Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 07:34   #61
mgh
BHPian

Williams are now just four points behind Force India, and Sutil is one point ahead of Michael Schumacher.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Nice race! Amazing Ferrari taking the fight to the Red Bulls..
Vettel will be thinking again and again on losing 2 tenths in the middle sector on his last Q3 run, costing him him P1.. the race was really won in qualifying

McLaren race pace a worry though.. they were more than 1 sec off a lap
Lewis should have given Webber more room.. pity
MS as usual continuing in his 'bumping cars' mode
Old 27th September 2010, 12:00   #63
BHPian

Its a pretty nice race & I am very much happy to see Fernando Alonso & Ferrari winning the race.
Its good that Force India is now 4 points ahead of Williams F1 team & also good to see that Adrian Sutil is just ahead of Schumi in points table.
Why Schumi is still unable to get the proper hands on Mercedes Petronas F1 car as he has continued his BUMPY RIDE ??
Its really a pleasure to see Hamilton getting agressive as Schumi in his young days.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:05   #64
BHPian

Does anybody teach hamilton that to win races one has to finish races, just being aggresiive doesn't serve any purpose.3 DNF out of 4. Way to go hamilton.

Last edited by dkhatau : 27th September 2010 at 12:10.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Does anybody teach hamilton that to win races one has to finish races, just being aggresiive doesn't serve any purpose.3 DNF out of 4. Way to go hamilton.
To be fair on him, I thought Webber was more to blame for this incident than Lewis. He was already more than half a car ahead of Webber when they touched.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

I agree, Webber was definitely the villian of the piece. Hamilton was clearly ahead when Webber tapped him.

And MS then got inspired & took Hiedfeld out pretty much the same way
Old 27th September 2010, 13:38   #67
BHPian

I am not sure how the Webber is to blame for the Lewis incident. I felt Webber has the racing line all along.

I was thrilled to see Alonso take the first place, the feel this season is moving towards a great finish

cheers
Old 27th September 2010, 13:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I agree, Webber was definitely the villian of the piece. Hamilton was clearly ahead when Webber tapped him.

And MS then got inspired & took Hiedfeld out pretty much the same way
It was a 50-50 situation. Hamilton tried a risky move and paid the price for it. I think Hamilton closed the door little too early. In the same corner Kubica overtook someone (Sutil or Hulk) cleanly.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:03   #69
BHPian

I am not even blaming webber or hamilton just generally saying that 3DNF out of 4 in the last segment of championship will not make him WDC. So he himself has to draw a line on the aggression for him to win the title. Like vettel said it was not worth risking having a go at alonso,contended with second place and a bunch of points to be able to be in the run for the title.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:28   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
In the same corner Kubica overtook someone (Sutil or Hulk) cleanly.
Even Kubica's move was very very close - difference being, the guy being overtaken wasn't aggressive (like Webber was). Webber just poked Hamilton out.

Last edited by suman : 27th September 2010 at 14:29.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Even Kubica's move was very very close - difference being, the guy being overtaken wasn't aggressive (like Webber was). Webber just poked Hamilton out.
Probably, thats why i say it was 50-50. Webber is always aggressive, as he has shown a lot of times (including the tangle with his team mate). So expecting Webber to back off in the middle of a corner is a little overambitious stuff from Hamilton.
Having said that, Webber was definitely lucky not to lose his wing and finish in P7-P8.
From Hamilton's point of view, he has committed same mistake twice in a row and got 0 points as a result. If he was a little more careful, he would be on par with Webber in points.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

What a race it was. Met our own Race Marshell as well! Detailed report & Pics coming up after oct 4th when I reach bangy back.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

Alonso's victory and Hamilton's DNF has left the championship wide open. Expect all 3 top teams to go flat out on the development front till the last race. In the end, driver experience, race craft and a bit of luck will prove vital. In this regard, Hamilton & Alonso hold a slight edge over their Redbull rivals.
Old 27th September 2010, 19:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Dominicalli has said that no more upgrades from Ferrari as they are shifting focus to 2011, and its up to the drivers from now on
Old 27th September 2010, 20:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

Alonso's put himself firmly back in the race and how!! His joy was all to see, the way he jumped up on the podium. What a beauty of a race!!

Alonso has now developed this habit of starting and then rushing over to give the squeeze on the second placed driver. Or is he doing it to get a better line through the curve?

HAM - as in HAMfisted, HAMhanded - and HAMilton. Sometimes you've gotta give it time and it is time Hamilton learnt the tactic of waiting for his chance. This is once too often.

The race might have been a bit more exciting perhaps if Vettel had not fumbled the start while leaving the pits. But hats off to this future champion.

A pity on Adrian Sutil's penalty. Force India really needed that boost. I think it is great that they have come so far. I would really like to see them fight for the top three podium places.

Also got a chance to listen to Karun Chandok's commentary. He shied clear of making a call on the steward's decision but then went off and proceeded to comment that Michael seemed off in the drivers meeting on Friday. Nice diplomatic chap.

Rumors of all is not well in the Merc camp. Norbert Haug, Ross and Michael at odds. Formula 1 would be poorer if people like Ross are not there especially after the work he did at Brawn GP last year!!

Looks like a roller coaster ride to the end of the season.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks