Team-BHP - Sebastian Loeb - SEVEN time world champion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Sebastian Loeb - SEVEN time world champion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/90474-sebastian-loeb-seven-time-world-champion.html)

The French driver who drives for the french, Citroen team wins the WRC for the seventh time with two more rounds to spare in the calendar.
The second highest championship wins is just 4 by Tommi Makinen and Juha Kankunen.

But, what's most impressive is that he's won them all consecutively.
2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

He is on his own league when it comes to rallying. Is he still planning for a F1 drive? I hope not.

I watched the whole season this year and my-o-my his driving is head and shoulders above the rest. Amazing car control and minimum mistakes. Even in pure ashpalt rallys, he made Kimi look like a kiddo.

Loeb is head and shoulders above the rest! No praise or superlatives are enough to describe what he's achieved these past 7 years. God, he makes rallying look ridiculously easy, doesn't he? Has been a priviledge watching him drive all these years.

When he drives, he does makes rallying look so easy and fun no matter if it is sand, gravel, tarmac, snow or ice!!! Watching his car drift so precisely is pure motoring nirvana. :thumbs up

I am a fan, alright! clap:

At the previous rally in Japan, he came fifth. :D
He was struggling from day 1.
He's like Rossi. If he finds it isn't working for him, he takes it safe and goes hunting slowly.

Congratulations to Sebastian Loeb.
Does he have any plans of coming to Formula 1 ?

So its official! Loeb becomes the Michael Schumacher of WRC :D

Way to go... I hope the FIA doesnt come up with some stupid rule in WRC just to stop his dominance like they did with Michael in F1.

Quote:

Is he still planning for a F1 drive?
Quote:

Does he have any plans of coming to Formula 1 ?
Just because there is a bat and a ball involved, Would Sachin Tendulkar be as successful in Baseball as he is in Cricket?

Would Lionel Messi be as successful in Rugby as he is in Football/Soccer?

Sebastien Loeb did test drive a Ferrari F1 car at Fiorano after the WRC season, a few years back.
It was purely just for fun and a 'bucket list' thing. To have the right to say "I've driven a Ferrari Formula One Car". How many of them would be as fortunate as I am?
Quote:

So its official! Loeb becomes the Michael Schumacher of WRC
The number of C'ships are the same. But, I see this as a bigger achievement than Schumi's.
For one thing, it's consecutive. And secondly, the 2nd highest number of C'ships is 4.
And most of all, he's STILL bloody good and there's no sign of him losing his competitiveness.

But, I think he's being pressured to leave since the sport has become a yawn fest. lol:

His driving in amazing and I agree, he makes it looks a lot easy. Superb skills and reflexes. Credit to navigator , the car and the crew too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 2109264)
The number of C'ships are the same. But, I see this as a bigger achievement than Schumi's.
For one thing, it's consecutive. And secondly, the 2nd highest number of C'ships is 4.
And most of all, he's STILL bloody good and there's no sign of him losing his competitiveness.

Michael did it from 1999, he ruled for 5 years!

In 2002, Michael Schumacher scored 144 from a maximum of 170 Championship points.
In 2004, Michael won the championship with 4 races to go.

And did Michael looked like he had lost it when he drove the wheels off the Ferrari at Interlagos 2006?

Finally, he was pressurised to retire and make space for the Iceman @ Ferrari!

He would have acheived more otherwise!

Quote:

But, I think he's being pressured to leave since the sport has become a yawn fest. lol:
WRC needs a Bernie on board :D

He is the undisputed king who has displaced the Finns from the top of the record books. He could try a new team now . Just to make it more challenging for himself!