Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2010, 10:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Looks like qualifying will have a big impact on who wins the driver's championship
Absolutely!
Hamilton has suddenly emerged as the wild card in this. Depending on where he qualifies and finishes, championship can go different ways.
Most likely grid:
Vettel, Hamilton, Webber, Alonso

I am rooting for Webber for WDC, but looks difficult if he doesn't pick up his pace.
Old 13th November 2010, 14:51   #32
BHPian

'92 season , MSC won the Belgian GP with Benetton-Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Vettel needs a repeat of 2007 just like what Kimi needed at that time. But only if Alonso puts a wrong foot which is out of odds and Ferrari will play it really safe.

But a used engine for two races could get the white smoke of Alonso's Ferrari in his quest for the WDC???? I hope not.

Will be classic if Vettel wins it, but I definitely donot want MW to get it. Somehow feel he is not worth to be crowned WDC, just like FM. Purely my opinion though.

Cant wait anymore for the weekend.

About MSC, barring his debut season in 92, this will be the first time he failed to win or score a podium finish in his F1 career. Even though a MSC fan, cant be too optimistic too for the record to be maintained.
Old 13th November 2010, 19:35   #33
mgh
BHPian

Qualifying
Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Webber,Massa, Barrichello, MSC, Rosberg and Petrov top ten in that order.
Sutil 13th Liuzzi 16th.

Race should be extremely interesting tomorrow.
Old 13th November 2010, 19:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

What a qualifying session! RedBull have made it easier for Alonso now. Not sure what were they thinking with their 3 lap runs in the end. It cost Webber at least 2 places in the grid. Button came up with a good lap to mix things up. But with Alonso in P3, it is his championship to lose.

1 VET
2 HAM
3 ALO
4 BUT
5 WEB
Old 13th November 2010, 19:44   #35
BHPian

What a sensational lap by Vettel where he has beaten his last year's record for the fastest lap at Yas Marina F1 Circuit. His lap timing is 1:39:394, he is on a poll along with Hamilton (1:39:425) in P2 & Alonso (1;39:792) in P3.
I must say that Vettel is now a Pole King for this 2010 F1 season with his 10th pole of the season, but really a very very disappointing result for Webber who is also a good contender in driver's championship as he is on P5 behind Button.
Also a very very good flying lap for Roseberg & Schumi to get them inside last 10 cars in Q3.
But again & again I must say, really a very sensational lap by Vettel.
Will be totally supporting Alonso (for the very 1st time) to win 2010 season's driver's championship as he is driving for Ferrari.
Will be eagerly waiting for very interesting last race of 2010 season.
Go Alonso Go !!! (You have got a prancing horse & Red Bull has made it easy for you !!)

Last edited by dhrishikesh : 13th November 2010 at 19:49.
Old 13th November 2010, 20:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

So, Vettel does it again. But is it enough to clinch the championship for him or help Webber win? Only time will tell. One can only hope that there are no untoward incidents like drivers taking each other out, intentionally or otherwise.

It is quite clear that Massa will be asked to get a jump on Webber at the start. Alonso had another solid qualifying, doing just enough, yet again. Hamilton seems happy with his car, but the big disappointment has been Webber. This was his one chance to do something special. Lets hope he can do better tomorrow.
Old 13th November 2010, 20:52   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
So, Vettel does it again. But is it enough to clinch the championship for him or help Webber win? Only time will tell. One can only hope that there are no untoward incidents like drivers taking each other out, intentionally or otherwise.

It is quite clear that Massa will be asked to get a jump on Webber at the start. Alonso had another solid qualifying, doing just enough, yet again. Hamilton seems happy with his car, but the big disappointment has been Webber. This was his one chance to do something special. Lets hope he can do better tomorrow.
Tomorrows race is going down by the wire

Webber....! i feel he's taking things lightly, he does not want to get over excited,

Hmm......! getting excited for tomorrows race.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 13th November 2010 at 20:54.
Old 13th November 2010, 21:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great lap from Vettel, this guy has got a raw pace which is terrifying. He is able to put a qualifying lap whenever he wants to. I remember in Brazil too when he put out a blitzkrieg lap just after the safety car was called in. Webber disappoints once again. When was the last time he out-qualified Vettel?

Hamilton making best use of the car and Button too did justice to the car's potential.

Alonso did a blinding lap to put the Ferrari above Button and Webber. Massa is in a good position to help Alonso.

Finally Schumi outqualifies Rosberg. Bodes well for MercGP for the 2011 season.

An intriguing race on the cards, hopefully Alonso will do just enough for his 3rd WDC
Old 13th November 2010, 21:55   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Great lap from Vettel, this guy has got a raw pace which is terrifying. He is able to put a qualifying lap whenever he wants to. I remember in Brazil too when he put out a blitzkrieg lap just after the safety car was called in. Webber disappoints once again. When was the last time he out-qualified Vettel?

Hamilton making best use of the car and Button too did justice to the car's potential.

Alonso did a blinding lap to put the Ferrari above Button and Webber. Massa is in a good position to help Alonso.

Finally Schumi outqualifies Rosberg. Bodes well for MercGP for the 2011 season.

An intriguing race on the cards, hopefully Alonso will do just enough for his 3rd WDC

Last race, Shumi did outqualify Roseberg.

Did anyone notice, Vettel waits for Schumi to emerge out of his car, goes to him, talks and gets a pat on his back.

This kind of incident has happened thrice this season

Its extremely unpredictable to talk about WDC now.

What a fitting Finale.
Old 13th November 2010, 23:06   #40
mgh
BHPian

As the contenders are not too far off each other in timing, the start and pit stops will most probably decide the outcome
Old 14th November 2010, 11:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quali has setup an awesome race.. lewis will go ALL OUT to attack seb..
while alonso will play the waiting game i am sure...
atleast as much as button n web allow him to

just HOPE & PRAY the title is not decided by a DNF to any of the top drivers
Old 14th November 2010, 13:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

The stage is set for what in my opinion is a shootout with 4 of the best drivers this season. And with the balance tilted towards a shootout between Alonso and Vettel for the race, that too is between the best out of the title contenders.

Vettel again proved what a great one lap qualifier he is. Of the pole sitters he is the driver who had driven the least number of laps. The lap he put in to jump ahead of Hamilton's Mclaren was superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Did anyone notice, Vettel waits for Schumi to emerge out of his car, goes to him, talks and gets a pat on his back.

What a fitting Finale.
Fellow Germans I guess and perhaps an inspiration to Vettel.

Contrast this with Mark Webber, who did not wait for anyone to get out of anything. The only thing he got out of post qualifying was his gloves!!

Enjoy the race folks. May the best man win.

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 14th November 2010, 15:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Well, i have a different take on this. Of course Vettel got P1 after setting a series of fast laps. But nothing less was expected of him. He is driving THE fastest car of the season. The fact is that his lap was just marginally faster than Hamilton's lap. His lap looks good only when compared to Webber, who had a disastrous qualifying session, not otherwise.

Vettel P1 or not, RedBulls have made things difficult for themselves (or should i say made it difficult for Mark) with their unusual qualifying strategy.
Old 14th November 2010, 15:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

I did notice all the cheerful faces after qualifying with Marko

Vettel's lap was crazy, he was right on the limit! Anyone watched the onboard vids?
Old 14th November 2010, 18:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

SCHUMI is out ! Courtesy Rosberg ! NR spins him of on the very first lap , and LIUZZI bumps straight into him , creating huge pile of debry

Most Viewed