Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2004, 13:05   #1
Team-BHP Support

"Ralf Schumacher’s wife Cora is to make her motorsport debut in a Mini race next month.

Former model Cora will compete in a support event for the DTM at Lausitzring in early June.

Ralf tied the knot with Cora in October 2001. The couple have one son, called David."

Source: ITV-F1

Rtech
Old 28th May 2004, 13:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

SO will she also put a lotta people outta the race? Follow her husband?
Old 28th May 2004, 13:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hehehehe..
Hope she doesn't!!!!!!!
did they by any chance name their child after DC
Old 29th May 2004, 04:00   #4
BHPian

I know, David Schumacher sounds funny actually..
Anyway it should be fun to see Mrs. Ralf race DTMs. I can recall only 2 Women to have made a havoc in motorsporting ever:
Desire Wilson, the only woman driver ever to have been licensed to drive in both World Championship Formula One Grand Prix and CART IndyCars or to have won an international Formula One race. &
Michelle Mouton, who upset all the hairy bottomed blokes, when she became the first ever woman to win the World Championship event in 1981 in the Audi Quattro.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway an off topic question for Rtech (well actually any biker who also knows a bit about cars can answer it). And it may not be Legit aswell, but answer it nonetheless..
Well honestly I know "not much" about bikes, and this thought just struck me after watching ur signature RTech. ... ummm... , but I dont know how to put it forward.. lets see...
...Okay..
Is the Apex (point) the same in a circuit while riding a bike and a car?
umm.. i think better yet.. Will the Racing line on the circuit be the same while driving a bike and car?
I hope I am making myself clear..
And please dont misunderstand it to Bike V/s Car question.
Old 29th May 2004, 15:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Talking about women,
I wouldnt mind seeing a hottie drive an F1 car
Old 29th May 2004, 17:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hehe... reminds me of Ronaldo's wife who also coincidentally plays soccer for some female soccer club....

... it all runs in the family i suppose.

Revv
Old 31st May 2004, 12:47   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ May 29 2004,02:30)]I know, David Schumacher sounds funny actually..
Anyway it should be fun to see Mrs. Ralf race DTMs. I can recall only 2 Women to have made a havoc in motorsporting ever:
Desire Wilson, the only woman driver ever to have been licensed to drive in both World Championship Formula One Grand Prix and CART IndyCars or to have won an international Formula One race. &
Michelle Mouton, who upset all the hairy bottomed blokes, when she became the first ever woman to win the World Championship event in 1981 in the Audi Quattro.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway an off topic question for Rtech (well actually any biker who also knows a bit about cars can answer it). And it may not be Legit aswell, but answer it nonetheless..
Well honestly I know "not much" about bikes, and this thought just struck me after watching ur signature RTech. ... ummm... , but I dont know how to put it forward.. lets see...
...Okay..
Is the Apex (point) the same in a circuit while riding a bike and a car?
umm.. i think better yet.. Will the Racing line on the circuit be the same while driving a bike and car?
I hope I am making myself clear..
And please dont misunderstand it to Bike V/s Car question.
Hey PF,

Sarah Fisher is a really popular driver in the IRL series in the US. She's pretty good too, consistently running in the top ten and I think she's finished on the podium a few times too (not sure though). She looks pretty good in a bikini as well

As for the question on whether the racing lines are the same for bikes of cars, well, its like this. The principle will remain the same i.e. take the widest line possible to maintain the highest speed through a given corner. Hence, the basic lines taken by cars and bikes remain the same, with minor changes required in faster or slower corners.

The main difference is actually in the braking area. As cars can take a corner much faster than bikes, they need to reduce less speed to take a given corner. Bikes on the other hand keep their braking late and hard in order to maximise every last ounce of speed.

On the public road however, it is best, whether in a car or bike, to turn in a little later than the ideal line i.e. take a late apex. This allows you to see further into the corner (important when you have oncoming traffic!) and also allows you to get on the gas earlier as you straighten your line through that corner.

Anyways, to answer your quest in a nutshell, I would say the basic racing line remains the same for both, cars and bikes (minor differences apart!).
Old 31st May 2004, 12:58   #8
Tom
BHPian

yeah watched Sara getting her as$ kicked by the men y'day at Indianapolis...LOL
what a boring race
Old 5th June 2004, 11:22   #9
BHPian

Thanks Rtech, that was brilliantly explained..
I knew I could count on you

Most Viewed