Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 20:35   #1
BHPian

Guess What - I have made it!!!

First of all, a huge thanks to the admin team for approving my membership to this esteemed club.

Myself:

I am from Bangalore (a localite), working for an MNC and living in Marathhalli area since 22 years. I love cars and always want to know more and more about them. I am also looking for slightest opportunity to make a quick escape away from the busy city buzz into weekend getaways to peaceful and less/moderately crowded places (basically a nature freak).

I have been following team-BHP from 2007 ever since I bumped into this site and have become a great fan of this club that has impeccable and immaculate information that can be leveraged be it about cars, travelogues and likewise.

My Vehicles:
My first car was a Ford Ikon 1.6NXT ZXI that I owned sometime in 2007 as I always had a phobia for hatchbacks (may sound crazy but from my childhood, I always had this picture of a car with a full stretch boot imprinted in my mind). I had this car for almost 5.5yrs and made several trips to places such as Kodaicanal, Wayanad, Coorg, Mangalore, Chennai, Trichy, Tanjavur, Kumbakonam, Velankani, Pondicherry and Pune & Shirdi being the last before I got it exchanged for a new car in Feb 2011. Apart from this I have had the opportunity to drive other cars like BMWs, Nissans, Camrys, Corollas while I was in the US.

My 2nd Car:
My present car is a brand NHC V MT, which is doing just fabulous right now. I have recently completed my maiden vacation to Ooty-Kotagiri-Coonoor last month and the drive was effortless. Thanks to the travelogues posted here that helped us plan our trip accurately. I am planning to go for a tyre upgrade to 195 60 R15 (any better suggestions would be highly appreciated) sometime in Aug-Sep’11.

That’s about me for now folks. Shall catch up very soon.

Cheers,
KTP

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2011 at 20:42. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 10th June 2011, 22:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Guess What - I have made it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
My present car is a brand NHC V MT, which is doing just fabulous right now. I have recently completed my maiden vacation to Ooty-Kotagiri-Coonoor last month and the drive was effortless.
Cheers,
KTP
Welcome to T-BHP.
I suppose your new car is ANHC right?
It would be helpful if you could post your experience in buying and use of ANHC and also the recent travelogue to Ooty-Kotagiri-Coonoor.
Old 11th June 2011, 20:08   #3
BHPian

You are correct. It’s ANHC. One more correction I had to mention here that I had owned my 1st car in 2005 and not in 2007 that was mentioned earlier. I made this trip with the help of the travelogues that are already available in the forums. Not sure if I can post a similar one again per the rules. You can find vital information on some of the less frequented secret places to visit with the help of the travelogues mentioned below.

Bangalore - Kodaikanal/Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri again for the 3rd time in Swift D!!!
Ooty, Coonoor, Kotagiri, Isha Yoga Centre-From Bangalore
Three-day weekend trip to Ooty and Coonoor
Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!!
ANHC Experience:

Precursor
In my quest for a new sedan, I had test-driven other cars in the likes of SX4, Vento, Chevi and Accent before finally settling for ANHC. As soon as I got into the cabin of ANHC for my test drive, I decided to leave all the other cars behind and go for this one and what made me do this was the sound proof cabin (off course cannot help those loud horns of trucks and SUVs but still I could barely hear them with max noise filtration when inside the cabin). Other features that made me go for it were ample leg room in front and rear (with the front seats pushed back to the maximum), could not feel the bump of the a/c duct in the rear at all that had earlier annoyed me in the Vento. You also have good luggage space under the rear seat to slip in laptops or makeup kits and similar stuff. All in all, I was totally in love with ANHC and more than that, my wife and kids also encouraged me to go for it.

Buying my ANHC V MT (Urban Titanium) was smoother than what I had initially thought. The sales executive who was responsible for closing this deal right from the beginning was very knowledgeable. He had answers with information along with attention to all details and queries that I had. He also gave good freebies in the form of CD player (it initially comes with the USB), floor mats, puncture kit, reverse sensor, cushions. All the formalities were completed within a day and I had to wait for a week to actually feel my ANHC to drive it home. All in all, it was a pleasant experience altogether.

Note from Support: Please format your posts properly to remove tags if posting from external word processor. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th June 2011 at 20:42. Reason: See note in post.
Old 11th June 2011, 21:13   #4
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP ,
You would lods and lods of information about anything and everything you want to know.
Just start a thread and ask anything u want to ever know, there are lots of Bhpians always ready to pour in..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed