Team-BHP - Jaguar to quit F1!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Jaguar to quit F1!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/975-jaguar-quit-f1.html)

According to this F1 Live Article, Ford has confirmed that Jaguar will be quiting F1.

Unsurprisingly I would say. Research has revealed that the brand value of Jaguar actually went down after their entry (and dismal performances) in Formula One.

It aint a sport for the boys,

GTO

It was a mistake to use the Jaguar name in F1. They should have stuck with Ford, as it has more history in F1.

Jaguar has always been known for their GT racers, and if they had spent have their F1 budget on that, they would be winners.

Still though, I'm sad to see it go!

But this is F1, and what's "confirmed" today can easily be "unconfirmed" tomorrow!!

Rt

This was told in Race Day prior to Italian Gp ... Its sad to see Jaguar going but .... Came in 2000 had only 5 yrs in F1

Good they realised it soon.

Ford brought the Jaguar name in F1 to compete with Mercedes and BMW. But, with a budget less than 1/3rd of the top teams, one cannot expect wins. When you don't win, your fans get worked up and your brand equity goes down. Rtech has rightly pointed out that Jaguar should have stuck to GT racing. They are doing well there. Jaguar Racing fans and members had voiced their opinion about how they felt on seeing a Jaguar lose. They had questioned the feasibilty of playing around in Formula 1 when they were doing so well in GT racing.
Sad to see my favourite marque go out in this fashion!

.....and the Bernie circus continues
What surprises me is that Minardi is still in F1!

the consequences are grave..
F1 cant run with just 18 cars on the grid..
it requires between 20 & 26 cars for a race

if no one buys out jaguar ( F3000 team Arden are considering it )
then one/two of the existing teams will have to run a third car !
now how will that be decided.. and who could it be !!!

it could get really complicated

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Hatari @ Sep. 18 2004,20:28)]now how will that be decided.. and who could it be !!!

who knows!

the team replacing jag could be a hyundai f1 team!!!LOL!!!

but what i would love to see is an ndian team like tata f1 racing or something with our goood old narain at the helm

What about VW? Weren't they planning an entry into F1 about the same time that Toyota was?

I guess they said that Jaguar would quit, but Ford will enter. Its going to be Ford next year. At least thats what I thought I heard on raceday.

okay I just checked on ITV-F1 , Ford's not entering but they are selling the team, sorry for the misunderstanding. Minardi and Jordan might have problems next year because Ford is also selling engine-supplier Cosworth.

entering F1 is a gigantic step.. the commitment required is.. esp. in monetary terms is substantial..
the min. budget required to enter F1 is around $40 million ( the budget Minardi are on )
Tata racing's current team budget.. i'm guessing..would be around $10-12 million

F3000 team Arden said they cud raise a max. of $20 million.. which isnt enough..

hope the FIA find a solution...
and hope that minardi & jordan find engine solutions