Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 17:36   #1
BANNED

2010 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand prix - Yas Marina Circuit

Now, THIS IS IT....!

The most awaited and the grandest of the Finale's for the worlds costliest sport.

The 2010 F1 Season has gone down to give us a nail biting finish at this circuit.

The most beautiful of the Circuits in F1.Although the circuit shows, it favours the RedBulls the most, nothing can be said untill the chequered flag is waved at the finishing line. Vettel had it easy last year.

Yas Marina Circuit

Race Date: 14 Nov 2010
Number of Laps: 55
Circuit Length: 5.554 km
Race Distance: 305.361 km
Lap Record: 1:40.279 - S Vettel (2009)

Fri 12 November 2010

Practice 1 14:30 - 16:00
Practice 2 18:30 - 20:00

Sat 13 November 2010

Practice 3 15:30 - 16:30

Qualifying 18:30

Sun 14 November 2010

Race 18:30
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand prix - Yas Marina Circuit-abu_dhabi_yas_f1_main630_011102636x360.jpg  

2010 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand prix - Yas Marina Circuit-f1yasmarina.jpg  

2010 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand prix - Yas Marina Circuit-yasmarinacircuittrackmap.jpg  

Old 9th November 2010, 21:39   #2
BHPian

Spectacular venue !!

The main course building is somewhat similar to Allianz Arena Football Stadium in Germany, but a very spectacular venue though & very neatly designed circuit for a very fascinating weekend.
Supporting Alonso for driver's championship, though I am a true Schumi fan as he is driving for Ferrari .
Old 10th November 2010, 10:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Go CRY BABY Go... :-) Win the Driver's Championship.
But this track seems like it's most suited for Redbull, but it all depends on F-duct & straight line speed
Old 10th November 2010, 16:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Prediction :

Vettel will win the race but not the WDC
Not saying much more.. I dont want to jinx anything!
Old 11th November 2010, 13:33   #5
BHPian

RedBull owner Dietrich Mateschitz wants the drivers to race for the Championship

pitpass - the latest, hottest F1, GP2, GP2 Asia & GP3 news

The Press Association: Mateschitz defends Red Bull ethos
Old 11th November 2010, 13:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

^^ They are unnecessarily putting too much pressure on Webber. I am sure the RB management doesnt want Webber to win the Championship after all the sick things that has happened within this 'ex-cool' team.

If Webber wins, by all probabilities the No.1 would go to another car in 2011!
Old 11th November 2010, 13:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ They are unnecessarily putting too much pressure on Webber. I am sure the RB management doesnt want Webber to win the Championship after all the sick things that has happened within this 'ex-cool' team.

If Webber wins, by all probabilities the No.1 would go to another car in 2011!
Hasn't Webber signed on for 2011 with Red Bull or are you proposing he would jump ship if he becomes a Champion? The problem would be that there are no seats available with other good teams, hence he staying put would be his best move.
BTW my heart says Ferrari should win but I don't like that cry baby one bit.

Last edited by f1fan : 11th November 2010 at 13:58.
Old 11th November 2010, 14:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

There has been no positive sign from Redbull yet about retaining Webber for 2011 except for the contract which was signed after Monaco. Things have changed a lot after Monaco.

I am surprised Mateschitz said this about team orders in public. Horner was trying to take cover on team orders saying its upto the drivers to decide based on the situation on sunday. But, Mateschitz is sure he is not going to encourage a easy championship race for Webber. I only hope that the Redbulls have a clean race on Sunday.
Old 11th November 2010, 14:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
There has been no positive sign from Redbull yet about retaining Webber for 2011 except for the contract which was signed after Monaco. Things have changed a lot after Monaco.

I am surprised Mateschitz said this about team orders in public. Horner was trying to take cover on team orders saying its upto the drivers to decide based on the situation on sunday. But, Mateschitz is sure he is not going to encourage a easy championship race for Webber. I only hope that the Redbulls have a clean race on Sunday.
+1 to that. I was just wondering what would have happened if Vettel was second in the Championship and Webber third i.e. current places swapped. I am more than sure, they would have forced Webber to support Vettel come what may.
Old 11th November 2010, 15:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Most of this team order talk is based on the assumption that RedBull are going to have a 1-2. What if that doesn't happen?
I think we might see one of the RedBulls falling behind early in the race, leaving no scope for any team orders.
Old 11th November 2010, 15:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

There are not many races where the Redbull failed to be on the front row. However, it would be nice to have the order mixed!
Old 11th November 2010, 17:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Betting odds :
Mark Webber is the favourite to win in Abu Dhabi at 13/8, ahead of Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel at 9/4, (if there wasn't a title at stake Sebastian Vettel would be the favourite) but weirdly Fernando Alonso remains favourite for the title at 8/11 ahead of Webber at 6/4.

RBs should have the edge in terms of pure speed. Vettel can help Webber in the end.
Sadly Massa has been very dissapointing this yr. No help at all (except for the points).
No wonder Ferrari are 3rd in the Constructors, even with Alonso leading.

Ideally Massa should get right up there and finish ahead of the Red Bulls

Last edited by Hatari : 11th November 2010 at 17:27.
Old 11th November 2010, 17:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well Alonso is the favourite with the bookies simply because he has won the championship twice before. Barring a car failure, he is also the safest choice, given the number of mistakes from the Redbull drivers over the course of the season.
Old 11th November 2010, 17:37   #14
BHPian

Hey any follow up on the engine over heating on webbers car at the brazilian gp? The ambient temperature in brazil wasnt even that high yet he was saying he had overheating issues. I believe he is using the same engine isnt it?

I hope and pray the title comes down to a fair fight and is not decided by a crash or a mechanical DNF.

As a ferriari fan i do have to admit the circuit seems suited to Red Bulls cars, and it being a desert, i cant even pray for RAIN!!

All in all hoping for a fantastic race, if the team we support does not win this year, i guess there is always next year

Go Ferrari!
Old 11th November 2010, 17:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
As a ferriari fan i do have to admit the circuit seems suited to Red Bulls cars, and it being a desert, i cant even pray for RAIN!!

Go Ferrari!
You can actually...

Posted by Force India F1 on Facebook
Quote:
Here's a weird one for you. We're in the desert and the forecast for Friday is saying 15 - 20% chance of rain! Remember MotoGP in Qatar was cancelled this time last year because of storms. Our men in the know say it rains once a year for a week.
Btw, my friend is selling his Friday and Sunday tickets Dubizzle.com | 1 Sunday (final race of F1season; Prince concert) & 1 Friday (Kanye West concert; autograph session)
He only wants to see Linkin Park it seems

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks