Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 09:49   #1
BHPian

Learning to fly

The title should have been 'drive' I suppose. But could think of no better way than the avatar and the thread title to indicate my interest in music.

But this is about cars, so.. Came across this forum a couple of years back and was happy to be an 'anonymous coward' (any slashdot visitors here?) most of the while, though I must admit that visits were an 'on-and-off' affair, more off than on.

After the first rejection (is that customary?), my second try after a couple of weeks was successful and here I am. Thanks moderators. I am obliged. And dont worry, I go real slow on the smilies.

Currently on the lookout for my first sedan in India and my wish is to be able to make an informed and satisfactory decision. Yes, I think stats in the brochures and specifications are just stats, until they have a perspective attached. I could find no better place than Team-BHP with its assortment of perspectives.

And for a personal intro, yes Bangalore translates to IT, IT to code coolie and software herd. About 7 years back, the itch really got out of hands and I took the plunge to co-found a venture. Glad I did that.

Thanks again, mods and members.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Learning to fly

Let me be the first to welcome you.Welcome Praveen.Have a great time here. Me too got here in the second try.All the best for your lookout for your first sedan.Do write a review after the purchase of your dream car.
Regards
Sreehari

Last edited by shk 8896 : 13th May 2011 at 11:06.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard pravingmh!

I saw the title and I was damn sure to find another Pink Floyd fan here! Hopefully, you will be a regular visiter to this online automotive nirvana from now on, and I am looking forward to bump into you in the forum section for some interesting discussions!

Have a great time here and do visit the TBHP rules and announcements sections!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 13th May 2011 at 11:37.
Old 13th May 2011, 14:18   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Pravin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
After the first rejection (is that customary?)
Obviously not! We don't have the inclination or infrastructure to remember handles & maintain a count (rejected members are also hard deleted from the system). Several members get onboard on the first try. However, the reason for the second try being very successful is that, you only realise how serious we are about the "Why Team-BHP?" and "Which Policy" notes after a rejection.
Old 13th May 2011, 14:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard Pravin!

Obviously not! We don't have the inclination or infrastructure to remember handles & maintain a count (rejected members are also hard deleted from the system). Several members get onboard on the first try. However, the reason for the second try being very successful is that, you only realise how serious we are about the "Why Team-BHP?" and "Which Policy" notes after a rejection.
Welcome aboard Pravin!!
I think you will have deducted answer for your question of "customary rejection".
Mods taking time out to reply and that too with good valid reasons. Yet to come across a site which has been stubbornly maintaining its standard for quite some years now.

So lets us all know when you eventually "learn to fly" with "Pigs on Wings" on the "Dark Side of the Moon" while Moon is shining all the Crazy Diamonds out there

Last edited by bkbkr1212 : 13th May 2011 at 14:52. Reason: Correction
Old 13th May 2011, 15:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
However, the reason for the second try being very successful is that, you only realise how serious we are about the "Why Team-BHP?" and "Which Policy" notes after a rejection.
Thanks for the explanation GTO. I must admit it surely hit the mark with me being respectful and circumspect the second time. I have been at a place where we have had a hard time controlling trolls and abuses (it had a live chat section), so I am fully with you on the respect to be accorded to proper inputs during registration.

Reminds me a little about how serious Apple are when they get your details to register on the App Store and the scale required to execute it. As well as App approvals. Of course it is well know how successful and cohesive a moderated AppStore is compared to an unmoderated Android Store.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:00   #7
BHPian

Welcome Pravin!!!
You should be thankful that you got your membership approved on the 2nd try. I tried 5 times and did not get it. But when I got my membership on the 6th time, I was on cloud nine!
Old 13th May 2011, 16:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I saw the title and I was damn sure to find another Pink Floyd fan here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
So lets us all know when you eventually "learn to fly" with "Pigs on Wings" on the "Dark Side of the Moon" while Moon is shining all the Crazy Diamonds out there
Am I relieved not to be the only septuagenarian here. I can't wait to play 'High Hopes' and 'Echoes' when I get the sedan.

And All. Thanks for the fantastic welcome.
pravingmh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 12:48   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
Reminds me a little about how serious Apple are when they get your details to register on the App Store and the scale required to execute it. As well as App approvals. Of course it is well know how successful and cohesive a moderated AppStore is compared to an unmoderated Android Store.
Tell me about it; the procedure to get the Team-BHP App on iTunes entailed so much more work (including an international fax, a very rigorous application etc.) vis a vis the Droid market. Moreover, the itunes approval took over a week (or was it two?), compared to merely a handful of hours for Android.

P.S. Our App was approved at the first shot on either marketplace .
Old 14th May 2011, 19:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tell me about it; the procedure to get the Team-BHP App on iTunes entailed so much more work (including an international fax, a very rigorous application etc.) vis a vis the Droid market. Moreover, the itunes approval took over a week (or was it two?), compared to merely a handful of hours for Android.

P.S. Our App was approved at the first shot on either marketplace .
Oh yes and it requires an another fax when you need renewal. Not to mention that early on apparently their fax message was not operated 24 horus and we had to fax them over repeatedly.

App update approval time-lines have only gotten better and usually takes much less than the 15 days mentioned (I think)

Copyright is another issue altogether though. You shudder at the thought of Apple pulling out your app. There are so many complaints about mischevious and non-proven copyright claims being honoured by Apple that it puts the famed DMCA to shame.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks