Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2004, 00:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Know what, i kind of agree with u on the fact that Montoya shud leave McLaren..coz Kimi is an controlled-aggression type of driver and Montoya is just an aggressive driver. I don't think either of'em wud wanna be #2 in the team.
They may try to take out each other(remember Senna-Prost and Ralf-Montoya battles), which is not very healthy for the team. Look at ferrari they have a lead driver and a #2 driver who doesn't mind being #2. At present in Mclaren David is quite happy being second fiddle to kimi.

I feel someone like Klien or a Hiedfeld wud be better.

As of now, i just hope montoya and Kimi make me eat my words by getting along well!!!
Old 25th May 2004, 02:07   #17
BHPian

I would like to see Schumacher do what Valentino Rossi has done. Does'nt he need a challenge? Schumi and Ferrari together makes everyone look stationary even when they are not falling apart.
Wouldnt expect schumacher to jump into a minardi or a jaguar. But i think he should say, 'lets c what i can do in a second best team like renault or a bmw'. His fees are a totally different matter altogether. F1 sucks when it comes to money. Some have too much of it, others have to look to bernie mid season for additional dole.
Old 25th May 2004, 10:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (need4speed @ May 25 2004,00:37)]I would like to see Schumacher do what Valentino Rossi has done. Does'nt he need a challenge? Schumi and Ferrari together makes everyone look stationary even when they are not falling apart.
Wouldnt expect schumacher to jump into a minardi or a jaguar.
Took the words right out of my mouth...i'd love to see that. Rossi-he's a legend in the making...
Old 25th May 2004, 12:21   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I would like to see Schumacher do what Valentino Rossi has done. Does'nt he need a challenge? Schumi and Ferrari together makes everyone look stationary even when they are not falling apart.
Wouldnt expect schumacher to jump into a minardi or a jaguar. But i think he should say, 'lets c what i can do in a second best team like renault or a bmw'. His fees are a totally different matter altogether. F1 sucks when it comes to money. Some have too much of it, others have to look to bernie mid season for additional dole.
Er, I suggest you get some research done on the 1996 season which was Schumys first with Ferrari. Ferrari was a mid-pack player then, sometimes even lower down the order.

Its that very challenge which Schumacher, Todt, Brawn and Bryne took upon themselves...to rebuild the team to a time which people call the Ferrari - Era. The domination that you have been seeing in the past few seasons is the culmination of years of hard-work, grit and sheer determination by the new Ferrari team.

GTO
Old 25th May 2004, 15:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

I don't see no reason why he shudn't try it all over again!!!
Old 25th May 2004, 16:01   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I don't see no reason why he shudn't try it all over again!!!
One reason is...............RETIREMENT! Not too many people see Schumy racing beyond 2005-2006.

Also, once you put all your energy, dedication and strength into rebuilding a team..should you not enjoy the fruits of labour? He has already proved capable of rebuilding a team in the most competitive arena and taking it to the top.

If anything, Rossi has got to prove if he is capable of taking Yamaha to the top.

GTO
Old 25th May 2004, 20:18   #22
BHPian

GTO i totally agree with you that its becoz of schumacher and the others that ferrari is where it is today. And ofcourse he should be enjoying the fruits of his toil. No one can deny him that!
More than schumacher, its the ppl around him who think he will retire after every season from the last two season. He is still in his prime, still enjoying his racing, still shows the same amount of enthu every time he is on the winners podium. Some may say he should retire when he is at the top, rather than fade away later. I dont see why he will not race even beyond 40. Damon Hill if i am not mistaken, won his championship at 40. They have been others much earlier to the the present lot who have been racing and winning even in their 50s.
Old 1st June 2004, 03:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

After all the fiasco, Montoya wanting to cancel his McLaren contract has just turned out to be another rumour and gossip story. JPM has confirmed that he will be driving for McLaren in 2005.

"I'll drive a McLaren"

Racer stamps on 'Montoya to Bar' claims

Most Viewed