Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 20:23   #1
BHPian

Silver lining in a dark cloud

Hello fellow BHPians,

Today, had to be the day that I received the approval mail from the TEAM BHP moderators. As the title suggests, it happens to be the only bright spot , in an otherwise dark ,scary and difficult day. Well, I will explain that in a bit. Let me begin with my introduction, which will lead to the course of events.

I am a marine engineer, sailing the high seas for most part of the year.I end up sailing different vessels on different routes worldwide. Fortunately or un-fortunately, I was assigned to this particular vessel which is trading the infamous Gulf of ADEN and the Somali coast. We have increased vigilance with the recent increased spate of attacks on ships and have evasive measures in place, yet ,despite all of that , we had three repeated hijack attempts by armed pirates in small skiffs. I am unable to express the fear that we felt during the course of the armed attack on our ship. Since I am posting this, it's very evident that we evaded the attack. So the only bright spot,the only silver lining was the TEAM BHP approval email. I was overjoyed , the moment i saw it. Thank you mods,for bringing the smile back to my face.

That apart, I was directed to team BHP during my initial hunt for my new car in March. Since then , I have been hooked on to the site and not a day passes without me coming back to read up on a lot of different threads that I am currently following.

It has been quite a long first post, so I will trail off here beginning with
1) Cars I own- Hyundai Santro and Volkswagen Vento
2) Express my sincere gratitude to GTO whose comprehensive and brilliant review sold the Vento to me( purchased it sitting here on the ship), and ownership posts by noopster, ventoman, chetan BG, evilshantanu ,blackmamba and ankitprashar. Thank you so much guys for all the information.
ventolute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 21:09   #2
BHPian

Re: Silver lining in a dark cloud

Hi and welcome ventolute, even I am new here and I got approved today and since then I have been carrying this big grin on my face. I have been reading a lot about Somalian pirates and the hijackings that have recently hit the headlights in various newspapers. It sure is a very scary journey that you are treading on and I wish you all the best and may God be with you.

Just like you even I love the new car reviews on this site and I read through each and every one of them as they are posted, these days I am hooked to the New Fluidic Verna review and discussions around it. Hope to see you around more often.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:21   #3
BHPian

Hey iFuel.Thank you and a big welcome to you too. Its such a euphoric feeling to be a part of TBHP, especially after the incident today and three failed attempts at trying to be a member. I completely mirror your expression. Thank you for your wishes and prayers.They help us get through tough times.
The fluidic Verna is one review I am following closely , and comparisons are aplenty between the Verna and Vento. I have not driven my new Vento as yet.So this thread is giving me a lot of information about both cars and I wish to see who comes out on top.

See you around too iFuel. Wish you many wonderful experience sharing and knowledge enhancing years on BHP

Last edited by ventolute : 19th May 2011 at 21:32.
Old 20th May 2011, 10:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome dude and glad to see another tbhpian with a Vento. Waiting to hear your feedback on your new car. Have a smooth sail buddy.

See you around.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:05   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard ventolute!! Congrats on the purchase of your new Vento. Waiting for a review on your new ride. Wish youa very happy journey!!!
Old 20th May 2011, 15:43   #6
BHPian

@naveen.raju thank you , hope to see you around in one of the Kochi mini meets.
@speed demon will definitely post a review once am back home gallavanting around the place in my black beauty
Old 20th May 2011, 19:35   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome ventolute and iFuel tp T-BHP! And glad I could be of some help in your car search!

Why don't you start an ownership thread on your new Vento? It may get your mind off those stinkin' pirates!
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 00:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Welcome ventolute and iFuel tp T-BHP! And glad I could be of some help in your car search!

Why don't you start an ownership thread on your new Vento? It may get your mind off those stinkin' pirates!
Hey noopster. Your thread was a huge huge huge help to me in making my decision. Beyond that its a delight to read your thread. Your trip to Mumbai and the meeting with the Admiral was a fantastic read too. Will definitely start an ownership thread once I lay my hands on my beauty and take in the feel and smell of the brand new car. Still on board the vessel. Just can't wait to get home!!
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:55   #9
BHPian

Welcome to the club Sailor! There are couple of more sailors here and their interesting stories. Looking forward to reading your voyage stories in detail as well.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Welcome to the club Sailor! There are couple of more sailors here and their interesting stories. Looking forward to reading your voyage stories in detail as well.
Hey thankyou whitesquall! You know thats a splendid idea. maybe we could start one in the travelogues section or someplace else. A section on our interesting voyages or sojourns in some isolated part of the world. I dont know if the mods would permit it though.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Hey thankyou whitesquall! You know thats a splendid idea. maybe we could start one in the travelogues section or someplace else. A section on our interesting voyages or sojourns in some isolated part of the world. I dont know if the mods would permit it though.
Yeah! Go ahead and start a new thread. I think either the "Travelogues" section or the "Shifting Gears" section is apt. I am sure the moderators will love it. All the best!

By the way, one of the threads that might interest you:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-sail-now.html

Last edited by whitesquall : 23rd May 2011 at 16:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks