Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2004, 17:44   #1
F50
Senior - BHPian

Race Weekend is yet to approach and there are dramas already at Suzuka Circuit.

Just completed Friday Session which was completely wet.
Michael Schumacher headed the time sheets, followed by Fisichella who was seven tenths slower.

Rain was predicted for the race but now theres a storm approaching Suzuka known as Ma-On ... And during qualifying winds are expected to rise to 100mph ... which is very risky n keeping the conditions in mind ...

FIA was approached by drivers for keeping qualifying on Sunday.

So are we set to see first Sunday Qualifying?
Sounds Exciting !!!

Source: F1live

Old 8th October 2004, 17:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Should be an exciting race this time around the Weirtmeister will be back

Michael Schumacher it is

Dippy
Old 8th October 2004, 17:47   #3
F50
Senior - BHPian

I think Rain Master should dominate this one ....
It should be raining all the way which will make the race very exciting ...

Still remember Malaysian GP 2001 .. it was raining ... Both Ferraris off at one corner, waiting behind each other in pits ... wat a race
Old 8th October 2004, 17:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Its official. F1's first ever Sunday qualifying session (i think its the first!) However, this is bad news for Indian viewers, as we now have to wake up at 5am to watch qulaifying live!

Suzuka in the wet...thats gonna be one awesome race!

Rt

Old 8th October 2004, 18:06   #5
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Oct. 08 2004,16:25)]Its official. F1's first ever Sunday qualifying session (i think its the first!) However, this is bad news for Indian viewers, as we now have to wake up at 5am to watch qulaifying live!

Rt
They are showing it on Star Sports? If they are then im ON ... Only two races so left 5am not a prob
Old 8th October 2004, 18:11   #6
BHPian

i'm up for it too, im gonna watch it if they are showing it live, as for the race, i have no idea whos gonna win, but im sure its gonna be a great race to watch, with these kinda weather conditions, no predictions for the race
Old 8th October 2004, 22:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well,some updates for u guys.....
There is a heavy cyclone expected about 100km from the circuit on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.Everything should be cleared up b4 the race as the newspapers state.Lets hope the same,else the race will have to be postponed.

As for winning,Suzuka has always been Schumacher but i hope for a change this year.So its JPM or Kimi for me.

X
Old 8th October 2004, 22:52   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I expect dramas like Malaysia (or was it Brazil) 2003. Its going to be one chaotic race and not wise to predict winners right away.

GTO
Old 9th October 2004, 01:57   #9
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Oct. 08 2004,21:22)]I expect dramas like Malaysia (or was it Brazil) 2003. Its going to be one chaotic race and not wise to predict winners right away.

GTO
Yup it was Brazil ... and the most expensive corner was Turn 3 I think 5 or 6 cars crashed over there including Michael ....
Old 9th October 2004, 03:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

driving at suzuka when its completely wet is pretty dangerous..the spray blinds drivers
hope the rain stays away and lets us feast on some racing !
Old 9th October 2004, 12:10   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think that the championship showdown in Suzuka Y2000 was to die for. The way that Hakkinen and Schumacher drove the pants off their cars and totally outclassed the rest of the field spoke of a battle between true champions.

I remember David not having a clue of how Schumy and Mika did it with a "I couldnt see anything. Hats off to those guys"

GTO
Old 9th October 2004, 12:11   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well,some updates for u guys.....
There is a heavy cyclone expected about 100km from the circuit on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.Everything should be cleared up b4 the race as the newspapers state.Lets hope the same,else the race will have to be postponed.
Hey X Machine, are you going for the race?

GTO
Old 9th October 2004, 21:24   #13
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Oct. 09 2004,10:40)]I think that the championship showdown in Suzuka Y2000 was to die for. The way that Hakkinen and Schumacher drove the pants off their cars and totally outclassed the rest of the field spoke of a battle between true champions.

I remember David not having a clue of how Schumy and Mika did it with a "I couldnt see anything. Hats off to those guys"

GTO
Ya spot on ....
A spinned Benetton just before pitlane entrance n Schumi decides to come in and that 6.0 sec pitsop was to die for, still remember Michael just leaving pits and u can see Mika just entering Start-Finish Line ...
Old 9th October 2004, 21:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Oct. 09 2004,10:41)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well,some updates for u guys.....
Hey X Machine, are you going for the race?

GTO
Unfortunately,nopes....its a 6 hour drive from where i stay,Tokyo.The weather too is real bad and warnings have been issued to drive on the Highway.So no race this time around.
I wish i cud've turned this into a hat-trick!

Anyways,as per the Japanese news,its real windy and raining like crazy at Suzuka!!!
The qualifying has been postponed to 9am Japanese time.Its gonna be a damn tough race too with wet track n stuff.
Lets hope all goes well......

X
Old 9th October 2004, 21:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Japanese GP is one of my fav GP's so i'll definitely be up at 5 am, if it is going to be at 5 am....what if the storm is too much for the cars and the race is cancelled??(touchwood), will they have a race on Monday??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks