Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2004, 19:20   #1
Tom
BHPian

The Heat Is On

The Acropolis Rally is a crater-strewn mountain event where the stages are infamous carbreakers in the World Rally Championship - it's a rare occurrence indeed if all the leading runners make it back to service on four wheels and suspension and bodywork in tact.

The roads are rough, but many stages are quite fast, with long sixth-gear straights. Drivers aren't going to lift off the throttle just in case there is a boulder or hole in the way, so burst oil sumps and struts ripped from their bodyshell mounting points are common.

The weather at the Acropolis rally tends to be seriously hot, too. Just ask Richard Burns' co-driver Robert Reid who passed out mid-stage a couple of years ago. Fitness here can win and lose rallies, with drivers and co-drivers often having to make repairs to their damaged cars in full racing overalls under the midday sun.

Spectator notes
The Acropolis Rally this year is based in Lamia.
Old 11th June 2004, 03:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics from the 2004 Acropolis Rally.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 11th June 2004, 13:04   #3
Tom
BHPian

these pics are too much. never enjoyed such scenery esp with the cars in the midst of them...LOL.

cant get myself to close this window

Old 11th June 2004, 13:50   #4
BHPian

Okay Tom, something more for you, though arent that Scenestic but I am sure you'll like em'
- Here, few of the instances of Ametuer Pics that one of my friend Vitnessed & Captured live! at the Acropolis Rally 04': (Please do not share these pics out-side Team-BHP. And Dial Up Users, be careful.).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW! One of the Best Rallies of the Season.. Yet!
P.s. - Shan2nu, Those are some Magnificent Pics.. Thanks man.

Old 11th June 2004, 16:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Man i saw the MG rally on TV. They were S.L.O.W!!!

They're FWD right? And it didn't even look as if they were power packed. Some did manage a to hit 100mph and one guy even lost control and got "ditched" on the straight.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 11th June 2004, 16:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ June 11 2004,22:20)]P.s. - Shan2nu, Those are some Magnificent Pics.. Thanks man.
Thanks a lot. i got those pics from a site called rallyzone.com. Check it out guys, it's best rally site ive come across. It even leaves www.wrc.com behind.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 11th June 2004, 16:51   #7
BHPian

Arre Shan2nu, the only reason this guy took the pic of MG is coz he owns 1 .
I mean for egs, if someone from T-BHP (who owns a Vtec) went to Japan and happened to see the WRC event there.. And saw a Vtec rallying there .. wouldnt he take a pic of it.. even though it is SLOW, FWDed, Sluggish car that doesnt even do 95MPH in dirt. (its just like that.. )
By the way Thanks for sharing the link.. check it rightaway.

Old 12th June 2004, 00:19   #8
Tom
BHPian

Man Petter.....what a bugger! 8kms into the longest stage of the rally he loses brakes and still comes out as rally leader....whoaaaa.......the more I watch the more respect im startin to have for him.

Somehow...i still fell my money is on Gronohlm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks