Old 27th March 2011, 20:01   #61
mgh
BHPian

Re: Australian Grand Prix 2011

sauber have appealed
Old 27th March 2011, 20:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Boy, that Renault is fast! Provided Kubica gets back to racing and if they keep up the rate of development, no reason why they cannot win the odd race this season. Webber as usual, looked silly in his home race. No prizes for guessing the pecking order at Redbull now.
Old 28th March 2011, 00:00   #63
BHPian

First points for Force India although through the back door and pending an appeal after both Saubers were disqualified. Impressive start for Paul di Resta in his first race, Adrian Sutil has an able team mate now. But Force India need to work hard if they want to achieve VJM's dream of making a podium on the Indian GP.

Last edited by amitku : 28th March 2011 at 00:07.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:02   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I wonder if RBs can convert their qualifying pace into race pace.

McLaren, as reports say, were trying to route the exhaust through multiple outlets to blow the floor (I guess), but were not getting the desired result and also one of the substance that was needed to make it work, was banned. Now after reverting to conventional setup they are running good.
I guess as per the 2011 rules we cannot have a cut-out in the floor and not have more than 2 exhausts per car, don't remember but have read it somewhere

any ways

Brilliant race; And My thoughts
1)sure DRS didn't prove to be very effective as they claimed to be ( (Eg. the duel between button and massa)
2) Mercedes and Ferrari are not as good as they were in testing
3) Mclaren were surely sandbagging
4) Force India need to buckle up and get some good technical personal (or Andy green needs to work harder and smarter)
5) If vettel didnt use Kers in the whole race and qualifying which is apparently worth 3 sec in a lap don't know how much more faster will they be or will they lose out on brake bias
6) At least in this race webber was truly driving like he was sleeping
7) Sauber and Renault is quick as per their testing form

P.S And also since it is the first race there might be some blips, we might get the right order in a couple of races

Last edited by raj.barcode : 28th March 2011 at 11:05.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:59   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
5) If vettel didnt use Kers in the whole race and qualifying which is apparently worth 3 sec in a lap don't know how much more faster will they be or will they lose out on brake bias
No not really! With KERS means the cars will use tall gear ratios to effectively use the KERS system and without KERS it means that you simply have the flexibility in having the gear ratios best suited for a track. The team decided to run their cars without KERS in OZ. It was BS from Horner claiming reliability problems as the reason.

BTW, it was in agreement between the teams that mandated use of KERS through the season to control any advantage gained from not using a KERS but then RB has calmly ignored the KERS. Nothing punishable, but then...

One more interesting fact to be seen through the season is when a RB car gets mixed up with the pack. The RB cars generate so much downforce that negates the top speed advantage the DRS is expected to generate. Thats the reason why the RB boys were crying to Charlie about banning the use of DRS in Qualifying as well!!
Old 28th March 2011, 12:58   #66
NGM
BHPian

My thoughts about the race.
1)RBR is too good and a superb racing by Vettel.webber shown his place in the team.
2)Mclaren will challenge RBR soon for both titles.
3)Alonso drove well.But Ferrari has to replace Massa if they want to win consturctors championship.
4)With Renault's current form i really miss Kubica.Kudos to petrov for his first podium.Can they bring in Kimi instead of Heidfeld?
Old 28th March 2011, 15:00   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
No not really! With KERS means the cars will use tall gear ratios to effectively use the KERS system and without KERS it means that you simply have the flexibility in having the gear ratios best suited for a track. The team decided to run their cars without KERS in OZ. It was BS from Horner claiming reliability problems as the reason.

Last i read somewhere in James allen blog i guess that Vettel and Webeer are using start only kers; which i thought was a little weird
Old 28th March 2011, 15:17   #68
BHPian

Webber finished 5th - which he also did on his debut racing a Minardi nine years ago. Interesting how with a world-championship winning car he finishes pretty much exactly the same place as he does with a back-bencher...
Old 28th March 2011, 15:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last i read somewhere in James allen blog i guess that Vettel and Webeer are using start only kers; which i thought was a little weird
Red Bull uses a compact KERS system which will be used only for the initial boost during the race start. thats what Steve Slater was explaining during the race.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was just a speculation by the paddock experts!
Old 28th March 2011, 15:44   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Red Bull uses a compact KERS system which will be used only for the initial boost during the race start. thats what Steve Slater was explaining during the race.
Steve Slater at times gets a bit too excited and end up making wrong comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
That was just a speculation by the paddock experts!
Indeed. After Sunday's race, Christian Horner revealed that the team had decided not to use their Kers power-boost system after Friday.

Reference: BBC - Andrew Benson: Awesome Vettel lays down intimidating marker
Old 28th March 2011, 15:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Webber finished 5th - which he also did on his debut racing a Minardi nine years ago. Interesting how with a world-championship winning car he finishes pretty much exactly the same place as he does with a back-bencher...
Whats the big deal in finishing 5th out of 8 that too 2 laps down ?
~~~~
One guy I was happy for this race was Petrov, guess he had a tough time last season pretty much being out-qualified by Kubica every race.
~~~~
Just curious, why does Ferrari persist with Massa ? He doesnt seem to get great qualifying laps nor results for the kind of machinery he drives.
Old 28th March 2011, 16:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Because he was driving a Minardi which was the poorest team on the grid and he finished ahead of a Toyota and a Jaguar which were better teams than his.
Old 28th March 2011, 16:33   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
~~~~
One guy I was happy for this race was Petrov, guess he had a tough time last season pretty much being out-qualified by Kubica every race.
~~~~
Just curious, why does Ferrari persist with Massa ? He doesnt seem to get great qualifying laps nor results for the kind of machinery he drives.

I think thats what he meant, that he brought a WC winning team car to the same place as a grid filler.

As far as ferrari and massa,well, i'm not a ferrari fan by any means, but massa seems to be a scrapper,no.
He really starts pushing and worrying everybody when backed into a corner.
additionally, for want of better talent willing to move to ferrari, and worse, put up with alonso as a team-mate.

Last edited by mayankk : 28th March 2011 at 16:34.
Old 28th March 2011, 16:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

Massa appears as a too nice a guy to be a F1 driver. I don't know why, can't put my finger on it exactly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks