Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2004, 12:58   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, I hope things go well and Williams pick Villeneuve. Get ready for some fireworks in 2005!

Jacques Villeneuve will test a BMW Williams this week. The 1997 world champion has been spotted at France's Le Castellet circuit in Paul Ricard where the Grove-based team is setting up shop for a three-day test.

Williams is likely to have two race vacancies for 2005.

In Barcelona, Technical Director Patrick Head confirmed team 'discussions' with Villeneuve, who moved to Formula One from CART in 1996 with the top-line team.

Some reports had the French-Canadian at the Oxfordshire factory last week.

Sir Frank Williams, meanwhile, refused to budge on the driver topic. "I usually just make a mess of it when I make a comment," he told reporters.

Sourced from F1-Live
Old 12th May 2004, 13:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

Aaaaaand....as soon as someone say that, there's another who says the opposite! lol

sourse ITV-F1

Jacques Villeneuve will not test for Williams this week, the team have confirmed.

It was reported in the British press that Villeneuve had visited Paul Ricard on Monday and that he would test the FW26 later in the week.

But Williams have denied that the 1997 World Championship has had a seat-fitting and claim he will not be testing at the French circuit this week.

A spokesman for the team though said an announcement on the outfit's 2005 driver line-up could come as soon as August.

He told Reuters: "To deny circulating rumours, he [Villeneuve] is not being seat fitted at the track for us this week or indeed testing for us in France.

Old 12th May 2004, 21:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

I just hope Villeneuve makes it back to F1!!!
He' definately one of the best drivers F1 has ever seen..

I hope Mika Hakkinen also returns to F1(maybe Williams!!).Then there will be some serious action to watch in F1.
Old 12th May 2004, 22:32   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ah, just what I was thinking. Imagine what F1 2005 could be with:

1. Schumy in the Ferrari
2. Kimi and Montoya in the Macs
3. Hakkinen partnering Jacques in BMW powered steeds.
4. Renaults upping their game even more.
5. BAR continuing their progress and proving enough to beat the top 3.

GTO
Old 13th May 2004, 00:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 12 2004,21:02)]Ah, just what I was thinking. Imagine what F1 2005 could be with:

1. Schumy in the Ferrari
2. Kimi and Montoya in the Macs
3. Hakkinen partnering Jacques in BMW powered steeds.
4. Renaults upping their game even more.
5. BAR continuing their progress and proving enough to beat the top 3.

GTO
TV-ORgasms
Old 13th May 2004, 01:06   #6
BHPian

whatever happened to mclaren-mercedes? they looked so promising last year and were real contenders for the title. all that has changed in a season. kimi's a real talent....much more than alonso i believe. renault's looking strong this time around, and even honda's improved a lot.

cud sm1 tell me why teams like sauber and minardi continue in F1 even when they lack funds and use outdated engines??
Old 13th May 2004, 03:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manticore @ May 12 2004,23:36)]cud sm1 tell me why teams like sauber and minardi continue in F1 even when they lack funds and use outdated engines??
there was a time when Ferrari suffered.. infact renault where no where .. look at BAR .. yup its taking them time.. i guess its the FIA reg's to fill the grid positions but most importantly inspite of being the underdogs they still fight.. and serve as gr8 avenues for rookies Kimi is the best example..
Old 13th May 2004, 23:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manticore @ May 12 2004,23:36)]cud sm1 tell me why teams like sauber and minardi continue in F1 even when they lack funds and use outdated engines??
Hey look on the brighter side, Minardi and Sauber where the teams which provided F1 with two great talents-Alonso & Kimi respectively. Besides, Sauber isn't doing all that bad, ofcourse, they use a Ferrari in blue, but thats good for racing.

Minardi are consistent!!!
They are just down on cash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks