Team-BHP - Montoya wanting to cancel his Mclaren Contract???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Montoya wanting to cancel his Mclaren Contract??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/900-montoya-wanting-cancel-his-mclaren-contract.html)

The latest according to The Telegraphic is that Button doesnt want to be driving for Mclaren in 2005. *Hmm...wonder what is going to happen to Mclaren? *Honestly, how can you even blame Montoya for it...there seems to be no improvement on the car. *Even when I thought that finally Kimi could do better in Monaco...well, what happened? Engine Failure. *This has become a routine for Mclaren. *At this point I am sure even Kimi would want to leave Mclaren. *

So what do you all predict will be the future of Mclaren???

Got details here on f1live

kimibabe...

When did Button get a drive for McLaren in 2005

Shravan316,
Im sure she just made a mistake typing 'Button' instead of 'Montoya' and BTW i dont think the situation will be the same once Pinball head sees Mclaren's development,
believe me if you ask me whats the Future of Mclaren? It's BRIGHT!

Very Bright!!!

Oops...that was a typo from my end. Thanks S350L-E240 for correcting me. Yes, I meant Montoya!

kimibabe...

yeah.. latest speculation is that he wants to move to BAR..
BAR team boss David Richards mentioned that he got calls from "unusual places" for a team spot

I am not surprised at Montoyas reluctance...especially since hes become the laughing stock of the entire F1 paddock for his move to Mclaren.

Mclarens current form sucks, and I think it will be atleast another 2 years before they can realistically think of winning races again. Williams and BAR on the other hand.....

GTO

Hmm what can you expect when a team is performing like this.. This isnt the same Mclaren from the Mika Hakkinen days. No wonder Monty is thinking again ... Mercedes will soon have to quit F1 if the woers continue.

If i were in Montoya's shoes(whether the shoes fits me or not!! ) i would have done the samething, unless, the MP4-19B which is said to be due launch some time aound german GP, is infinity times better than the MP4-19.
Kimi's got almost the same number of retirements as Schumi's got victories.

YEAH THE FUTURE IS SOOOOO BRIGHT THAT ONE CANNOT C ANYTHING AT ALL .
MAAAIIKALLLLLLLLLL MAAAAIKALLLLLLLL

Now this is what separates the best drivers from the good drivers.
While this seems sensible, it's not gonna go down as a brave effort. I don't have to remind anyone of the Michael Schumacher - Ferrari story, do I? If Montoya joins McLaren and helps them turn their fortunes around, he'll be termed as an all time great. If not, ............
Even Webber did a mini Schumi with first Minardi and later Jaguar. McLaren is miles ahead of either of these teams. It's a good chance for JPM to have his name written in the list of legends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Now this is what separates the best drivers from the good drivers.

Took the words right outta my mouth, Pardner. But then, there can be only ONE Michael Schumacher

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ May 24 2004,10:42)]Now this is what separates the best drivers from the good drivers.
While this seems sensible, it's not gonna go down as a brave effort. I don't have to remind anyone of the Michael Schumacher - Ferrari story, do I? If Montoya joins McLaren and helps them turn their fortunes around, he'll be termed as an all time great. If not, ............
Even Webber did a mini Schumi with first Minardi and later Jaguar. McLaren is miles ahead of either of these teams. It's a good chance for JPM to have his name written in the list of legends.

you rule man!

How many more die hard McLaren/Mercedes fans here BTW? who will stick to Mclaren even during bad times?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 24 2004,13:38)]How many more die hard McLaren/Mercedes fans here BTW? who will stick to Mclaren even during bad times?

Count me in..

*hugs shravan and aditya* i think its what we need at this time lol be together...

BTW talking of montoya,
I think id be fine if he does leave Mclaren and Mclaren keep DC,
Im sure given a good car DC is ONE GOOD BABY!