Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2004, 01:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how many of you have noticed the way the F1 world looks at Michael Schumacher and the way the thoughts change race by race...

What I mean to say is that when he is winning and dominating people and critics say hes the best there is and sometimes that hes making it the sport boring and etc..

And if one race he doesnt do well every one starts saying that hes lost focus or that his time is up and hes no longer as motivated. Heard lotsa such comments after the Chinese GP.

And what does MS do? Comes back and blows the rest of the grid to smithereens at Suzuka

Why is it opinions change for MS race to race? I dont think thats fair. What he has achieved .. those are records which will be very difficult to break in time to come

Lets have your say on this guys

Dippy
Old 11th October 2004, 10:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats the problem if a person is that successful! Win or lose, critics still find faults in you!
Old 11th October 2004, 12:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

This is like our very own cricket team! They lose 5 matches and the whole country calls them losers. Then they go out and just about win 1 match, and the country is in love with them again...showering them with money and apartments and advertising contracts.

Then they go and lose again!

Rt
Old 11th October 2004, 12:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Oct. 11 2004,10:45)]This is like our very own cricket team! They lose 5 matches and the whole country calls them losers. Then they go out and just about win 1 match, and the country is in love with them again...showering them with money and apartments and advertising contracts.

Then they go and lose again!

Rt
Thats exactly what i was supposed to answer , RT. same words u read my mind there .
Old 11th October 2004, 12:30   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As the saying goes - In this sport, you are only as good as your last performance.

GTO
Old 11th October 2004, 13:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah i agree wid GTO even wid Valentino Rossi.. tho when he fails its attributed to the bad machine(yamaha) he is riding..
Old 11th October 2004, 16:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

i know.. esp. after china.. there were comments flying around saying he was too old and had lost that edge !
what madness !
Old 11th October 2004, 16:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]there were comments flying around saying he was too old
Well dont know bout that but he certainly makes the younger guys on the grid feel old

Dippy
Old 11th October 2004, 16:20   #9
BHPian

they are critics man, thats what they do, it will never change, it happens in every sport, if they stop criticising they wont know what to do
Old 8th November 2004, 05:39   #10
Team-BHP Support

no matter watt the hell the critics say , n even though my fav driver is barrichelo , michael is a legend in every sense of the word ,

and a legend whose career is not yet over , there s a lotta business he yet intends on doin . . . .

watt i basically mean is that mayb we re through with the main course but the desserts are yet to be served ! ! ! ! ! hats off to you sir !!!

manson .
Old 8th November 2004, 11:12   #11
zen
BHPian

I'm sick of pieces like Formula One Needs A New Spark [rediff.com]. In this particular one, the writer wants Schumi to shift to Toyota and imitate Rossi's shift to Yamaha to liven things up a little! How do people forget MS shifted to Ferrari just after winning 2 championships with Benetton!?

2004 also made the championship a 5-way battle (ok, a 4-way battle for 2nd place) but, is the onus on the other teams to improve or for Ferrari to stop progress?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks