Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 14:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Senna: The Movie

I saw the movie and it ROCKS'. Prost is the ultimate wussy, which a lot of people will agree after watching the movie. Seriously, the way this guy was discriminated by the officials is totally unfair but the guy really proved his mettle buy letting his driving alone do the talking. U THE MAN, MAN! I wish i could see all his races one by one.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:22   #17
BHPian

Senna is a true blue racing driver. He is a class apart from the rest and by far the most aggressive driver I have ever seen. He is a legend and will be remembered for his racing skills. He was pure pleasure to watch and I wish sometime, FIA will come out with a Blu-Ray or DVD collection of all his races.
Old 12th April 2011, 17:26   #18
BHPian

Guys..is this released in DVD or should it be downloaded?
Old 13th April 2011, 13:15   #19
BHPian

saw the movie,an absolute treat with HD footage from archives.2hr 40 min long but you cant get enough.wish some more footage of exciting races were added.but interspersed interviews of journalists,prost,ron dennis tend to get a bit staid.A few times the potrayal tends to border on saintly.overall makes you realise why senna was the best.current crop of drivers dont even measure upto these guys in 80s.
inspired me to download few other docus like "a star named senna" , "senna the right to win", NGC seconds from disaster-death of senna"
Old 16th April 2011, 16:51   #20
BHPian

Guys, has the DVD released? I am looking to buy one
Old 16th April 2011, 22:22   #21
BHPian

I watched this movie last night and I almost cried. I've seen the many videos of Senna and the crash in which he died but watching it in this movie/documentary was some thing else!
The way this movie evolves is so awesome, starting with Senna's entry into F1, some amazing drives, fights with Prost, politics in F1, his personal life, the respect and love people had for him and finally his passion and belief in God just blew me away. I watched the whole thing again this morning and believe me, it just leaves you with a lump in your throat, a feeling that is not very easy to express. Epic stuff!!!

And after all this I watched Chinese F1 qualifying and I wasn't even half as excited as I would've otherwise been. The whole thing seems so lame!!

Love you Senna! RIP!
Old 26th April 2011, 22:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
I watched this movie last night and I almost cried. I've seen the many videos of Senna and the crash in which he died but watching it in this movie/documentary was some thing else!
The way this movie evolves is so awesome, starting with Senna's entry into F1, some amazing drives, fights with Prost, politics in F1, his personal life, the respect and love people had for him and finally his passion and belief in God just blew me away. I watched the whole thing again this morning and believe me, it just leaves you with a lump in your throat, a feeling that is not very easy to express. Epic stuff!!!

And after all this I watched Chinese F1 qualifying and I wasn't even half as excited as I would've otherwise been. The whole thing seems so lame!!

Love you Senna! RIP!

Yeah..did the exact same thing. Seen it over and over again, the fatal crash part was too sad. I still feel there is foul play with his accident after hearing of the damaged black box, the broken steering rod and the camera that goes off correctly before the crash. Anyway, that's a different topic!
Old 12th May 2011, 22:50   #23
BHPian

If someone has seen Right To Win, then i guess there will not be anything more to see in the movie.

I have seen it many times when feeling down.

Will see the movie anyway.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:13   #24
BHPian

there is an ongoing behind the scene story series written by keith collantine in 12 parts on F1fanatic site.its based on excerpts of his interview with manish pandey.check out The Making of Senna part 1: Life and death | Interview
Old 1st June 2011, 22:21   #25
BHPian

Guys where did you get the movie. I am looking all over the net but most are Portuguese with english sub titles. Anyone know where to get an english version. Please PM me the link.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:44   #26
BHPian

Saw the movie last Sunday just before the start of Monaco GP and loved every bit of it, especially the championship decider races where Prost and Senna collide! Tit for Tat huh!? Undoubtedly THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN. The cockpit view shots were amazing and felt as if you are driving the car!

Great way to pay tribute to such a Great Driver! I had never known so much about him until I saw the movie. I am now a fan of his.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:31   #27
BHPian

I am yet to watch this movie. Senna is my favorite F1 Driver. There was an Article on Senna in Reader' Digest, May 1999 edition. I stumbled across it when was browsing through old magazines in a second hand book shop. It was written by his friend. It’s a nice one describing another facet of this legend. Unfortunately my mom threw the books away when she decided to cleanup my room.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
There was an Article on Senna in Reader' Digest, May 1999 edition. I stumbled across it when was browsing through old magazines in a second hand book shop. It was written by his friend. It’s a nice one describing another facet of this legend. Unfortunately my mom threw the books away when she decided to cleanup my room.
Oh man, my mom too had once thrown such legendary stuff. I am with you man.

Last edited by bikxsans660 : 2nd June 2011 at 18:55.
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:32   #29
BHPian

Found the movie on an online stream . Great Doc , however i find it a little overtly dramatic at some places , also it would be great if we could have one of our Goan members translate the parts that are in Portuguese which is a good 40% of the movie.

I think it gives us great insights into the internal forces and politics that torment ever organization and make and break careers. Another thing that it made me think was of our battle with technology. Senna would still be alive today if his car was allowed to use the Traction Control system it had used with great success the previous season. Was the battle with technology in F1 to see better driving worth the death loss of Senna ? Should we fight technology or embrace it whole heartedly ? I am of the opinion that if technology makes life safer and better we should adopt it.

I was also most surprised to see the Indian names of the writer and director when the credits roled in. UK born indian maybe but still feel like saying Jai Hind !

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 2nd June 2011 at 20:38.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Mate, this movie is indeed made by a Indian(Mr. Manish Pandey). He is a singaporian, and lived for quite a long time in Japan if I am correct. But I watched the movie, and as some one pointed out, if the portugese/spanish can be translated, I am sure we would be able to enjoy the movie even more. I just felt really heavy at heart at the end. One can read the reviews where the director himself says about every single part and where it is over dramatised and where they cut short to make the movie a short documentary.
anyways the legend be remembered. He was a true ambassador of his nation and for the sport.

Most Viewed