Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:09   #1

Greetings BHPians, from MONIL...

Hello guyz,

I am Monil S Singhal. I got my membership on third attempt, and was delighted to join the Team-BHP. Somebody has rightly said, Patience is bitter, but it bears sweetest fruits.

Now about me, I am an Engineer (Computer Science), but I am crazy about automobiles. Up until recently I was more into motorcyles, but now I have come to realize that I was missing a lot by not indulging in cars.

I am a proud owner of 1988 Royal Enfield 350. Riding an Enfield is like being on the top of the world. As long as the Bull thumps, you cannot think of anything else. I have modified it a little bit in terms of looks. Here is the pic of the same :
Greetings BHPians, from MONIL...-image1329.jpg

Now that's all I have to say about my love for automobiles. I hope to learn a lot of things from this forum and also contribute to it in any way possible. Team-BHP has helped me a lot regarding my vehicles.

Finally, thank you again for accepting me as a member of Team-BHP.
I also own a 2003 Hyundai Santro Zip Plus. It is a very nice car for the first time small budget car owners. Never had any kind of trouble with it, and thus I fell in love with Hyundai, and it was time to buy a second car for the home.

After around 5 months of thorough research and test driving lots and lots of cars, I finally zeroed in on i20 CRDI Sportz. I was aware of the infamous steering rattle problem and non-existent AC, but as my friend had bought it last summer, and was very happy with it, I decided to go for it. After all, it is a damn good car with lots and lots of features.

I booked mine in Feb '11 and after waiting for over 2 months and almost cancelling it (thank god it was just almost), I finally got the delivery of my Sleek Silver i20 CRDI Sportz. Here is the pic of the car :
Greetings BHPians, from MONIL...-dscn3832-compressed.jpg

Finally I would like to say that I hope to learn a lot from this forum and also contribute to it, in any way possible. It is one of the few genuine forums with strict rules, and that is what makes it the best. Proud to be a BHPian.
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Greetings BHPians, from MONIL...

Welcome aboard Monil.... And congrats for your new i20. I too have booked an i20 and expecting it in another 10 days time.

In the other thread on i20 tips & tricks, in you foto on playing songs via BT, i saw the outside temperature showing as 38 degree celsius. How is i20 AC coping up with that heat?

-Ravi
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
...In the other thread on i20 tips & tricks, in you foto on playing songs via BT, i saw the outside temperature showing as 38 degree celsius. How is i20 AC coping up with that heat?

-Ravi
The AC is working perfectly for me. Even when I kept the car in sun for almost 4 hours in souring heat, the whole cabin cooled down in a matter on minutes.
When I first sat in that hot cabin and started the engine, for about 30 seconds I thought that the reviews were right and the AC is crappy, but after that suddenly the temperature started to drop and was chilled in a matter of minutes.

I know that now are not the hottest days of the year, but I don't think the AC will be much of a problem. I think it will be able to cope with the summer easily. Rest, we will have to wait and watch. Fingers crossed.
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, Monil. Here's one place where you can't say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon'l View Post
Now that's all I have to say about my love for automobiles.

So let's hear more about your RE and it's maintenance & modifications on a separate ownership thread too. And what about the AC on the i20? Do you find it sufficiently effective in peak afternoon heat in Jaipur at this time? Will need to know how it behaves in the afternoon 2 months later too!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed