Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2004, 00:01   #1

This new season started on a great note for Ferrari i must admit,
but why's there absolutely no one who can beat them?
remember the 2003 season: such drama, excitement, which went on till the very last season ender at Suzuka!
This season feels like 2002 revisited! and guess what, its not mclaren or williams, its the bar-honda and renaults in ferraris slipstream!!!
wht do ya think is the matter with the opposition?? and wht r ur suggestions for making F1 more exciting (apart from barring ferrari, plz!!) i'm really at a loss for ideas.
Old 1st June 2004, 09:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, apart from barring Ferrari, I feel that Ferrari should run with Minardi Engine!!
Seriously, I think its up to the other teams to do the catching up job. U can't blame F1 to be boring coz one team is dominating others. McLaren have given up atleast for the moment, Williams have the equipment, but, what's the point, they have Ralf who keeps getting into trouble. Montoya who looks to be out of touch

BAR- its job well done. They have come out of no where. They still have to go a long way.

Well, i would like to see how Ferrari does after Schumi retires. I feel that their domination is going to end, and it would be the Ferrari we know of pre-Schumi days.
Old 1st June 2004, 12:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well... this season is surely going to be another RED wash. One cant blame Ferrari for winning and staying on top. The other teams are just helpless. Mclaren are in the dumps.. 7 races up and Kimi just has 1 point and it isnt great in the constructors either. Williams goof up one way or the other. Ralf and Montoya are not the best of team mates .. ones takes the other out and Mclaren I fear are in for the same fate once Juan Pablo goes there in 2005. Its good too see that Renault and BAR are up there to atleast try and put up a fight to the Scuderia. But some how they just cant beat em. Even if Ferrari isnt on pole.. the Ferrari strategy works such that at the end its a Ferrari victory and I'm sure that if Schumi hadnt crashed out in Monaco.. he definately had a chance of winning and would have too.

Everything just works right for Ferrari. The whole team works together.. they are the master of pit stops. Their cars are bullet proof reliable.. look at Austria last year the damn car catches fire and still goes on to win the race. It just isnt the same in the other teams. I agree that once Schumi retires it wont be the same but you can count on it that their next no. 1 driver will get the same treatment that Schumi gets..

At the end of it all... the Ferrari dominance that we are seeing here will be a piece of Motor racing history that we will tell our kids and grand kids about .. that once upon a time in F1 there was a World Champion Michael Schumacher and his Ferrari team who ripped the F1 world apart with his sheer class of driving and team work.

Cherish these moments while you can. We are witnessing something which we may never ever again get to see in the future....

THE FERRARI ERA....

Constructors 99,2000,01,02,03, 04? Yes!!! *
MS 94,95,2000,01,02,03 04 ? U bet

Wonder how many more

Cheers

Old 1st June 2004, 13:37   #4
Tom
BHPian

I have no regrets with MS dominating F1 the way he is right now.
Ive been a fan of MS during the days of Damon Hill/Villenuve/Hakkinnen.
During those times it was never easy for him. He now deserves to enjoy this domination.

What ive observed now is that most of the current MS fans have been so only after his 2nd or 3rd year with Ferrari. Sitting in a pub packed with MS fans chanting schumi.....schumi.....makes me wonder...."hey where were you guys during the Benetton days?"

But again i feel ive really lost interest in the sport. Hats off to the guys marketing this sport. I feel i was sorta drowned in the hype F1 created world-wide. I think it was more than the hype than actual interest in the sport that made me a big fan of F1.
The only interesting battle nowadays seems to be the fight for 2nd and 3rd place on the podium.

Anyways now i know where my true love in motorsports is

Old 1st June 2004, 15:44   #5
Team-BHP Support

team ferrari rules.. who is schumi??.. jokes apart the way the season is gng the spectator intrest is gng down the drains.. good thing at least all the so called tiffosis have cleared off the pubs and ol drunkards have better fun watching the race n cursing..

now thats what i call fan following..
Old 1st June 2004, 15:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

How do i find this season?

Ask a Mclaren fan and u'll know!
Old 1st June 2004, 21:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

As a McLaren Mercedes and Jaguar fan I'm finding the season very disappointing because they aren't winning.
Still, I'm closely following developments at Jaguar Racing and know very well that they are trying hard. Every race finished is a victory of sorts. Look at McLaren. They have a much bigger budget than Jag's and still aren't able to develop a car that will go the distance. That's what is most disappointing. But, Messrs Haug and Dennis hate losing and I'm sure McLaren will bounce back. Times are bad, but, as a long time fan, I'll stand by them just as I did during their Peugeot and early Mercedes years.
Trulli, Alonso and Button have been pretty impressive. Oh yes, don't forget Takuma Sato. He's rapidly climbing up my favourite drivers' list. Come on guys, let's cheer on a fellow Asian!
I don't think this season is uninteresting.
Old 1st June 2004, 23:29   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]But, Messrs Haug and Dennis hate losing
You said it. I remember either Ron Dennis or Frank Williams say "How can we celebrate a 2nd place? We are just the first of the losers!"

GTO
Old 8th June 2004, 01:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

the trick is to look beyond who's comign 1st..
the fight for 2nd place in the constructors will be close.. and a well fought one

Renault are 2nd for their excellent reliability thus far.. BAR do have a slight performace edge over them..
where as Williams have to pick up in both these areas..
Mclaren shud challenge for top 6-7 places towards the latter half of the season..

all is not lost !
Old 8th June 2004, 13:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren should look to finish races for the rest of the season,if u ask me.
Old 8th June 2004, 19:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

shravan316,
I dont think that will happen expect blow ups at Canada and US,
Maybe once the new car is on track things will change,
Also remember kimi said the engine is the same?
Old 8th June 2004, 19:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ June 08 2004,17:54)]shravan316,
I dont think that will happen expect blow ups at Canada and US,
Maybe once the new car is on track things will change,
Also remember kimi said the engine is the same?
I feel that nxt years car will be something to look forward to, coz Montoya and Kimi are the drivers Ron was looking forward having in his 'DREAM' team. So hopefully they will be on an upbeat.

This year Ron can only DREAM of winning most of the races.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks