Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2004, 02:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

just came in..

"Giancarlo Fisichella's two-season deal at Renault was settled at Hockenheim and will be announced by the Formula One team on Wednesday, according to reports.

The Roman, who drove for Enstone's former 'Benetton' incarnation from 1998 to 2001, has spent the past three seasons at privateer teams Jordan and Sauber.

But he was a wanted man for '05 and has turned down a solid BMW- Williams offer in a deal brokered by Flavio Briatore who also manages Jaguar's Mark Webber.

Renault's Briatore agreed that the Australian could go to Frank Williams' camp but only if the knighted chief agreed not to sign the courted Fisichella, 31."

how smart is Flavio !

it will make for good racing tho.. Fisi in an under rated driver..
think he'l pair up with alonso really well...
but thats all i'l say bout renault..
my loyalties will shift to Toyota.. with Trulli !
( have already been taking a keen interest in their lap times )
Old 28th July 2004, 12:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, Things finally come around for Fisi. He sure was kicking himself in the butt after his seat got exchanged with Trully - Jordan to Benetton and vice versa!!

My Brother really likes Fisi....sure is going to be fireworks with BMW and Renault's exciting driver line-up.

GTO
Old 28th July 2004, 12:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

This is the litmus test for Fissi. His make or break contract. So far he has eclipsed each and every one of his teammates, but now he has a real test ahead of him with one of the best drivers - Alonso.

If Fisi does well at Renault, he will no doubt remain with one of the top temas for a few more years to come. However, if for some reason he does not deliver, I'm afraid he would have lost his chance and will be relegated to the mid-field teams at best till he retires.

I am a Fisi fan and can't wait to see him in a great car finally!

Rtech

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks