Team-BHP - SHOCK! Alonso joins Mclaren!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   SHOCK! Alonso joins Mclaren!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/9317-shock-alonso-joins-mclaren.html)

Okok...now that I have your attention, this is for 2007 and not 2006!

But it still is a shock. Remember what Ron Dennis had to say about Alonso - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...hlight=respect

Well, this has a snowball effect:

1. Rumours about Kimi going to Ferrari in 2007 may just be true!
2. 2006 may indeed be Schumi's last season
3. What is also shocking is that Ferrari's main sponsor - Vodafone, is now the title sponsor for Mclaren Mercedes!
4. That adds to the rumour that Schumi will quite in 2006.

The funny seasons' started early !

This is indeed shocking :Shockked: and I am not sure its a wise move.
Guess it is the end of the road for schumi in 2006 end.

It is a huge shock! Though good for Alonso. Don't know whom to support. Favorite driver in a team I hate or the driver I dislike in my favorite team. Desperate help needed :(

Meanwhile let's enjoy 2006 :)

Well well the silly season is under way before it has actually started. And we arent even in the new year yet. Looks like Ron has given Fernando a deal he cant refuse.

And after all those denials looks like Kimi will indeed drive the scarlet car in 2007. Schumi will very well hang up his helmet but will certainly be on the Ferrari team in a technical role.

2007 will be awesome. I wish they still had the V10s though

hmmmm... very very shocking news and i feel that this was annouced too early ... Now what will be team Renault be thinking about there lead World Champion driver who is quitting their team and joining their rivals ., in this year ... they will not be behind him as they were in 2005 ..
But i am very sure now that Kimi is heading into Ferrari team...

Kimi could also end up in a swap and go to Renault. I think he'll go to whoever has the better car by the middle of the season.

Woh, schocking indeed! But at least the Mclaren driver line-up will still be strong. This could mean that KR has already signed up at ferrari but nothing has yet been disclosed.

Judging by most of Kimi's fans, i think he'll be better off driving for Ferrari. The Kimi fans were getting as annoying as the ferrari fans towards the endof the season.

This reallly is very shocking... wonder what Renault had to say for that..... But look on the bright side.... this all leads to one thing.. there will more even more fierce competition in the 2007 season.
But is Schumi really quitting?? I was hoping for him to regain his title in the 2006 season.. if ferrari are indeed coming back as they claim. If ferrari doesn't have a competitive car in the near future, Kimi going to ferrari is just a very bad move !!!

I read the news earlier this afternoon but didnt have time to post. Vodafone leaving ferrari will not affect schumacher at all. I think that most likely JPM will leave Mclaren as he is the weaker driver. Kimi will not want to go to ferrari. It does seem like 2006 will be schumacher last year but that will entirley depend on how he does. If honda do well next year (which is very possible as they are now owned completley by honda and BAR is not ivolved) JPM could go there for 2007 leaving schumahcer at ferrari and kimi + alonso at McLaren.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
I wish they still had the V10s though

Yup. Formula 1 has always been the showcase of motorsport innovation and pushing the absolute limits of human engineering and excellence. This has been done with the safety factor in consideration right? F1 just got a little boring, IMO.

Cheers
Harish

Now that is what I call a SHOCK...will 2006 be the last season Schumi's? Good for Alonso though and if I must say...good for Kimi too(ie. if hes going to move to Ferrari at the end of the next season).
Looks like McLaren are on a roll...stealing Ferrari's Sponsor...stealing Renault's no.1 Driver. They might end up having a great package for 2007 if they send Montoya packing from the team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
Now that is what I call a SHOCK...will 2006 be the last season Schumi's? Good for Alonso though and if I must say...good for Kimi too(ie. if hes going to move to Ferrari at the end of the next season).
Looks like McLaren are on a roll...stealing Ferrari's Sponsor...stealing Renault's no.1 Driver. They might end up having a great package for 2007 if they send Montoya packing from the team.

Can't help but wonder... with all the shuffles, does anyone think Narain has a better chance in 2007 ? Hopefully he will shine in his testing rolw and land up in a decent team for 2007....

I just hope this is speculation!! I cant think of Alonso in a Mclaren and Kimi in a Ferrari. Its scary!

I dont think this will help Narain as it is very possible that renault will just make and easy choice and pick Heki Kovalinen as the 2nd driver for 2007. Heki is very underrated, hes been giving the job as the number 3 driver for renault at the moment. He came second in the GP2 series behing Nico Rosberg and ahead of Scott Speed and Flavio Briatore is his manger. Kovalinen also beat Schumahcer at the race of champions last year. So to sum it all up i dont think This will help Narian

narains nowhere in the picture as far as replacing the Renault driver ..

Honestly,I'd hate to see kimi drive a ferrari ..
ever ,thot of the montoya moving to another team?
@rtech - where di you hear about this ??