Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 13:06   #1
BHPian

Better Late than never !!

Hello Y'all,

It has been a Jolly long time since i have posted on this forum, though, Better Late than never!!!

Though I have not been active by way of posting it is very difficult for me to recollect when was the last time I have 'NOT', checked updates on some of my favorite threads, or have not read a travelogue or randomly gone through some threads to kill time, on a daily basis. I appreciate the forum for the credible information it has for everybody and of course the mods who do a great job of maintaining the high standards. I love cars, travel and music and this forum satiates me with all the infomation i need about them topics.

I became a member in 2008 and lot of things have changed since then, i have moved around quite a bit after that, currently, I am back to my roots - 'BangVille' (Bangalore) was born and bought up here and it is great to be back. Although I have to admit the city which is very close to my heart as well is 'MUMBAI'. Stayed there for enough time to love the charm but hate the real-estate prices.
I love the bangalore which i grew up in, watering-holes during the week and outdoors during weekends, is a way of life for many 'loreans.
Mumbai is a retro-fit for such habits, Watering holes close down a lot later in maximum city and many joints which are open 24X7 ( I know a few !!), and some excellent weekend getaways. Thank you to so many bhpians who unknowingly helped me with all i needed to know when i was new to the city.

I love cars, bikes and in-general Love machinery and the symphony of moving parts coming together - but from a distance. Give me spanner and I prefer opening spirit bottles. I have a stupid grin on my face when I listen to good music from a good music system, one brownie point to everyone who guesses right; where I update myself about In Car Entertainment.

I just realized I have been harping quite a bit about, 'I'.

Getting to the juice now:

i) Owned Alto Lx for 3 Years - Mileage (Approx38,000).
ii) Borrowed Swift VDI for 6 months - Mileage ( Approx 10,000 Km)
iii) Borrowed i10 - Mileage ( Approx - 3,000km)
iv) Owned Grande Punto Emotion 1.3 Mjd - Mileage ( Approx- 3,000Km) - (Current)

ICE :
My last ICE install was done about 3 Years back I am yet to upgrade my ICE on my curent ride (punto). The install was done in Sprocket( Hyderabad).
i) Infinity CS Series Coaxials
ii) Polk Db 4.5" Coaxials on the dashboard.
iii) Alpine 9881..

Top 3 Fav roads:
i) NH 17 (Panvel - Kochi) - by far !!!
ii) Hwy - 1 ( This is a very popular route in US, I have only travelled till Monterey on that route).
iii) Mumbai Pune Expressway ( Only to redline the cars).

Fav Food Joints-
Gomanthak (Mumbai), Britannia (Mumbai), LP(Mumbai), Plan B (Bangalore), Juke Box (Bangalore), Windsor (Bangalore), Mylari Dosa - (Mysore), Britos (Goa), actually so many more from places I have visited but I 'choose' not to bore every one.
But, If you have not eaten Kababs, Haleem & biryani in Hyderabad You have been no where !!!

Favorite Sport Personalities (No specific Order):
Sachin Tendulkar, Dhoni, Fedor Emelianenko, manny pacquiao

If and when I get the rights to post my threads, I immeidately plan to start my Punto ownership thread & the ICE upgrade which I am planning to have done very soon.

Thats it for now, a crisp and small introduction, will hear a lot from me out there in the forums.

Cheers !
Old 27th May 2011, 15:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Better Late than never !!

hi vshetty.

you say that you become member of tbhp in 2008 but your profile says 2006.

dal me kuch kala hai.

jocks apart, let me congrats on your first post. (& for moving back to your birth place)

& you are right about the mumbai ones you get the test you can never go back.
hope you get your posting rights ASAP.

rgds,
Nikhil
Old 27th May 2011, 15:55   #3
BHPian

Yeah Jeespster,

That was a typo, i actually did join in 2006, Infact I found the thread which i had opened then :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ing-party.html

Gee ! how much my language has changed, since.
Old 27th May 2011, 20:47   #4
BHPian

Welcome vshetty.

You had to have 'never'mind in your title, didn't you?
Old 28th May 2011, 00:10   #5
BHPian

Yeah 5 years is quite a hiatus, it was close to being never.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks