and Associates): At Tosa though, are you not trying to be a bit optimistic to drive around the outside?
JPM: I’ve done it before and it has got quite a lot of grip. I managed to get above my position there and when I was driving out of the corner he just pushed me wide. I’ve done it before at the Nurburgring passing him on the outside. You know he had very little grip on the first few corners. I understand he has got to defend his position, but how far do you go to defend your position that’s the question. Or how far are you allowed to do so.
Old 26th April 2004, 12:17   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well,

What Schumacher did to Montoya makes for almost the same move that Montoya carried out immediately on Ralf. He admitted it himself.

GTO
Old 26th April 2004, 12:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

The move we saw yesterday in the race is nothing new. Schumi was just defending is line and I'm not saying this because I an a Schumacher fan . I can also say that Montoya got a taste of his own medicine. Pushing someone off track isnt something new for Montoya. He did it to Ralf in frustration yesterday as well. And I can also remember the aggressive way in which he pushed Michael off track in Austria in 2001. So he really doesnt need to make a big issue bout it. This is racing.... and winning is everything . Like it was for the great Ayrton Senna..

Cheers
Old 26th April 2004, 12:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ April 26 2004,10:58)]This is racing.... and winning is everything . Like it was for the great Ayrton Senna..
absolutely agree with u
Old 28th April 2004, 03:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

i think a few of u guys werent watching the 1st couple of laps too closely..
( esp. around the turns where he n montoya were fighting.. )
MS's ferrari was lacking grip.. thats why button was able to get away in the beginning..
( MS did say this in the post race interview )

to attempt to pass michael then was understandable surely !

Old 28th April 2004, 19:49   #11
BHPian

It wasnt the first couple of laps...it was just the first lap(just till Tosa) that Michael was kinda struggling...he was fully justified in defending his position esp when he had the inside line and once he pulled away JPM never saw him till the chequered flag :d JPM might have had thoughts abt overtaking Michael but overtaking round the outside is stupid and ambitious(just like JPM:angry: ).So it was more of JPM's fault and he cried and whined abt it in the post-race press conference....wat a looser!!!

Old 29th April 2004, 00:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

I WILL NEVER ACCEPT WHAT SCHUMACHER DID TO MONTOYA......my advice for both of them:

To Schumacher: "Next time see you break something off Montoya's car, or better throw him on some wall"

To Montoya: "Don't ever try overtaking Mr Schumacher"
Old 29th April 2004, 09:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]To Schumacher: "Next time see you break something off Montoya's car, or better throw him on some wall"
Really didnt get u there.

Old 29th April 2004, 11:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

To Schumacher: "Next time JUST see TO IT THAT you break something off Montoya's car, or better throw him on some wall"
Old 29th April 2004, 13:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

how can overtaking a SLOWER car on the outside be stupid ?
had michael wud have been on his blistering race pace for the 1st couple of laps..
montoya wudnt have got anywhere near him !

and i wudnt call what montoya did, whining..
he left MS speachless..
haha !

he has some of ralf's blood in him.. and we all know what ralf's been upto !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks