Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 10:48   #1
BANNED

2010 F1 Yeongam -Korean Grand prix

Trying to google hard on this Circuit. Amazes me on how such a small territory can host such a big sport.

So we have a Brand New circuit offering us the most exciting last of the races for the season

While most of the infrastructure around the circuit is incomplete, Recently the FIA has inspected and given a Thumbsup for the race.

Presently the WDC and Constructors are in this position.

DRIVER STANDINGS
01 Mark Webber 220
02 Fernando Alonso 206
03 Sebastian Vettel 206
04 Lewis Hamilton 192
05 Jenson Button 189
06 Felipe Massa 128
07 Nico Rosberg 122
08 Robert Kubica 114
09 Michael Schumacher 54
10 Adrian Sutil 47

CONSTRUCTOR STANDINGS
01 RBR-Renault 426
02 McLaren-Mercedes 381
03 Ferrari 334
04 Mercedes GP 176
05 Renault 133
06 Force India-Mercedes 60
07 Williams-Cosworth 58
08 BMW Sauber-Ferrari 37
09 STR-Ferrari 11
10 Lotus-Cosworth 0

Yeongam
Race Date: 24 Oct 2010
Circuit Name: Korea International Circuit
Number of Laps: 55
Circuit Length: 5.621 km
Race Distance: 309.155 km
Lap Record: -

Fri 22 October 2010

Practice 1 06:30 - 08:00

Practice 2 10:30 - 12:00

Sat 23 October 2010

Practice 3 07:30 - 08:30

Qualifying 10:30

Sun 24 October 2010

Race 11:30
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Yeongam -Korean Grand prix-download.jpg  

2010 F1 Yeongam -Korean Grand prix-images.jpg  

2010 F1 Yeongam -Korean Grand prix-southkoreaf1trackinjeo.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 17th October 2010, 20:58   #2
mgh
BHPian

Red Bulls seem to have the edge. McLaren are a little too far behind. Driver's championship is still open. Hamilton and Button seem to be out of it now.

With Force India in a tail spin as a result of letting 'Key' technical people go, Sutil will find it difficult to finish in top ten, and Williams will almost certainly overtake them. Next season, Sauber is also expected to overtake them.
Old 17th October 2010, 22:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Exciting last few races! Cannot remember the last time so many drivers were still in the hunt for the title, atleast technically.

Redbull drivers cannot afford any more mistakes or mishaps. That man Alonso will look to pounce on any such opportunity. Ferrari will be looking to Massa to shave a few points off the competition, or else it will be goodbye Massa after this season. The Mclarens have no option but to go flat out and hope for the best. In any case, we have a cracker of a finish this season.
Old 17th October 2010, 22:50   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
With Force India in a tail spin as a result of letting 'Key' technical people go, Sutil will find it difficult to finish in top ten, and Williams will almost certainly overtake them. Next season, Sauber is also expected to overtake them.

Feels quite sad to see the team progress from HERO to ZERO by the end of the season.

The way Force India moved up the constructors at the beginning of the season, everyone felt, they are up to some great results. But sadly the graph has gone down.

A new circuit, interesting race up on cards.
Old 17th October 2010, 23:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

With few races to go..almost 5 drivers are in contention for WDC.I canr rule our Mclarens.But as of now Weber seems to be the favourite and I would like him to win the WDC,if Mclaren are out of contention in anyway.
Silver Arrows are my favourite cars anyday !!!
Old 18th October 2010, 10:42   #6
BHPian

Guys, i have driven this circuit. On the PS3. And yes driven ( i have a G27 wheel and pedal set) not on the dualshock controller.

i agree with Karun's statement that it will favour the Bulls. it has fast sweeping bends and long straights and only a few slow corners. McLarens and Ferraris should be up there too. Watch out for the Toro Rossos. There are two very long and extremely quick straights.

I'd say its kind of like Silverstone. I love driving on this circuit and im sure the F1 guys will too. Looking forward to an exciting race
Old 18th October 2010, 11:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

The long straights would easily favour Mclaren & Ferrari. However, a bumpy track could spoil Mclaren's chances (like Singapore).

The Bull's strength is around slow corners where a lot of downforce is required (like Suzuka) and they lose big time on the straights (like Monza)

Overall, it should be a balanced performance between the teams. May the best driver win
Old 18th October 2010, 14:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Guys, i have driven this circuit. On the PS3. And yes driven ( i have a G27 wheel and pedal set) not on the dualshock controller.

i agree with Karun's statement that it will favour the Bulls. it has fast sweeping bends and long straights and only a few slow corners. McLarens and Ferraris should be up there too. Watch out for the Toro Rossos. There are two very long and extremely quick straights.

I'd say its kind of like Silverstone. I love driving on this circuit and im sure the F1 guys will too. Looking forward to an exciting race
Alonso did say in the post race interview in suzuka that of all the remaining tracks, japan was the one that ferrari thought they would have their worst performance. So according to them, they should do better here in korea than they did in japan. Lets see how they end up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The long straights would easily favour Mclaren & Ferrari. However, a bumpy track could spoil Mclaren's chances (like Singapore).

The Bull's strength is around slow corners where a lot of downforce is required (like Suzuka) and they lose big time on the straights (like Monza)

Overall, it should be a balanced performance between the teams. May the best driver win
Redbulls strength i believe lies in not so much slow corners, but more so in high speed corners where aerodynamic grip is required more than mechanical grip. Redbulls dominated in suzuka because of high speed corners like turn no. 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and the legendary turn 14 where they were able to maintain a higher average speed while entering and exiting the corner.

The korean track seems like a good mix of fast and slow corners with 3 long straights, the s/f line, the straight between turns 2 & 3, and the straight between turns 3 & 4. So i think it is going to be a very interesting race with both the redbull and ferrari teams quite close in terms of track times.

It does look like this is a track where the cars will be evenly matched and the deciding factor will be the drivers skills . The thought of this brings a massive smile to my face

I think it is going to be a fantastic race and the ferrari fan inside of me is quietly confident of a good ferrari showing.

GO ALONSO.

Last edited by amrisharm : 18th October 2010 at 14:59.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

An article on Korea from SpeedTV. The asphalt is laid only 10 days back. Can we expect an Indianapolis 2005?

FORMULA-ONE - COOPER: Plenty Of Questions Surround Korea - SPEEDtv.com

FORMULA-ONE - COOPER: Plenty Of Questions Surround Korea - SPEEDtv.com

Last edited by anachronix : 19th October 2010 at 16:16.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:13   #10
BHPian

Thanks for that link anachronix .

As the race comes closer more news is filtering in .
Sounds familiar to the CWG Mess .
Hotels seem to be shoddy . There are mounds of sand next to the pitlane . The starting grid is yet to be painted .

The track would be slippery offering very little grip outside the racing line . Some big upsets might happen . Should be spectacular !
Old 21st October 2010, 16:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

From NobleF1's twitter

Bernie Ecclestone's genius response to the slippery track surface: "I’ll have to be careful not to walk on it then. I won’t go on the grid."
Old 21st October 2010, 19:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

LIVE! LIVE! LIVE!

Korean GP FIA F1 World Championship - Practice 1 Sessions 2010

on Star Sports from 06:25 onwards
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Korean GP has turned out to be a great leveler of the field.
After the first two practice sessions, the top three positions are covered by top three teams with Renault's Kubica coming in at fourth. Less than a second covers the top 6 drivers.
Kubica will play a very crucial role in the final three races of the season.

Its everything to drive for at the inaugural Korean GP.

Can't wait for the final showdown on Sunday.
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:34   #14
BANNED

During practice, we only see a max of 15 to 20 laps max..

Tomorrows race will be a different story altogether.

No idea, on how the tarmac will treat the tyres.

Its only adaptable cars that will see to the chequered flag.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:24   #15
BHPian

Just an update :
HRT F1 Racing Team fined $5000 during the practice session as they released their car with Japanese driver Sakon Yamamoto with the tyre warmer still attached to the tyre & two team personnel had breached the regulations by entering the pit exit to recover this tyre warmer from Yamamoto's car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks