Others 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 MotoGP discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM
Another shock (to Vale it is!) was Dovi getting the best of his Honda at the best possible time. He should get that 0.002 sec overtaking move image framed and hang in his drawing room.
Full credit should go to the Honda engine and the bike.
This is going to be the last straw for Rossi and he's pretty much gonna drill it into the ducati engineers for a more powerful engine.

That said, it was a BORING race.
Old 12th May 2011, 11:20   #62
BHPian

Couldn't agree with you more, nitrous! It was a very very boring race, the Portugese Moto GP! It was like the Formula1 Bahrain GP, 2010!
Old 12th May 2011, 12:09   #63
BHPian

Race weekend once Again guys, and its Le Mans this time. Lorenzo leading the rider's championship sheet followed by Pedrosa, Stoner and Rossi. I am sure this sheet will change towards the end , and the competition will be tight.

Whats the bet for LeMans

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

Rossi still doesn't seem to fit in with Ducati. Him with his Yamaha were perfect. Sad that Yamaha wouldn't respect how much Rossi gave back to the team.
Old 24th May 2011, 01:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Rossi still doesn't seem to fit in with Ducati. Him with his Yamaha were perfect. Sad that Yamaha wouldn't respect how much Rossi gave back to the team.
Go through Rossi's career to know about his move from Honda to Yamaha and Yamaha's performance prior to his arrival.

PS: He made podium with the Ducati at Le Mans, a week back.
Old 24th May 2011, 01:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

hmmm. My post was based on what i've seen over the past few years. But choosing to pay jorge more didn't seem right. But he still hasn't got into as good a stride as he was in his yamaha. Guess it'll take time.
Old 26th June 2011, 01:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Well, pretty boring race it was ! Apart from the dramatic first lap, there was nothing much. Full credit to Spies !
Old 26th June 2011, 01:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

First Pedrosa, now Lorenzo! Simoncelli must realize this is MotoGP, not Road Rash!
Old 26th June 2011, 19:26   #69
BHPian

Spies with the right set up. What a treat to watch. Talk about smoking the field. I'm hoping the team can keep this up. A first place finish on his second year, wow!! Didn't expect it this early in his career. He's almost certainly a future champion. Myself being a Duc guy, still am rooting for him all the way.
Stoner if he continues the form will be the man to beat this year. I'll be surprised if Lorenzo can keep his runs up.
Would love to see Rossi up in the points, but I don't think its going to be easy, not with all the young guns around. But to be consistently in the top 5 on a brand new bike and team. What a genius!!
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:51   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

What an enjoyable Italian MotoGP.....Tremendous performance by Lorenzo who fought his way from 4th to 1st place and also Ben Spies was spectalular in overtaking Simoncelli.

Is it me or the Yam's look too fast for the Honda's. In comparison Honda's seemed to struggle to keep up with them and were swerving fishtailing all over the place.

I am disappointed to see my hero ( Rossi) struggle this season and looking at the championship points, i dont think he has any chances to win the championship. This time its clearly between Stoner and Lorenzo and wont be surprised if Lorenzo beats Stoner who is leading the points table.

Ben Spies is turning out to be a revelation and even Hector Barbara. Both Barbara and Simoncelli who moved up from the 250cc are doing pretty well and riding right up with the top guys.

Strange enough. Top Speeds mean nothing in this highly competitive racing. Hector clocked the highest speed in this race ( 335kmph) and came in overall 7th whilst Lorenza top speed was only 327kmph...Hmmm

I have been following Marco Simoncelli right from his 250cc days. but, unable to figure out one thing. Why does he stick his leg out so far wide out during tight corners? Anyone knows?

Can't wait for the next one on July 17th at Dresden, Germany !!!!
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

+1 Avi..I enjoyed the race to see Lorenzo cross the chequered flag on his Yamaha.I agree about The Doctor and Ducati are not getting good results.But Rossi is still the best for me.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:22   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have been following Marco Simoncelli right from his 250cc days. but, unable to figure out one thing. Why does he stick his leg out so far wide out during tight corners? Anyone knows?
Rossi was one of the first to regularly do this, although he doesn't seem to do it as much on the Ducati as he did on the Yamaha.
The reason that these guys all give is it is an aid to weight transfer! It helps them to get into the corner better by helping move the weight to the edge.
I think that there is also the potential to increase drag which would also help to pull them towards the corner!

Simoncelli seems to stick his leg out much more than the others though -- maybe it's because his legs are much longer!

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th July 2011 at 00:03. Reason: Removed the bold and Italics :)
Albert is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 02:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is it me or the Yam's look too fast for the Honda's. In comparison Honda's seemed to struggle to keep up with them and were swerving fishtailing all over the place.
Hondas are definitely the quickest around the track.It's Lorenzo's desperation which makes the Yamaha look fast.On the straights you can see the power of the Honda.Honda is more powerful but Yamaha is a better handler.

As of today's race,I guess there were some issues with Stoner's bike (incorrect tire pressure for the conditions) and that's why his Honda was sliding all over.I am no Stoner fan and I do NOT deny the fact that Lorenzo rode really-really well today but if it weren't for the issues nobody could have snatched the race like that from Stoner today.He's a pretty fast chap..
Old 4th July 2011, 09:43   #74
BHPian

Real smart racing by Lorenzo. Stoner blew it by poor tire management. Looks like he pushed too hard too early. The race was his for the taking.

Spies is absolutely coming and coming hard, just like I expected. The bike has some ways to go yet to be a perfect set up for him but, the progress is clearly visible. I didn't really expect a podium finish till the latter part of the season. When I first saw him racing in the Superbike series it was clear that he'll be one of the greats of this generation barring any untoward injuries. Let's hope he'll deliver on the promise.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:41   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Stoner blew it by poor tire management. Looks like he pushed too hard too early. The race was his for the taking.
I thought so to until the interview. It appears that his tyre pressure was slightly too high. As the race went on and the tyre got hotter the pressure increased and he had a smaller contact patch with both front and rear tyres! (or so he said!)

For me the were some top class rides yesterday. Lorenzo just never gave up and Dovi was so good I was left to wonder if he could have actually taken the win if he had managed to overtake Stoner about 6 laps sooner!
Ben Spies had a great race and it was a good reward for him to be able to claim 4th place after such a good battle with Simoncelli!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks