Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2006, 15:31   #1
BHPian

Only a whisper

"Speculation suggests that Super Aguri's main sponsor, Japanese corporation Softbank, could have pulled out. The replacement? Again, it's only a whisper, but 'Tata' - Karthikeyan's major backer - has been mentioned. "

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/04012006/...-f1-radar.html
Old 4th January 2006, 15:56   #2
BHPian

It Could be true... Wish it's true :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
"it's only a whisper, but 'Tata' - Karthikeyan's major backer - has been mentioned. "

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/04012006/...-f1-radar.html
I remember reading somewhere this morning that a source close to Narain mentioned that he is close to landing a better deal, something that Narain would take and which will make him refuse the offer for a second test driver from Williams even if THEY pay him.

So... could this be it ? well.... I only hope it comes true. We should hopefully know the outcome by 15th Jan when the deal is supposed to go through.
Old 4th January 2006, 17:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

I hope Narain gets to drive races this season too.But, it should be with a good team.
Old 5th January 2006, 00:10   #4
BHPian

It will be embarissing for Narain and Aguri next year. The cars are most likely going to be based on Arrows Chassis' (almost 5 years old) and parts form Honda plus with a driver like Narain its not going to be a good combo. What i mean by that is a really bad car and a half decent driver is not a good combo.
Old 5th January 2006, 09:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaamin
It will be embarissing for Narain and Aguri next year. The cars are most likely going to be based on Arrows Chassis' (almost 5 years old) and parts form Honda plus with a driver like Narain its not going to be a good combo. What i mean by that is a really bad car and a half decent driver is not a good combo.
There is a report in NDTV this morning that Narain may get the second driver's spot @ Super Aguri F1. He sure is desperate for a formula 1 drive.

Lets keep our fingers crossed
Old 5th January 2006, 09:47   #6
BHPian

Here's another report:- from the Telegraph-Calcutta
"
Super Aguri may rope in Narain
New Delhi: Narain Karthikeyan was in contention for a Formula One driver’s seat with the sport’s new entrant Super Aguri F1 of Japan, media reports said on Wednesday.
Aguri were set to get the go ahead from FIA, motorsports’ world governing body, to field a full-fledged team in 2006.
Takumo Sato, who was fired by Bar-Honda at the end of 2005 season, was said to have been signed up as the first driver.
The 29-year old first Indian F1 driver, however, faced stiff competition from many, including Sakon Yamamoto.
Meanwhile, Williams F1 has confirmed that it could still sign up Karthikeyan for the coming season.
"

Most Viewed