Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 16:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Here's the regulations.

b) If more than one driver fails to set a time...

d) Any driver who incurs a penalty under Article 28.4(a)...

If more than one driver falls into a single category in b) or d) above they will be arranged on the grid in numerical order.
Well, i think that rule makes sense when some drivers failed to set a time because of car trouble, accident etc. But it doesn't make sense when ALL the drivers fail to set the time because of cancelled qualifying session.

So i am not sure if that rule applies in this case. However, lets say the qualifying session started, and midway they stop it. In that case this rule will be applied, since there was an opportunity for everybody to set a time.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 9th October 2010 at 16:51.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Well, i think that rule makes sense when some drivers failed to set a time because of car trouble, accident etc. But it doesn't make sense when ALL the drivers fail to set the time because of cancelled qualifying session.

So i am not sure if that rule applies in this case. However, let say the qualifying session started, and midway they stop it. In that case this rule will be applied, since there was an opportunity for everybody to set a time.
As far as I know, it applies in all cases since there is no other provision written into the rulebook. Martin Whitmarsh also mentioned this when he was interviewed so I think this is the rule. Whether its fair/sensible or not is another discussion, but there is no ambiguity on the matter. And there's absolutely no mention of starting a race based on championship points.

In any case, the forecast indicates that we're in for a proper qualifying tomorrow. Let's see how that goes
Old 9th October 2010, 17:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
As far as I know, it applies in all cases since there is no other provision written into the rulebook. Martin Whitmarsh also mentioned this when he was interviewed so I think this is the rule. Whether its fair/sensible or not is another discussion, but there is no ambiguity on the matter. And there's absolutely no mention of starting a race based on championship points.

In any case, the forecast indicates that we're in for a proper qualifying tomorrow. Let's see how that goes
Yeah, i just checked the rules. May be there was never a case for that so far. Tomorrow will be an early day for us then.
Old 9th October 2010, 19:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Another nice one! I love these cartoons
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Suzuka - Japanese Grand Prix-clasificacionjapon.jpg  

Old 10th October 2010, 05:26   #20
BHPian

Its an early day alright, but in the excitement, i'm up a wee bit too early for a sunday morning.
hope the qualifying is worth the early wake up ! A hot cuppa chai for now, & alonso taking pole will be a good start to the day !
Like always, i trust Hamilton to yet again provide some enthusiastic off track entertainment.
To watch out for the rampaging Red Bulls , they're fighting the downpore with fire !
If its raining, the maestro Schumi could well show the boys a trick or two.
The strategists on pitwall will be working overtime.
Old 10th October 2010, 07:37   #21
BHPian

Seb V on pole, Webber second and Kubica third after penalty demoted Hamiton to 8th.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:42   #22
BANNED

6 cars OUT, even before the 1st lap was half way through.

What a start to the race.

Kubica was 2nd when the safety car came in.

Why and how is he OUT.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 10th October 2010 at 11:45.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Vettel wins! Vettel and alonso now neck and neck in the title fight.
Nice driving by Kobayashi,sad to see both the Force India's retiring.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

One of the most intriguing races of the season.
Good drive by both the red bulls and by all the title contenders.
Tough luck again for Hamilton.
If there is an award for the star of the race, then it must go to Kobayashi. Brilliant drive and the overtaking moves by him are some of the finest ones of the season. Even with the side pod damage he was unstoppable. Moving from 14th place on the grid to 7th is a great result for him.

Hope that Korean grand prix is on as it will setup a great weekend of racing in one of the best F1 season in a long time.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:19   #25
BHPian

Brilliant race! Red Bull were on fire today!
The best bit was Kobayashi's race though.
And did anyone noticed Alonso's reply when Webber asked him why he's wearing a black armband? He didn't know why!
Old 10th October 2010, 13:24   #26
BANNED

Wow, wow..

A nice race with only half of the cars on the grid finishing.

Michael Schumacher looks like he's already ready for 2011 And thats a great news for most of us.

2 things that i did not see.

1) Kubica - What happened to him, from 2nd to DNF

2) Roseberg - Wilted under Schumi's pressure or ....?

Red-Bulls were amazing.

Mclarens drove a clean race, nothing to their advantage

Ferrari, well Alonso was as good as his 3rd, good for him.

Sadly, our Force India cars have started showing age, does'nt look like they have progressed into the season.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

I found the race boring, except for Kobayashi. I lost count of the cars he overtook. Great drive from him.
Sad to see Kubica out so early, he could have posed some challenge to the front runners.

Massa's move on lap 1 was a bit amateurish, spoiled the race for Liuzzi.

With only 3 races left (may be even 2), Webber is now looking pretty strong in the standings. Unless he has a bad race or DNF, it will be hard for others to catch him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
1) Kubica - What happened to him, from 2nd to DNF
He was shown driving with right rear wheel missing while behind safety car. We don't know the reason as there were no replays of that.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 10th October 2010 at 13:48.
Old 10th October 2010, 14:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Red-Bulls finally made good use of their speed advantage and got a well deserved 1-2. Alonso drove a solid race to take 3rd ahead of the chasing McLarens.
It is a tight finish to the title race and Ferrari must update their car to stay in pace.

Schumi showed us what he can do when he has a car which can least do what he says. He was harrying Rosberg all the way and if he had taken Rosberg quicker he might have had Hamilton too given the latter's problems with 3rd gear.

Kobayashi was driving bumper cars although he did make a few good overtakes.

Korea is a bit unknown for all the teams and if Ferrari have a slight advantage then Alonso will be game for the win.
Old 10th October 2010, 15:05   #29
BHPian

Kamui Kobayashi ! What a drive from him . This is what F1 drivers should be doing day in , day out . Attack and overtake .

Ferrari's pace seems to be almost on level with RBR , with RBR very slightly ahead .

Vettel needs to do more of this to win the championship.Hamilton was really unlucky , but a finish at last for him !

I think it is very difficult for Button to win the WDC now . Its narrowed down to the top 4 now .

I loved Nico Rosbergs quote "I need a RedBull.. the car, not the drink".

Last edited by KRf1 : 10th October 2010 at 15:09.
Old 10th October 2010, 18:52   #30
mgh
BHPian

Red Bulls look set for constructor's championship, barring DNFs.
Barring a major turnaround for McLaren, the driver's championship seems to be a three horse race.

BMW Sauber are coming on strong behind Williams and Force India. They have made the right moves this season by luring James Key away from Force India, and bringing in Nick Heidfeld late in the season.They may not overtake Force India this year as too few races are left.

Force India are clearly in a free fall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks