Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 14:19   #1
BHPian

Hi friends

This is venkatkumar from coimbatore and i would like to introduce myself. I am 49 years old and i run our families cotton spinning mills at coimbatore. I am very excited that i have become a member of the forum.
Outside the automobile field my interest is dogs.I have 5 Cairn terriers and i think i can take the liberty of saying that they are the best in india.I dont breed them anymore as it is really tough grooming them and keeping them in good shape.
Now coming to cars i used to be fascinated about them from a young age. I still vividly remember how much i looked forward to going for a drive in my grandfathers Dodge Kingsway.Later my dad had a Renault and subsequently a Simca which were bought from the STC at Delhi.This was inbetween 1965 and 1969. If my memory serves me right my dads driver had not kept a watch on the oil levels in the Simcas differential and the differential broke down and the car had been sold and towed away.After that it was a no for any imported car.I presently own a INNOVA and a new Honda CITY.
About 3 years ago i was going for a walk in Coonoor and saw an old car being loaded on to a truck and just had a look.It was one of the most beautiful cars i had ever seen in my life.It was either a 1926 or1936 Bently and i was given to understand that it had been previously owned by one of the Maharajahs,either Travancore or Cochin.I have always been interested in antique and classic cars but this Bently was something out of the ordinary.Hope i have not bored any of you and i will keep in touch.
Bye and regards to all
Venkatkumar
Old 10th May 2011, 19:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hi friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat kumar View Post
This is venkatkumar from coimbatore and i would like to introduce myself. I am 49 years old and i run our families cotton spinning mills at coimbatore. I am very excited that i have become a member of the forum.
Outside the automobile field my interest is dogs.I have 5 Cairn terriers and i think i can take the liberty of saying that they are the best in india.I dont breed them anymore as it is really tough grooming them and keeping them in good shape.
Now coming to cars i used to be fascinated about them from a young age. I still vividly remember how much i looked forward to going for a drive in my grandfathers Dodge Kingsway.Later my dad had a Renault and subsequently a Simca which were bought from the STC at Delhi.This was inbetween 1965 and 1969. If my memory serves me right my dads driver had not kept a watch on the oil levels in the Simcas differential and the differential broke down and the car had been sold and towed away.After that it was a no for any imported car.I presently own a INNOVA and a new Honda CITY.
About 3 years ago i was going for a walk in Coonoor and saw an old car being loaded on to a truck and just had a look.It was one of the most beautiful cars i had ever seen in my life.It was either a 1926 or1936 Bently and i was given to understand that it had been previously owned by one of the Maharajahs,either Travancore or Cochin.I have always been interested in antique and classic cars but this Bently was something out of the ordinary.Hope i have not bored any of you and i will keep in touch.
Bye and regards to all
Venkatkumar
Welcome aboard, Venkatkumar!

You'll fit right into the Team with your interests! Would love to know more about your Father's Dodge - My grandfather also had one!

I guess you'll really enjoy the vintage section
Old 17th May 2011, 15:36   #3
BHPian

Hi Anekho
All i remember about the Dodge is that it was painted in a double colour of light blue and dark blue and the no was MDC9091.I was probably six or seven when it was sold off .Much later probably in the early 80's we bought another one from Chennai bearing the no7997,which was with us only for a couple of years and then sold.I hear that this car is presently in Bangalore but i am really curious to know whether 9091 survived.
Venkat Kumar
Old 17th May 2011, 16:53   #4
BHPian

So here is another T-BHPian from Coimbatore, Land of Auto Enthusiasts !!

Welcome Aboard Sir !
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:46   #5
BHPian

Hi
Nice to hear from another TBHPian from Coimbatore.My contact no is 9363123964.
Regards
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks