Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 20:46   #61
BANNED

Mightily Well Done Sebastian Vettel

He deserved today's win and the WDC in all standards.

This is perhaps the most CLEANEST, and the BEST LOOKING Circuit of F1 as per me. But a boring race to say.

Alonso and Webber have all but themselves to blame, they really could not put in the performances together when it was required the most.

Sad for them, And really feeling sorry for Force India for working their way back to being the 7th from Top 5.

So back to a looooong and a boring break before the 2011 season starts, and the first Indian GP for the coming year. yahoooo..!

2011 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar
01 2011 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) 11 - 13 Mar
02 2011 FORMULA 1 QANTAS AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 25 - 27 Mar
03 2011 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 08 - 10 Apr
04 2011 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) * 15 - 17 Apr
05 2011 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul) 06 - 08 May
06 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2011 (Catalunya) 20 - 22 May
07 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2011 (Monte Carlo) 27 - 29 May
08 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2011 (Montreal) 10 - 12 Jun
09 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 24 - 26 Jun
10 2011 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 08 - 10 Jul
11 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2011 (Nürburgring) 22 - 24 Jul
12 FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2011 (Budapest) 29 - 31 Jul
13 2011 FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 26 - 28 Aug
14 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2011 (Monza) 09 - 11 Sep
15 2011 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 23 - 25 Sep
16 2011 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 07 - 09 Oct
17 2011 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) 14 - 16 Oct
18 2011 FORMULA 1 INDIAN GRAND PRIX (New Delhi) * 28 - 30 Oct
19 2011 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 11 - 13 Nov
20 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2011 (Sao Paulo) 25 - 27 Nov
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand prix - Yas Marina Circuit-article1194348056b2b72000005dc279_468x576.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 14th November 2010 at 20:51.
Old 14th November 2010, 20:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Sebastian Vettel is the CHAMPION. A deserved win I feel - given his performance this year. Although he did leave his calling card towards the end of last year.

Red Bull and Vettel deserve every inch of this victory.

Fernando Alonso and Ferrari are gonna keep us Tifosi waiting another year. But hell of a fight!! Can we leave out the "team orders" next time Ferrari.

RBR Fans - Congrats!!

I am sure Alonso and Ferrari might have some words to say about Renault. The straight line speed of those cars are awesome.

Drive on!!
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 14th November 2010 at 20:54.
Old 14th November 2010, 20:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
19 2011 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 11 - 13 Nov
20 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2011 (Sao Paulo) 25 - 27 Nov
Relieved to see the final race of the season being Brasil. Feel that it could have made a difference today with numerous overtaking opportunities it offers.

Gutted for Alonso, but relieved Webber didn't win it and the fastest man on track, Vettel did it for Red-Bull.

Interestingly, had Red-Bull done the swap in Brasil, they would have lost the championship here. Well played Horner.
Old 14th November 2010, 20:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Vettel is ace! Coming from behind in the driver's championship race and stamping his authority by winning the final race in style, from pole - well done World Champion!

Ferrari will be bitterly disappointed no doubt. How Alonso managed to finish 7th from a strong 3rd on the grid is quite baffling. Agreed, it was lousy strategy but given the position he found himself in, Alonso failed to pull out something special. He had to take a risk and get ahead of Petrov when he needed to. Bit of sour grapes, showing Petrov the finger but in that moment of emotion, I guess he was just being human.

The Mclarens looked super quick and with the pressure off, Button and Hamilton drove a super race. As for Webber, he was just not good enough to win the title and maybe lacked that 1% extra that maketh a champion.

One driver who could be on the move is Felipe Massa. He has looked ordinary all season and Ferrari might be looking to replace him soon.

Coming back to the race itself, it was an absolute anti-climax. None of the spectacular racing we expected. No last gasp heroics or desperate overtaking. Everything came down to race pace and pit strategy. Seeing Alonso and Hamilton stuck behind Petrov and Kubica, one has to wonder why overtaking has to be so difficult in the world most watched racing series.

Races are now invariably won by fast cars and good strategy. But what is badly lacking is good old wheel-to-wheel racing with drivers overtaking each other on track. Surely, Formula 1 needs more overtaking and rules that allow it to happen.

Well, thats it then. Time to pop a Redbull!
Old 14th November 2010, 22:02   #65
BHPian

Congrats to youngest F1 world champion Vettel & Red Bull F1 Racing Team !!

At first, I must say this race's victory is a well deserved victory for our newly crowned 2010 (& most youngest) F1 World Champion Vettel & also for his Red Bull F1 Team & very big disappointment for Ferrari fans & also for Alonso himself as he tried for a 1-stop strategy which worked very well for him with Renault
Again & again, I must say that its a show stilled by Red Bull F1 Team & especially Vettel who clinched a thrilling victory to become youngest F1 championship.
I also think that Renault F1 Team's Russian rookie Petrov drove really very well to hang on Alonso from winning his 3rd F1 championship. I also think that Ferrari might need a new driver in place of Massa who is totally out of form compared to his team mate Alonso & would like to see Webber & Alonso driving for Ferrari next season.
This F1 season is also a very good season for our very own & only Indian team i.e. Force India F1 Racing Team who finished on overall 7th place with 67 points, only one place down Williams F1 Team in their just 2nd F1 season & also very good for Sutil as well. I would personally like to see Sutil driving with another driver (if possible, Narain) driving with him for Force India F1 Racing Team.
Again, congrats to the youngest F1 champion Vettel, who calls his F1 car Randy Mandy.
Old 14th November 2010, 23:43   #66
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
This F1 season is also a very good season for our very own & only Indian team i.e. Force India F1 Racing Team who finished on overall 7th place with 67 points, only one place down Williams F1 Team in their just 2nd F1 season & also very good for Sutil as well. I would personally like to see Sutil driving with another driver (if possible, Narain) driving with him for Force India F1 Racing Team.
I think Force India did very well. Force India did better than Toyota, which had in 2002 more money thrown at their team than all other competitors tegether. Despite having been able to start in 1999 and not being limited to testing they scored in the first season in 2002 just 2 points. In 2003 it was 16 points and in 2004 even less.

Next year Force India should be able to finish higher up with the experience gained this year. However, they have done a good job.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:04   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
I think Force India did very well. Force India did better than Toyota, which had in 2002 more money thrown at their team than all other competitors tegether. Despite having been able to start in 1999 and not being limited to testing they scored in the first season in 2002 just 2 points. In 2003 it was 16 points and in 2004 even less.

Next year Force India should be able to finish higher up with the experience gained this year. However, they have done a good job.
That might be true, but looking at the progress they did at the beginning of the season and the way they progressed (rather slowly) toward the end is something that we Indians cannot Digest.

Wish them BEST for the next season

The other sad part is Karun Chandok having to sit out of most of the races this season, Man..............! Thats depressing. Hope he gets to race in an F1 car the next season.

And great cheers to us, as we are witnessing and hosting the First ever F1 in our own INDIA. Thats so exciting.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:24   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I mean, SERIOUSLY! Who would've thought that Fonso & Ferrari enter the finale with an 8 point lead and end up losing. Vettel is the only driver who performed like a champion this weekend.....pole position, good start and dominating race pace.

Fonso was surprisingly lacklustre both the days, Webber even more so. Everyone's blaming Ferrari's pitstop strategy for the failure....sure, I agree. But I'll also add if Fonso had held on to his third place after the start, Ferrari would have focussed on matching Vettel's strategy rather than Webbers. And Webber clearly pitted early because he was losing his rears. There was simply no reason to bring Massa or Fonso in. Both Webber & Fonso drove shockingly average races and got a fitting answer at the end of it.

Congrats to Vettel! Clearly a talented chap in the right car. I just hope next year, he & Red Bull don't make as many mistakes over the season.

Two more points:

- This track is worse than Monaco!! Atleast, in Monaco, we have amazing close up video shots of cars bouncing off the kerbs. Abu Dhabi is just another fast track with no overtaking opportunity. Except for Webber's move on ALG, and Button on Fonso at the start, we didn't see any overtaking from the top teams

- Ironical it may seem, but Webber ended up helping Vettel win the championship. It's him who Ferrari followed into the pits . Now, who's the wise guy who was talking of Vettel helping Webber in the final race?

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2010 at 09:35.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:49   #69
BHPian

Winning the constructors as well as driver's title is indeed a double treat for the Red Bulls. And they deserve it. Webber who until 2 races ago looked like a serious contender would rue his chances. Feel sorry for Alonso whose performance this season was sensational. He would rue the pit stop strategy that went wrong yesterday and put an end to his championship hopes.

2011 season does look promising especially with the Indian GP added to the itinerary.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 15th November 2010 at 09:51.
Old 15th November 2010, 10:21   #70
BHPian

well! what a fantastic race, was just hoping for Vettel to win and alonso to lose; its nice that whining character didn't win and Massa will be a relieved man i guess!!
Old 15th November 2010, 11:12   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I deeply respect Alonso for his talent & achievement, albeit I can never be his fan because of his sick attitude. Check this clip out of Fonso wildly gesticulating Petrov. WHY? Petrov was fighting for position (his best finish ever this season). Did Fonso expect the entire grid to move out of the way for him? Best part is, Fonso thought Petrov was "too aggressive" in his defense. Someone wake him up and tell him "that's racing"

Old 15th November 2010, 11:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wow! what a finale for this awesome season.

I wanted Webber to win, but he has been low on confidence since Korea. Anyways, the awesome RB6 deserves the double title.

I don't know how teams find it extremely hard to pick up the loose points needed to win the title in the last race. Always, going to the last race, the guy who needs the win to have any hope finds the job easier. Maybe its the clarity of vision and task at hand. Get the pole on Sat and disappear into the distance on Sunday and find everyone else falter and fall apart. Kimi in 2007 and now Vettel. The only exception was Hamilton who got the bare minimum required in 2008, but even that was after a mighty scare.

Too bad the Spaniard's waxed legs couldn't help him get past the Russian. And interesting to know that Red Bull kept Vettel in the dark. He never knew he was going to win the title till that phenomenal radio communication from the pit wall. I was touched by the emotions running high. I thought RBR lost it when they refused to favor Mark given his point advantage. But it has all gone rather well for Christian. He had the difficult task to manage Dietrich & Helmut along with his drivers. Bravo RBR!

It was nice to see 'Monza' written on Vettel's balaclava. I recall the time when BMW released their super fast Friday driver to join Torro Rosso. I thought it was mighty foolish of them back then. But it all worked out well for Vettel in the end. Cheers Weltmeister! Enjoy the time.

Last edited by deetjohn : 15th November 2010 at 11:19.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Agreed, Alonso has always been a bit of a bad loser. He could have been gracious but in the heat of the moment he did something stupid. The world title that was his to take had slipped from under his nose. Suck it up Fernando!

Having said that, if you look at any sport these days barring rugby, any sort of show of emotion is frowned upon. As a result, sport has evolved into a sterilized, near robotic activity. Even a show of disappointment is slapped with a fine.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Agreed, Alonso has always been a bit of a bad loser. He could have been gracious but in the heat of the moment he did something stupid. The world title that was his to take had slipped from under his nose. Suck it up Fernando!

Having said that, if you look at any sport these days barring rugby, any sort of show of emotion is frowned upon. As a result, sport has evolved into a sterilized, near robotic activity. Even a show of disappointment is slapped with a fine.

Lots of people have lost in such circumstances but no one behaves like the cry baby does!!! no wonder he has been massively losing fan base round the world; best part was that a Renault that he won 2 championships was the car that made him lose this year
Old 15th November 2010, 12:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

Another young champion for F1, Congratulations to Vettel & RBR

Webber's pitstop was more like a bait for the Ferrari team who had all their eyes on Webber's strategy and missed the german who was right on target. It was sad that Alonso couldnt overtake that Renault which had superb top speed on the straights! I am sure the Ferrari team is going to come back strong next season with the asturian.

Sad to see Michael go away in the 1st lap! Michael has been smiling at everything that has been thrown at him by Rosberg this season, you better watch out for the old man in 2011 kid

Kubica did overtake a couple of drivers and it was fun to watch!

Else, there is nothing much to talk about this race. What a boring track to end the season!

@ GTO, Thanks for video, that just shows the dirty animal in Alonso and the reason why I hate him. He has been an exceptional driver otherwise!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks